英语PK台 第1019期:iPhone11来了(在线收听

 

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: Mark, are you going to get a new phone anytime soon?

京晶:马克,你近期打算入手新手机吗?

Mark: Not until this one breaks.

马克:这个坏了再说。

Jingjing: Wow, I can't believe you're still rocking an iPhone 6. Aren't you having problems with the battery?

京晶:哇,真不敢相信你竟然还在炫iPhone 6,电池不是出问题了吗?

Mark: I had it replaced at a good fix-it shop near where I work.

马克:我在单位附近的一家不错的修理店把电池换了。

Jingjing: Hmm, well I'm looking at the iPhone 11. I'm surprised that it costs less than last year's XR did.

京晶:好吧,我正在看iPhone 11。我惊讶了,比去年的XR便宜呢。

Mark: Yeah, but you might be disappointed if you don't opt for bigger memory. And you should consider the pro model.

马克:是的,但如果你没有选择更大的内存,你可能会失望。你应该考虑Pro版。

Jingjing: That's a huge jump in price.

京晶:那价格可就贵多了。

Mark: Right. You'd have to read up on whether or not an iPhone 11 pro would make sense for you. I know you use your phone a lot and you treat it really well.

马克:是啊。你最好仔细研究一下iPhone 11 pro是否适合你。我知道你用手机很频繁,而且你把它维护得很好。

Jingjing: I do that. But I don't want to throw money around. I'll have to get much more than 64GB in storage, for sure.

京晶:的确是那样。但是我也不想乱花钱。我肯定得弄个比64G大得多的存储空间。

Mark: Yeah. That'd get filled up in a weekend.

马克:对啊。一个周末就能把这点内存塞满了。

Jingjing: It would. And I wouldn't want to be the one at a party deleting old pictures to make room for new ones.

京晶:就是这样。我可不想成为一个在派对上为了给新照片腾出空间不得不删旧照片的人。

Mark: What a first-world problem.

马克:这真是个“发达国家”的问题呢。

Jingjing: Yeah. I still don't know how you make do with your bare-bones smartphone.

京晶:是的。我还不知道你是怎么凑合用你那部基本款的智能手机的。

Mark: I'll show you my cloud drive sometime. Until then, consider shelling out an extra one or two thousand to make your next year or two a bit easier.

马克:有时间我给你看我的云盘。到那时,考虑多花一两千块把你未来一两年生活变得更轻松一些。

Jingjing: I probably will. I want to be the one at parties who can say, hey let's use my phone, so we can get everyone in the picture.

京晶:我会考虑的。我想成为那个能在聚会上能说“嘿,大家用我的手机拍照吧,保证每个人都入镜”的人。

Mark: Yeah, I heard about the wide-angle lens on the iPhone 11. Shop wisely, Jingjing!

马克:是啊。我听说了iPhone 11的超广角镜头,去明智地选购吧,京晶。

New words : 习语短语

rocking (something)

炫,晒,秀出某样东西

– holding/wearing something, especially if it's stylish or impressive (here, “rocking” is used sarcastically)

fix-it shop 维修店

– a repair shop

opt 选择;挑选

- choose

read up on (something)钻研; 熟读

– study something, get enough information to make a good decision

throw money around 挥金如土 大手大脚花钱

– spend too much money, waste money, pay for things that might be cheaper or free later

first-world problem 发达国家的问题

– a problem people only have in developed countries (NOT starvation, POSSIBLY angst)

bare-bones 最基本的;降到最低限度的

– simple, having no extra features

wide-angle lens 广角镜头

– the glass in front of a camera sensor, which can get more into a picture so that, for example, if someone takes a group photo from 3 meters away, all the people can be seen in the photo

Dialogue 2

Jingjing: Mark, wanna check out my new phone?

京晶:马克,想看看我的新手机吗?

Mark: Sure. Let's see what it looks like. Huh? That's your old one!

马克:好啊。让我们看看它长什么样。哈?这根本就是你的旧手机啊。

Jingjing: Yeah, here's a picture of the pro and the regular iPhone 11. Help me decide.

京晶:是的,这有一张iPhone 11 pro和普通版的照片。帮我做决定吧。

Mark: A picture?! You had me going there for a second. So you haven't made it out to buy one yet.

马克:图片啊?我都被你骗到了几秒钟。所以你还没想好买哪一个。

Jingjing: Nope. I was too busy last week. I'm glad I've had a chance to sleep on it a few nights. Now no decision is so likely to feel like the wrong one.

京晶:没啊。我上周太忙了。很高兴我能有机会用好几个晚上来深思熟虑。这样的话,就不太可能会做出错误的决定了。

Mark: Yeah. Haste makes waste. Say, have you thought about buying an XR? The new release is bound to knock a thousand or two off that price.

马克:是的,欲速则不达,不能仓促做决定。那,你有考虑过买一部XR吗?新发布的手机肯定能让它再降个一两千块。

Jingjing: That's worth considering. I've really got my heart set on the new camera though.

京晶:这个值得考虑。不过我真的很想要新手机上的摄像头啊。

Mark: Yeah. Since you take lots of photos with your phone, you should treat yourself to an iPhone 11.

马克:是啊,既然你都是用手机来拍照片,那你就给自己买一部iPhone 11吧。

Jingjing: Alright. I'll probably step out to the Apple Store after work.

京晶:好吧。我可能下班后就去苹果商店。

Mark: Don't get suckered into too many upgrades and add-ons.

马克:不要不经劝诱就买一堆升级和附加组件。

Jingjing: You know me, Mark. I'm not too impulsive. Anyway, I'd have to wait a few more days for the iPhone pro.

京晶:马克,你知道我的。我没那么冲动。不管怎么样,iPhone pro还得再等几天。

Mark: Yeah, I guess there's nothing impulsive about pre-order.

马克:是,我想预购没什么可冲动的。

Jingjing: Aww, you're just envious I'll probably have a new smartphone before you.

京晶:唷,你只是在羡慕嫉妒我可能比你先入手一部新手机吧。

Mark: Ha ha. Well, if you say it that way, you better hurry. I have a new tablet near the top of my shopping list.

马克:哈哈哈。好吧,如果你这么说,那你最好动作快点。我购物车最上面的是一台新平板。

Jingjing: Oh yeah? Are you going to buy one soon?

京晶:真的吗?你打算马上买一个吗?

Mark: Just as soon as the one I have breaks.

马克:还是等我用坏了手头的这个再买。

New words : 习语短语

had me going 让我相信 我被骗了

– made me believe/expect something that turned out to be false

sleep on it 深思熟虑 考虑一晚上,事情等到第二天再解决

– think about something, consider it carefully, wait a while (i.e. until tomorrow) before deciding

Haste makes waste. 欲速则不达

(a proverb) If someone works too quickly, they waste materials and/or time fixing their mistakes.

(have) my heart set on (something) 一心一意想做某事,想要某事

– wanted something, chose it already, am counting on having it

treat oneself (to something) 用某物来犒劳、奖赏、招待某人

– buy something for yourself, or do something for yourself, mainly to feel good (NOT treat yourself to a dental X-ray, POSSIBLY treat yourself to a nice dinner)

get suckered into (something / doing something) 被蒙骗/受愚弄 做某事

– get persuaded, usually without such good reasons, to buy or do something

impulsive 冲动的,鲁莽的

–making quick decisions, by whim

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/487418.html