《复仇》第19期:这不是一个关于宽恕的故事(在线收听

 My dear Amanda...If you're reading this,then two things have come to pass. "我亲爱的阿曼达  当你在读这封信的时候  有两件事必然发生了

I am finally able to provide you the life you were unjustly denied. 我终于可以为你提供过去你曾被剥夺的生活
And sadly, I won't be able to share that life with you. 然而不幸的是  我无法和你一起过那样的生活
I hope these journals provide answers to the questions you've had all these years. 我希望这些日记可以为你解答这些年来你的困惑
I am not the man they say I am.And I did not do the things they say I did. 我不是他们口中所说的那种人  我没有做过他们所说的那些事
All I ask is that you promise to do the one thing.That's been so hard for me to do.Forgive. 我只要你承诺一件事  一件我难以做到的事  宽恕
But that was a promise I couldn't keep. 而这个承诺  我无法履行
When deception cuts this deep,someone has to pay. 欺骗伤人至深   必须有人为此付出代价
My father's chance to bring justice to the truly guilty was stolen from him. 我的父亲被剥夺了将真正的罪犯绳之以法的机会
His only option was to forgive.I have others. 他唯一的选择就是宽恕  而我不一样
Would you set it up by the windows, please? 请送到窗户边
And I'd like some, uh, pepper in my bisque. 我喜欢在浓汤里放点胡椒粉
They say vengeance is a dish best served cold. 俗话说  君子报仇十年不晚
But sometimes it's as warm as a bowl of soup. 但有时  十年后的仇恨仍然不减当年
My father died an innocent man,betrayed by the woman he loved. 我父亲含冤而终  他深爱的女人背叛了他
When everything you love has been stolen from you,sometimes all you have left is revenge. 当你所爱的一切被人剥夺  你所剩下的唯有复仇
Like I said...This is not a story about forgiveness. 正如我所说的  这不是一个讲述宽恕的故事
Yes?I want you to find out everything you can about a young woman named emily thorne. 喂  你去帮我查一个叫艾米莉·索恩的年轻女人的所有资料
Emily Thorne? 艾米莉·索恩
That's right. 没错
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d1j/471612.html