摩登家庭第三季 第78期:射南瓜故事(在线收听

 Once, Cam and his friends tried to slingshot a pumpkin across a football field. Three seconds. That's all he needs to tell that story. 有次,小卡和他的朋友们试着将南瓜从足球场的一端射到另一端的。3秒钟。3秒种就可以讲完那个故事。

So the fog was rolling in over the mountains like an ominous blanket. 山间大雾弥漫,像是覆盖了一条不祥的毯子。
As we readied the giant slingshot. 正当我们准备好弹弓时。
You know, Lorna, the pastor's daughter, She was nervous because like I said, it was after curfew. 牧师的女儿,洛娜,她很紧张,因为当时已经是宵禁后了。
She was a goody two-shoe. Only pastor's daughter I ever met that was. 她是个"冒牌天使"。我遇见的牧师女儿里就她是那样的。
So we finally launch the pumpkin, and it sails through the air, goalpost to goalpost, past the end zone, into the parking lot, through the open roof of Lorna's dad's car. 最终我们将南瓜发射出去,南瓜在空中飞过,穿越一个个门柱,穿过球门区,直飞停车场,又穿过洛娜父亲车子的露顶。
I turn to Cody and I say, "Now what are the chances of that landing there?" 我转身对科迪说,"射到那里的几率有多大?"
He says, "Where?" And I say..."The sunroof of a preacher man." 他说,"哪里?"然后我说,"牧师的汽车天窗。"
Wah-wah. 哇哇。
Okay, come on in! Voila! 好了,进来吧!瞧啊!
Ah! Okay, what are we looking at? 好吧,眼前是什么玩意儿呢?
My centerpiece for Thanksgiving. 我为感恩节制作的餐桌中央的摆饰。
It is wonderful. You're so talented. I can't believe that you did this. 真是太棒了。你真有才。我真不敢相信你做了这个。
Yeah, my juices were really flowing on this one. I actually shot a making-of video. Hey, maybe we can watch it later at the party. 是吧,我自己欣赏的时候也口水直流。我还拍了制作过程的视频。我们可以在派对结束后观看。
Well, yeah, that or football. 或者看橄榄球赛吧。
Mi amor, I'm so proud of you. Is there nothing in the world that you can't do? 小宝贝,我真为你骄傲。世界上还有什么是你做不到的吗?
Centerpieces, for starters. Why do you say everything of his is great, even if it isn't? 餐桌中央摆饰,就算第一件了。你为什么说他做的一切都很棒,即便实际上很烂?
Because I'm building him up. That's what parents do. 因为我在给他树立信心。那是父母的任务之一。
Too much, if you ask me. Kids cross the street nowadays, they get a ribbon. 要我说的话,你做的太过了。现在的孩子会过马路,就能得到朵小红花。
Manny's got plenty of confidence. He just needs a little reality check every now and then. And this thing is a horn of ugly. 曼尼已经自信心爆棚了。他需要的是对现实的偶尔清醒认识。这玩意儿简直丑伤了。
Shh! My mother used to criticize everything I did. And look at me now. I am a jumble of insecurities. 嘘!我妈妈以前总是批评我所做的一切。瞧瞧现在的我。就是个缺乏安全感的可怜虫。
I'm not getting that. -Do not say a word to Manny. 我没觉得啊。-绝对不许打击曼尼。
Fine. But trust me, if you told him the truth, he'd thank you later. 好吧。不过相信我,如果你告诉他实情,他以后会感激你的。
Mm. Like Claire and Mitch? Did they thank you? 像克莱尔和米奇一样吗?他们感谢过你吗?
Not yet. But it's coming. 暂时还没。但很快就会的。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d3j/470693.html