VOA常速英语2019--饲养健康狗狗(在线收听

Breeding Healthy Dogs

Hi, Maisie. I saw you already. I know, I love you.

嗨,Maisie!我已经看见你啦!我爱你。 

I just love dogs. They are like your best friend.

我很喜欢狗,它们就像是最好的朋友。 

And you can’t get wrong with a golden.

和一只金毛猎犬在一起你是不会出什么问题的。 

They are so sweet. They really are. They love everybody.

它们真的十分可爱,真的。它们喜欢大家所有人。 

Loving animals, that’s one thing that inspired me and a lot of it has to do with being in the medical field and liking to help people.

喜欢动物,这一点给了我灵感。而我从事医学工作,喜欢帮助他人其实都和我喜欢动物有所联系。 

I like to help dogs too.

我也喜欢帮助狗。 

If the dogs are too closely related, they shouldn’t be bred.

如果狗的品种太接近就不适合放在一起养。 

We screen hips, elbows, thyroid, eyes and genetics.

我们会检查它们的屁屁,肘部,甲状腺,眼睛,和基因遗传, 

So we connect the dogs correctly together.

所以我们把它们放在一起时会格外注意。 

So we’re not putting in different types of diseases in the dogs.

我们会避免让狗狗们生病。 

I breed most of my females until they’re seven, and then we fix them.

我养的大多数狗都是母狗,等到它们七岁时,我会为它们做结扎。 

We keep them in guardian homes.

我们把它们放在监护人之家中。 

That means I would place a dog with you at eight weeks, grows up, stays with you for its lifetime.

这也就是说,我会在狗狗八个星期大的时候把它送给它的未来主人,以后一直和它的主人生活在一起。

When it retires and I fix it. you are still going to keep the female, because you are the parents of that dog.

当狗狗退休时,我会为它们结扎。你还是可以留着你的小母狗,因为你就是它的父母。 

I don’t know. Where is Beckett? Beckett! Beckett!

我不知道Beckett在哪?Beckett!Beckett! 

Yeah! He’s from Ukraine, and he is a good guy.

它来自乌克兰,这只狗很棒。 

He passed all his clearances, got a good temperament.

它清理掉了自己的粪便。它脾气也很好。 

He is a good male, yes he was.

它真的很好。 

I don’t want to sell you a dog.

我不想把狗卖出去。 

Let’s just say, that in six months to seven months old, you have to have a hip replacement.

它们在六七个月大的时候,需要为它们进行髋关节替换。 

I think there are different kind of breeders.

我觉得饲养者有很多种类型。 

I don’t tend to like breeders who get rid of their dogs at 6 and 7.

我一般不太喜欢那些在狗狗六七岁时就把它们抛弃的养狗人士。 

Why not use a guardian home?

为什么不考虑监护人之家呢? 

If that dog didn’t work out in your breeding program,spay it, leave it with the family.

如果狗狗在你的饲养项目中出现了问题,那就给它结扎,把它留给它所在的家庭。 

They’re still going to love it.

他们还是会很喜欢那里的。 

Yes, because you my babies.

因为你是我的宝贝。 

And actually, I hold them and sing to them sometimes when they’re little too.

当它们还很小的时候我会抱着它们,有时候也会给它们唱歌, 

So they get to know my voice.

所以它们对我的声音很熟悉。 

Dilly dilly! Come back. Thank you!

Dilly!Dilly!谢谢你,快回来吧! 

Don’t take a walk. Yes, you’re back.Thank you!

别晃悠了。你回来了。谢天谢地! 

Now down. I love you, too!

现在趴下来吧!我也爱你! 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/voastandard/2019/11/489717.html