英语听书《白鲸记》第951期(在线收听

 I wonder, Flask, whether the world is anchored anywhere; if she is, she swings with an uncommon long cable, though. 弗拉斯克,我不知道这个世界是不是已经在什么地方抛了锚;如果是抛了锚的话;那它可得有一根非常长的大缆索。

There, hammer that knot down, and we've done. 喂,把那节头敲一敲,我们这就干完了。
So; next to touching land, lighting on deck is the most satisfactory. 唔,既然不能碰到地面,能够落到甲板上也就最心满意足啦。
I say, just wring out my jacket skirts, will ye? Thank ye. 喂,请你把我外套的下摆给绞一绞干好嘛?谢谢。
They laugh at long-togs so, Flask; but seems to me, a long-tailed coat ought always to be worn in all storms afloat. 人们还嘲笑岸上穿的衣服咧,弗拉斯克;不过,就我看来,象这样在暴风雨中漂浮,倒该穿上燕尾服。
The tails tapering down that way, serve to carry off the water, d'ye see. 燕尾服那种逐渐缩小的衣尾,真派得来刮掉水的用处,你说是吗?
Same with cocked hats; the cocks form gable-end eave-troughs, Flask. 那种卷边的帽子,那样翘得象山形墙角的屋檐的水槽,也是这样,弗拉斯克。
No more monkey-jackets and tarpaulins for me; I must mount a swallow-tail, and drive down a beaver; so. 我再也不穿短上衣和雨衣了;我一定要穿上燕尾服,戴顶高帽子;哼。
Halloa! whew! there goes my tarpaulin overboard; Lord, Lord, that the winds that come from heaven should be so unmannerly! 喂!呸!我的雨衣给刮到海里去啦;天呵,天呵,上天吹来的这股风竟是这样粗暴!
This is a nasty night, lad. 伙伴呵,今夜可真险恶呀。
Chapter 122 Midnight Aloft. — Thunder and Lightning 第一百二十二章 午夜上空——雷电交加
The Main-top-sail yard — Tashtego passing new lashings around it. 主中桅帆桁——塔斯蒂哥重新给它扎上绳索
Um, um, um. Stop that thunder! Plenty too much thunder up here. 唔,唔,唔。别打雷喽!这儿的雷太多啦。
What's the use of thunder? 尽打雷有什么用呢?
Um, um, um. We don't want thunder; we want rum; give us a glass of rum. Um, um, um! 唔,唔,唔。我们不要打雷;我们要甜酒;给我们来杯甜酒吧。唔,唔,唔。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/470219.html