美国小学英语教材5:第140课 纽伦堡火炉(16)(在线收听

 “Wait a little,” said the king, and then he asked,“What do you wish to be when you are a man?” “等一下,”国王说,然后他问道,“你长大了想做什么?”

“A painter. I wish to be what Hirschvogel was— I mean the artist that made my Hirschvogel.” “一个画家。我想成为赫希沃格尔那样的人——我的意思是那个制作我的赫希沃格尔的艺术家。”
“I understand,” said the king. “我理解,”国王说。
Then the two dealers were brought before the king. 于是那两个商人被带到王面前。
They were frightened and trembling. 他们又害怕又发抖。
And they were so surprised, too, at a child’s having come all the way from Hall in the stove, that they looked very foolish. 他们看到一个孩子从大老远的霍尔通过炉子来到这里,也感到很奇怪,觉得自己很傻。
“Did you buy this stove of this little boy’s father for two hundred florins?” the king asked them; “你花了二百弗罗林买了这个小男孩父亲的炉子吗?”国王问他们。
and his voice was no longer soft and kind as it had been when speaking to the child, but very stern. 他的声音不再像和孩子说话时那样温柔和亲切,而是非常严厉。
“Yes, your Majesty,” murmured the trembling traders. “是的,陛下,”颤抖的商人们低声说道。
“And how much did the man who purchased it for me give you?” “替我买的那个人给了你多少钱?”
“Two thousand ducats, your Majesty,” muttered the dealers, frightened out of their wits. “两千达克特,陛下。”商人们嘟囔着,吓得魂不附体。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d5c/477028.html