译林版牛津高中英语(必修2):Unit2 Wish you were here-Reading(1)(在线收听

An adventure in Africa

非洲冒险

30 June

6月30日

Dear Aihua

亲爱的爱华:

How are you? Sorry I haven't written for so long.

你好吗?抱歉很长时间没写信了。

I've been quite busy arranging my holiday with my older brother, Colin.

我一直忙着计划我和哥哥科林的假期。

Colin and I plan to spend a few weeks travelling before he goes to university.

科林和我想在他上大学之前外出旅游,玩儿上几个星期。

We're going to visit so many exciting places and do lots of extraordinary things.

我们要参观那么多令人兴奋的地方,做那么多不同寻常的事情。

We will go to Africa first. I can't wait! Have you ever been there?

我们将先去非洲。我都等不及了!你去过那儿吗?

We leave London on 15th July, and we'll be taking a fly to Morocco, in northern Africa.

我们7月15日离开伦敦,然后飞到北非的摩洛哥。

We're going to ride camels through the Sahara Desert.

我们要骑着骆驼穿过撒哈拉沙漠。

It's the biggest desert in the world--about the size of the US!

撒哈拉沙漠是世界上最大的沙漠--和美国差不多大。

I expect it will be very hot, dry and dusty there.

我想那儿会非常炎热、干燥、多尘。

We'll be travelling by camel with local guides, camping in tents and sleeping on the ground.

我们将骑着骆驼旅行,并有当地导游陪伴,扎帐篷、睡在地上。

I've heard that, in the Sahara there is no shade during the day, and the stars seem especially brilliant on clear nights.

我听说,在撒哈拉沙漠,白天没有阴凉处,而在晴朗的夜晚,星星格外的明亮。

I'll bring a flashlight with me so that I'll be able to see in the dark.

我会带上手电,这样就能看见黑暗中的东西。

Altogether, the trip will take six days.

整个旅行要六天。

That means I'll have to sit on a camel for almost a week--how uncomfortable!

那就是说我要骑将近一个星期的骆驼--太难受了!

I hope my camel likes me!

希望我的骆驼喜欢我!

After the trip by camel, we're going to travel down the River Nile.

骑骆驼的旅行结束后,我们要沿着尼罗河旅行。

We'll start at Lake Victoria.

我们将从维多利亚湖出发。

A little way down the river from Lake Victoria, the water gets quite rough.

沿着维多利亚湖下行一点儿,水流竟然变得湍急起来。

So, we'll go white-water rafting.

所以我们要漂流。

It's quite dangerous, but very exciting!

很危险也很刺激!

You have to wear a helmet and a life jacket for protection, just in case you fall into the water.

你得戴上头盔,穿上救生衣做保护,以防你落入水中。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/ylbnjgzyy/bxe/482893.html