《复仇》第4集 第9期:和维多利亚相遇的夜晚(在线收听

Read her the first passage. 给她读第一段

"I'll never forget the night Victoria and I met. "我永远不会忘记和维多利亚相遇的那一晚

"New year's eve, 那是1991年

"1991. 元旦

"In her eyes, I saw kindness and fire 在她的眼中  我看到了善良和热情

"and something else-- 还有一种

"a deep sadness to match my own. 让我与之共鸣的深深忧郁

"It had been two years since I had said good-bye to my wife. 那时距离我和我妻子分手已有两载

"And the pain of that loss was as crippling on that night 而由分手带给我的伤痛在那一夜 

As it was the day I laid eyes on her for the last time." 因我的眼光落在她的身上而开始痊愈"

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? How much? 我们还是直入主题吧  多少钱

For the journal. How much? 这本日记  开价多少

I don't want your money. 我不想要你的钱

Then pray, what do you want? 那么拜托  你想要什么

I want to know about my mother. 我想知道我母亲的事情

Read her the next passage. 给她读下一段

"the only person to whom I ever confided the truth about Kara "关于卡拉  我只对维多利亚

was Victoria." 吐露过实情"

What truth is he talking about? 他说的实情是什么事

All I know is what he told me. 我只知道他告诉过我

That your mother died in a mental institution 在你很小的时候  你母亲就已经

when you were a very little girl. 在精神病院里死了

 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d2j/472732.html