《复仇》第5集 第17期:心有余悸(在线收听

 I hope everything's okay? 贵司最近还顺利吧

Why wouldn't it be? 怎么会这么问呢
In my experience, 以我的经验
when a simple request gets an outsized response, 当一个简单要求得到过度的回应时
either something's wrong or I've won something. 不是出问题了就是我说中了什么
Have I won something? 我是不是真说中了什么
Let's see what we're playing for, shall we? 先看看我们说的是什么吧
Please, sit. 请坐
I understand you're looking for information about David Clarke. 我知道你在打听大卫·克拉克的相关信息
Yes. I need to corroborate his initial terms of employment 是的  我需要确认他在格雷森国际集团
at Grayson Global. 开始工作的时间
I hope you can understand the sensitivity 希望你能理解
we still feel over the unfortunate association 他对我们公司的所作所为
this company has with such a man. 至今仍令我们心有余悸
Yes. I imagine it can be quite tricky. 是  我能想象那种微妙感觉
Tell me, 告诉我
what do the terms of Mr. Clarke's employment 克拉克先生在某华尔街投资公司的在职时间
at a Wall Street investment firm 和诺氏企业这种技术公司
have to do with a tech company like Nolcorp? 有什么关系
I wanted to make sure 我想确认一下
that when Nolcorp invested in Grayson Global years ago 以前诺氏企业投资格雷森国际的时候
that David Clarke wasn't on the account. 大卫·克拉克没有牵涉在其中
It wouldn't do to have a terrorist handling our finances, 没人想让恐怖分子掌管财务
would it? 对吧
I'll look into it and get back to you. 我会查一下  然后通知你
And much obliged. 非常感谢你
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d2j/472823.html