《摩登家庭》第1季第10集 第14期:放弃父母的权威(在线收听

 Okay. But if this so-called Santa Claus... 好吧  但如果那个所谓的圣诞老人

doesn't bring me a burgundy dinner jacket, 没送我一件酒红色的晚礼服
we're going to have a big problem. 我们会有大麻烦的
Honey? 亲爱的
Would it really be so bad to back down? 我们真的不该让步吗
And have the kids never take any of our threats seriously again? 那样孩子们再也不会把我们的威胁当回事了
Yeah. 是啊
Or... the kids could realize... 也许  孩子们会意识到
that we're making a supreme sacrifice by giving up our power 我们放弃了做父母的权威  做出巨大的牺牲
to save their Christmas. 来拯救他们的圣诞节
Which would, in a way, be 从某种意义上来说
the greatest gift that we could ever give them. 会成为我们送给他们最棒的礼物
And which would paradoxically make them respect us even more. 那样反而会让他们更加尊重我们
Okay, forget that. Go back one. 行了  算我痴心妄想  想想刚说的
Hey, guys. 老爸老妈
It- it was me. 是我干的
What? - What? 什么  -什么
I found a cigarette at school, 我在学校发现了一根烟
and when no one was home, I- I tried it. 家里没人的时候  我抽了一口
And I-I guess I held it too close to the couch. 我想我可能拿得离沙发太近了
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d1j/469794.html