诉讼双雄第二季 第13集 性歧视案(在线收听

We just went through a civil war, and the world knows it.

公司刚经历一场内战,而大家都知道了

You're using privileged information to target our clients.

你利用保密信息挖我们的客户

Pearson Hardman is falling apart.

皮尔逊·哈德曼现在四分五裂

I never thought you'd betray your own firm.

我没想到你会背叛自己的公司

I did nothing wrong.

我没做错什么

Jesus!

天哪

You're the guy that nobody wants

没人想留你

but we can't get rid of.

但又赶不走

You order me to rescind an offer

你跟我说,公司停招

due to a firmwide hiring freeze.

让我收回发出的聘书

Two minutes later, you hire a fifthyear.

可一转眼,你就招了一个毕业五年的

Katrina Bennett.

我叫卡特里娜·班尼特

I need you to waive my noncompete,

我要你免除我的非竞争条款

so I can take a position at another firm.

这样我就能另谋高就了

You went to Louis? He didn't betray us, Harvey.

你去找路易了,他没有背叛我们,哈维

He found the problem.

他发现的问题

You may have fended off this attack,

你们也许成功抵挡了这次攻击

but we're not the only ones circling.

但我们不是唯一打你们主意的

We fended you off, we'll fendff the rest.

我们抵住了你,也能抵住别人

I want my name on the door.

我的名字要挂在门口

Nice!

Hors.

横,竖,横,竖

That means you get an "e", you lose.

把这个"正"字写满,你就输了

Thank you. I can spell. Too bad you can't shoot.

谢谢,我识字,可惜不会投篮

Crumpled paper.

这只是皱纸团

Winners don't blame the ball or the rim

赢家才不会怪球或者篮框

or the wind speed in a closedoff room.

或者密闭房间里的风速

The fan was on.

风扇开着呢

Excuses don't win championships.

借口不会帮你赢得冠军

Oh, yeah? Did Michael Jordan tell you that?

是吗,迈克尔·乔丹跟你说的

No. I told him.

不,是我跟他说的

Come on. All right.

进去,好吧

That was going in. We're in the middle of a game!

那个本来会进的,我们在比赛呢

If you two are playing horse,

你俩要是在比赛扔纸团的话

then one of you needs to thank me.

那其中一个就得多谢我了

Thank you.

谢谢

Pussies. Out.

真没用,出去吧

Would you like to finish this game?

你要不要比完这局

Winner gets to be name partner.

赢家可以成为冠名合伙人

See, that's funny because you're already name partner

真搞笑,你早就是冠名合伙人了

Derek Portis died this weekend.

德里克·波蒂斯周末去世了

What took him so long?

怎么才死啊

Harvey. What?

哈维,干嘛

He lived a long life. He was an old man.

他活了很久,是个糟老头

He was 56. Didn't look a day under 70.

他才56岁,看着像70多的

Man dies, and the first thing you think

有人去世了,你首先想到要说的是

to say is that he looked older than he was.

他看起来比实际年龄大

No. That's the first thing I said.

不,这是我首先说的

The first thing I thought to say was,

我首先想到要说的是

"Dead or alive, Derek is a dick."

"不论生死,德里克都是个混球"

A dick that convinced Folsom Foods

这个混球说服了福尔松食品公司

to settle with us for $10 million.

以一千万美元的数额跟我们庭外和解

Well, we'll just have to tell his replacement

我们只要告诉接手这案子的律师

the settlement needs a signature.

和解协议需要签名就行了

It's not gonna be that easy. Why? Who's replacing him?

没这么简单,为什么,谁接手这案子

I'm gonna have the Cornish Hen,

我要考尼什鸡

and we're gonna start with the foie gras special,

头盘要特色鹅肝酱

two of them.

两份

You're gonna love it. Just one.

你一定爱吃,一份就好

I'm okay. Thank you. Dad.

我不用,谢谢,爸爸

I'm watching what I eat.

我要注意饮食

On my birthday?

今天可是我生日

I'm trying to be disciplined.

我在努力自律

Listen...

听着

I'm taking a case against

我要接一个跟皮尔逊·哈德曼律所

Pearson Hardman.

打对台的案子

It's Folsom Foods. Do you know it?

福尔松食品公司的案子,你知道吗

Um, of course. It's the genderdiscrimination case.

当然,那件性歧视案

Well, I wanted to give you a chance to get off it,

这件案子是你在跟的话

if you were on it.

我给你机会放弃

Well, I'm not, but okay.

我没在跟,不过心领了

It's just that I know

就是我听说

you keep a low profile at work.

你在律所挺低调的

That was supposed to be between me and Mom.

我让妈妈不要告诉你的

Well, I wish you could tell me these things,

我希望你能跟我分享事情

and I wish that you didn't keep the fact

我也希望你不要瞒着别人

that I was your father a secret.

我是你父亲这个事实

It's not a secret. I just don't broadcast it.

不是瞒着,只是没有大肆宣扬

People treat me differently once they find out you're my dad.

他们知道你是我爸就不会像现在这样对我了

Are you worried that they're judging you

你担心他们会而对你评头论足吗

for being a paralegal?

因为你是律师助理

No, Dad.

不,爸爸

Only you judge me for being a paralegal.

只有你会因此对我评头论足

I do not judge you. It doesn't matter.

我没有,无所谓了

I'm not planning on being a paralegal forever.

我也不会一辈子都做律师助理的

I know.

我知道

Right there.

就是这个表情

You can't even pretend to believe

你连假装相信

I have what it takes to be a lawyer.

我有做律师的资质都做不到

Rachel, you are a beautiful woman,

瑞秋,你很美

and you can do whatever you want.

你想做什么都行

Beautiful, not smart.

美丽,不是聪慧

Honey, I am trying to give you a headsup.

亲爱的,我只是想提点你一下

And you're taking the whole thing

但你把这事看得

as an indictment.

像控告似的

Do you believe I have what it takes to be a lawyer?

你相信我有成为律师的资质吗

It's been five years,

都五年了

and...

还是

It hasn't happened.

没有变化

I just wonder if you've considered trying something else.

我只是在想,你是否考虑过转行

Of all days

一直以来

"Hey, Rachel, how was your birthday?"

"瑞秋,你生日过得如何"

"Great. My dad told me that I should aim lower."

"可棒啦,我爸说我不应该好高骛远"

Please, Rachel, that is not what I meant.

拜托,瑞秋,我不是那个意思

Let's just have lunch. No, Dad.

我们还是吃饭吧,不,爸爸

Really, I wouldn't want you to overeat

说真的,我可不想让你吃太饱

on the day that you told me that I won't amount to anything.

因为你说我将会一事无成

Rachel.

瑞秋

Excuse me.

打扰一下

But I think you might be in the wrong office.

我觉得你可能进错办公室了

Oh, I'm in the right office.

没进错

You're Katrina Bennett,

你是卡特里娜·班尼特

Harvey's mysterious new hire.

哈维聘请的神秘助理

I'm afraid that puts me at a disadvantage,

这可让我处于劣势了

because I don't know who you are.

我都不知道你是谁

That's our problem right there.

问题就在这里

We have a problem? Oh, yeah, a big one.

我们之间有问题吗,还是个大问题

You haven't come to see me yet.

你还没来给我请安

Again, I don't know who you

还是这句话,我不知道你是

I oversee the first and secondyear associates.

我监管第一年和第二年的助理

It's a responsibility that I take as seriously

我对待这个职责很认真

as holding the nuclear launch codes in my hands.

就像在我手上的是核武器发射码一样

Well, if you take it so seriously,

你要真这么认真负责

then why are you in a fifthyear associate's office,

怎么还会跑来一个五年资历助理的办公室

trimming your fingernails at her desk?

在她桌上剪指甲呢

Trimming?

剪指甲

This is a goldplated nickel alloy cuticle sculptor

这可是丹麦南部买的镀金镍合金

from the south of Denmark,

角质层修剪刀

And I will sculpt my nails

我高兴在哪修指甲

wherever I damn well please.

就在哪修指甲

Why don't we see what you're up to?

不如来看看你在干什么

That's passwordprotected.

有密码保护的

Please. Prosecutor99 third try.

拜托,第三次尝试,检察官99

That's a violation of my privacy.

这是侵犯我的隐私

Oh, yeah? Who are you gonna tell?

是吗,你要跟谁告状呢

I see you're representing Chad Ritter.

你要代表查德·里特

And this is your defense? Wow, it's like you're a baboon.

这是你的辩护词,跟狒狒讲话似的

I'm in full control of Mr. Ritter's defense strategy.

里特先生的辩护策略由我全权负责

It's not a strategy, it's a prayer,

这可不是策略,这就是祷告

which is why I'm going to be forced to supervise you.

所以我不得不监督你

I don't need a babysitter.

我不需要保姆

You're not getting a babysitter.

我不是保姆

You're getting Louis Litt. This is unacceptable.

我可是路易·利特,这无法接受

Be that as it may,

随便你

you can either welcome my tutelage,

要么高高兴兴让我指导你

or you can crawl back to the D.A.'s office

要么爬回你的地检办公室

from whence you came.

打哪来回哪去

Welcome to Pearson Hardman.

欢迎来到皮尔逊·哈德曼律所

You got a minute?

有时间吗

Maybe.

也许

It's not about us. It's about work.

不是谈我们的事,是公事

Oh. Then, yeah.

那我有时间

Folsom Foods

福尔松食品公司的案子

Missy dietler's your paralegal on it, right?

蜜西·蒂特乐是你的律师助理,对吧

Yeah, when she's not texting her boyfriend

是的,等她不再每隔五秒

every five seconds or her roommate,

就给她男友发短信,或者再隔五秒

like, every other five seconds.

就给她室友发短信的时候

Put me on instead.

换我来

No.

不行

I don't think that's a good idea.

这可不是什么好主意

The new opposing counsel is my dad.

新任对手律师是我爸爸

Your dad is Robert Zane?

你爸爸是罗伯特·赞恩

Is it so hard to believe that my father's black?

我爸是黑人就这么难以置信吗

Robert Zane is black?

罗伯特·赞恩是黑人

You think this is a yearround tan?

你以为是晒成这么黑的吗

I know who you are, but I can't believe

我知道你不是晒的,但我真的不敢相信

that your father is the Robert Zane.

你爸爸就是传说中的罗伯特·赞恩

And you never said anything to me.

而你从来没告诉过我

I don't like people here knowing.

我不想让同事知道

Oh, and I'm just "people"?

我只是"同事"啊

I mean, before, with theokay.

我是说,在那之前,好吧

Look, I'm offering to help you kick his ass.

我主动要求帮你打败他

Are you gonna make room for me or not?

你究竟让不让我加入

Before I answer that question,

在我回答之前,我要问问

do you really think it's a good idea

你真的觉得咱们一起工作

for you and I to work together?

是个好主意吗

Are you really asking me what is or isn't a good idea?

你是真的在问我这个问题吗

Look out, Robert Zane.

罗伯特·赞恩,你可要当心了

First of all, Robert.

罗伯特

I'm sorry to hear about Derek Portis.

德里克·波蒂斯的去世,我很遗憾

Oh, I appreciate your condolences, Harvey,

感谢你的慰问,哈维

but the fact is, Derek was a dick.

不过事实是,德里克是个混蛋

That's what I said.

我也是这么说的

That's what everybody says.

大家都这么说

In any case, you didn't need to come all the way over here.

无论如何,你不用亲自来这里

We could've faxed you that settlement.

我们可以把和解协议传真给你的

Here you go, sir.

给您,先生

You and I both know I didn't come over here to sign.

你我都知道,我不是来签字的

I came to negotiate.

我是来协商的

To renegotiate. Which is bad faith.

重新协商,那是不守信用的

The fact is you snookered Derek.

问题是你骗了德里克

10 million is double what any competent attorney

一千万是任何一个合格的律师

would've settled for.

能够接受的两倍金额

Should have been 5. I'll give you 2.

本来应该是五百万,我现在开价二百万

Great. Let's settle for 2.

太好了,就二百万

Then I'll get you the keys to my condo,

然后我把公寓的钥匙给你

and maybe you'll drop a deuce on my pillow.

让你在我的枕头上再拉一滩屎

Does it have a security code? Doorman?

你公寓要不要密码,有没有门卫

Okay, you've had your fun.

玩笑开完了

But we're not taking that offer.

我们不能接受那个数

Then when would you like to schedule

那你准备把斯洛恩·莫斯利的取证

Sloane Moseley's deposition?

安排在什么时候

But you can't redepose her, Mr. Zane.

你不能重新让她取证啊,赞恩先生

Yes, he can.

他可以

And you'll use this opportunity

你会借着这个机会

to show Sloane Moseley what she's in for.

告诉斯洛恩·莫斯利她的处境

When I get done with her,

等我取证完毕

she's gonna jump at the 2 million.

二百万也会让她高兴得跳起来的

That's more than bad faith. That's just cruel.

这可不只是不守信用了,你这是残忍

My offer stands.

我坚持二百万

Uh, it was nice to meet you, sir.

很高兴见到您,先生

What?

怎么了

"Sir"? "Mr. Zane"?

"先生" "赞恩先生"

Why don't you just call him "Dad" and get it over with?

不如直接叫"爸爸"得了,那多痛快

I was showing respect.

我只是表示尊重

You're trying to get invited to Thanksgiving dinner.

我看你是想去他家吃感恩节晚餐

You think he'd let me have one of the turkey legs?

你觉得他能让我带个火鸡腿回来吗

I don't think that's what you're wanting him to let you have.

你想得到的可不是火鸡腿吧

You think I didn't notice that Rachel Zane

你以为我没发现瑞秋·赞恩

just became the paralegal?

刚刚成为我们的律师助理吗

She asked to be on it.

她主动要求加入的

This better not end up with you in bed with her

希望最后别是你和她滚了床单

telling her your secret.

还把自己的老底揭给她

Not a problem.

没问题

We'll do it on the couch.

我们滚沙发

That was not respectful to you, me, or her.

这样对你我她都很不尊重啊

Or her father. Or your couch.

还有她爸爸,还有你的沙发

Not my couch.

别用我的沙发

Donna. Katrina.

唐娜,卡特里娜

You know who I am? I know who everybody is.

你认识我,这里的人我都认识

That's what I've heard. Do you have a minute?

我听说了,你有时间吗

Well, eight days from now, I think I got a spare 45 seconds.

八天之后,有45秒的时间

Well, if you get a break...

如果你有休息时间的话

You think I can be bought with cookies?

你以为饼干就能收买我吗

Homemade, chocolate chip.

自制的,带巧克力

Dark chocolate? Semisweet.

黑巧克力吗,半甜型

A dollop of peanut butter? Butterscotch.

花生酱的,奶油糖果

Walnuts? Please.

核桃吗,拜托

Pistachios.

开心果

The nut of royalty.

贵族之果

Who told you my weak spotMike?

谁告诉你我的弱点的,迈克吗

Bertha.

贝莎

Big Bertha from the D.A.'s office?

地方检察院的贝莎吗

You're remembered fondly there.

那儿的人都很想念你

Aw, yeah.

是啊

I'm remembered fondly everywhere.

哪儿的人都很想念我

Okay, you got one minute.

好,给你一分钟

Who the hell is Louis Litt?

路易·利特到底是谁

This might take more than a minute.

一分钟可不够

How bad?

情况有多糟糕

I'd like to throw him through a plateglass window.

我想把他从窗户上扔出去

Not a totally unprecedented reaction.

不止你一个人这么想

Harvey brought me in, so I don't want to piss him off.

哈维带我进来,我不想惹他生气

I just want to know what the protocol is.

我想知道有什么规矩

Harvey won't stand in your way, but you listen to me.

哈维不会阻拦你,但你要听我一句

You want to go toetotoe with Louis,

你想要和路易对着干

you better be prepared to go the distance.

做好长期作战的准备吧

Jessica. Robert.

杰西卡,罗伯特

What can I do for you?

有什么可以为您效劳

I just want to talk, one name partner to another.

我只想谈谈,冠名合伙人之前的谈话

I want you to settle Folsom Foods.

我想和你就福尔松食品的案子达成和解

I thought we were already settling Folsom Foods.

我以为我们已经做完这个案子了

I proposed a slightly different number.

我提出了一个不太一样的数字

Which Harvey already said no to.

哈维已经说了不接受

Well, you know me.

你了解我

I don't go for that genderdiscrimination stuff,

我没有性别歧视

but Harvey negotiates like a girl.

但是哈维谈判的时候像个小女孩

No, he doesn't.

不,他可不像

But he does style his hair like one.

不过他的发型的确很像

I know.

我知道

What the hell is that?

那是什么造型啊

I don't know. What's your number?

我也不知道,你开价多少

2 million.

二百万

That's an $8 million hit.

砍掉了八百万啊

It's 8 million to your client, and you need a win.

那是你客户的八百万,你需要赢

Do I?

是吗

Yeah, it's no secret that Pearson Hardman's

丹尼尔离开之后,皮尔逊·哈德曼律所

been taking it on the chin since Daniel left.

收到了重创,这已经不是秘密了

Well, that might mean something if I had a glass jaw.

但我们仍能轻松打败那些不堪一击的对手

Partners have jumped ship, associates were poached,

合伙人纷纷出走,助理律师被挖角

clients have bailed.

客户离开

Partners were pushed,

合伙人是被逼走的

associates were fired, and clients were retained.

助理律师是被解雇的,客户都保住了

Well, you can spin it all you want.

随你怎么说

But a highprofile win

但是赢了知名度这么高的案子

that sure would look good.

面子上肯定很好看

If I lower my price.

前提是我要降低赔偿金

A win's a win. It doesn't matter how ugly.

赢就是赢,不论赢得多不光彩

Robert Zane poked his nose into my office.

罗伯特·赞恩来找过我

He try and hit on you? I think he's always had a thing.

来跟你搭讪吗,我一直觉得他对你有意思

Who doesn't?

谁对我没意思啊

He thinks we're weak. I know.

他觉得我们很弱,我知道

He pulled the settlement.

他撤回了和解协议

Not on the caseus.

和案子无关,是我们

Are you saying he went over my head?

你是说他想骑到我头上来吗

He heard about Allison Holt's bullshit last week.

上星期他听说了艾莉森·霍特干的破事儿

Let me guess.

我猜猜

He's pulling the same bullshit right now.

他又说了同样的屁话

Told me the world knows we need a win,

他对我说,全世界都知道我们需要一场胜仗

tried to leverage that to get me to settle.

想用这种手段让我和解

Son of a bitch.

这个老混蛋

That's not bad faith. That's below the belt.

这不是不守信用,这手段可真是卑鄙

You know what I do to someone who hits me below the belt.

你知道我会怎样回敬这种卑鄙之人

Cut 'em off at the knees.

让他们跪地求饶

Louis.

路易

I just need

我只是想

I just

Yeah.

Looks delicious. What is that?

看起来很好吃,什么东西

It's a spinach and kale power smoothie.

菠菜和甘蓝菜的能量冰沙

I'm in the middle of my quarterly cleanse.

我正在进行季度净化断食

What do you want?

你想干什么

To apologize...

来道歉

for any misunderstanding we might have had.

为了咱们中间的误会

That you might have had.

你的误会

I had. And it was huge.

是,而且是很大的误会

I looked up your record.

我看了你的档案

You're a whitecollar genius.

真是律政精英啊

Go on.

继续

I don't just accept your tutelage.

我不只是接受您的指导

I'm begging for your help.

我在请求您的帮助

Well, beg away.

开始吧

My motion to dismiss is Wednesday

我的撤案动议在周三

with Judge Mcintyre.

由麦金太尔法官主持

I've never been able to connect with him.

我总是不对他的胃口

Yeah, that's 'cause you don't understand him.

那是因为你不了解他

Well, all I know is he's punitive.

我只知道他处罚得很严

No, he's a stickler.

不,他是个坚持细节的人

Don't be late, don't be sloppy,

别迟到,穿得整洁点

don't be disrespectful, and he'll love you,

别失礼,他会喜欢你的

Just like he loves me.

就像他喜欢我一样

Since you know him so well,

既然你这么了解他

would you do me the honor of signing on as first chair?

您能赏脸当首席律师吗

I can.

我可以

And I will.

而且我很乐意

You've forgiven me with grace,

您大方地宽恕我

and now you're saving me in my hour of need.

现在又在我困难时帮助我

You're my knight in shining armor.

您就是拯救我的英雄啊

I will seeeth you on Wednesday, milady.

周三见,"夫人"

You wanted to see me?

你找我吗

Yes, but usually that means

对,但通常我要见的人都会

the person tells Donna they're here,

先告诉唐娜他们来了

then Donna tells me. That's how it works.

然后唐娜再告诉我,规矩是这样

Donna's not there.

唐娜不在

You think that's by accident?

你觉得这是巧合吗

Apparently not.

显然不是

You know why you're here?

你知道为什么喊你来吗

Because my last name is Zane.

因为我姓赞恩

You know why Donna isn't?

知道为何唐娜不在吗

Because you know we're friends.

因为你知道我和她是朋友

And you're about to ask me to do something

你即将要求我做件事

that she would tell me not to do.

而她不会同意的

And what exactly do I want to ask you?

知道我要你做什么吗

You want to know if I want to be in on the deposition.

你想知道我是否想参加取证

You did ask on the case.

你打听了这案子

Yes, I did.

我是打听了

And before you ask me if I'm tough enough to be in there,

在你问我能否在取证中坚持住之前

I want you to know that I am tough enough.

我想告诉你我够坚强

That's not what I wanted to ask.

我不是想问你这个

I want you to know if you think it'll rattle your father.

我想问,你是不是觉得这会激怒你父亲

Frankly, I don't think he'd care.

说实话,我知道他不会在乎

Good.

很好

Why good?

怎么了

Because if that's what you think about him,

如果你这么想的话

then your relationship is worse than you think.

你们俩的关系比你想象的还要差

And he cares about you more than you know.

他其实很在乎你

Is this a joke?

这是个笑话吗

She doesn't need to be in there.

她没必要出席

Sloane Moseley?

你指斯洛恩·莫斯利吗

You know who I'm talking about.

你知道我说的是谁

You think having her in the room

你觉得她的出席

is gonna keep me from doing my job?

会影响我工作吗

The relevant question is,

当前的问题就是

what is she gonna think about you

在你把斯洛恩·莫斯利

after you eviscerate Sloane Moseley?

折磨得体无完肤之后,她会怎么看你

You accuse me of being cruel,

你现在指责我残忍

and you orchestrate this stunt.

其实这都是你一手策划的

We had a deal. You pulled it.

我们说好的,你反悔了

Put the deal back on the table,

继续我们之前的协议

this whole thing ends now.

一切就都结束了

Harvey, what did you do?

哈维,你干了什么

My job.

我做了我该做的

Ms. Moseley?

莫斯利女士

Why did you choose this particular field?

你为何选择在这个领域里工作

Because I have a love of food.

因为我热爱食物

Is it really a requirement of excellence

难道对食物的热爱是

in an executive that one love food?

成为优秀行政主管的必要条件吗

It's not a requirement,

不是必要条件

But it's a food company.

但这是食品公司

And it's what I thought made it a perfect fit.

我的热爱很适合食品公司

Well, if it was such a perfect fit,

既然是如此合适

why were you looking for a job in another field?

你为何还在另外的领域找工作

Because I spent nine years killing myself for your client,

因为这九年我一直在为你的委托人卖命

and got passed over for promotion after promotion

错过了一次又一次的升职

in favor of lessqualified men.

眼看着比我资历低的人步步高升

Okay, let me get this straight.

让我把话说明

So you hit a wall, you blame my client.

你遇到了挫折,却怪罪我的委托人

And rather than figuring out what it takes

你没有自我反省

to make it in this perfect fit,

想想如何完善自己

you give up and fold like a house of cards.

却选择了像纸牌房子一样放弃屈服

I don't know what law school you went to.

我不知道你在哪上的法学院

But I was always taught that depositions require questions.

但我记得取证只能问问题吧

I went to Harvard.

我上的哈佛法学院

And here's your question.

下面就是我的问题

After all these interviews for all these jobs,

在面试了这么多工作之后

why didn't you just pursue one of them

你为何不接受一份工作

and switch careers?

改变你的职业呢

It would require a step backward.

因为那意味着我要退一步

Isn't it true it didn't require a step backward?

也许不需要退一步呢

But that's all you could find,

你只能找到需要退一步的工作

because no one thought you were any good

是因为没人觉得

at the job you had in the first place.

你胜任你最初的工作

You don't know that.

你并不知道

I have sworn testimony from a headhunter

我有人才猎头的宣誓证词

who said nobody wanted you.

他说没人愿意要你

Okay, you're badgering her.

够了,你在困扰她

Well, the truth is you're untalented and pathetic

真相就是,你没有才能,而且很可悲

and blaming other people

你把责任推卸给他人

because you don't have the skills or the fortitude

因为你缺乏技能和毅力

or anything else to make it in your chosen field.

没法在你的领域里成功

And you don't even have the courage

你都没勇气

to try something else.

尝试其他职业

I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure

抱歉,我想确保

that the court reporter got all that.

法院书记官记下来了

Did you hear it down there?

都听到了吗

We heard it.

我们都听到了

Good.

很好

I have a few more questions.

我还有几个问题

No.

不行

This deposition is over.

这次取证结束了

This is the men's room. You know that, right?

你知道这是男洗手间吧

Don't do that shit again.

别再那么做了

Excuse me?

你说什么

I don't need your protection.

我不需要你保护我

That's what my dad does.

那是我爸该做的事情

Rachel, the only thing your father and I have in common

瑞秋,我和你爸的共同点就是

is that you're angry at both of us.

你对我们俩都很愤怒

Well, all you did in there was embarrass me.

你在里面的行为让我很尴尬

Embarrass you?

让你尴尬

I wasn't even watching you. I was watching our client.

我都没看你,我在看我们的委托人

You're trying to say

你想说

you didn't call that off because of him?

你不是因为他才终止取证的吗

No, I'm trying to say I didn't call it off because of you.

不是,我想说我不是因为你才终止取证

Even though evidently you went to Harvey

不过你显然去找了哈维

to ask in to make it about you.

请求参加取证,好像这一切都是关于你

I didn't go to Harvey. He came to me.

我没去找哈维,他找的我

Look, Rachel,

听着,瑞秋

you might want to make this Zane versus Zane,

你也许以为这是赞恩的家庭战争

but it's not.

但这不是

It's Folsom Foods versus our client.

这是福尔松食品公司对抗我们的委托人

But you're so eager to prove how tough you are

你太渴望证明你有多坚强

that you seem to have forgotten about her.

似乎都忘了我们的客户

How dare you?

你怎么敢这样

How dare I what?

我怎么了

I just got a $3,000 fine from Judge Mcintyre

刚才麦金太尔法官罚了我三千美元

for missing my own hearing.

因为我错过了我的听证

I know.

我知道啊

I was wondering what happened to you.

我还奇怪发生什么了呢

I thought maybe your horse took fever, my liege.

我以为你的马发烧了呢,"殿下"

You said it was Wednesday, and you know it.

你说的周三,你肯定记得

No. I said Tuesday...

没,我说的是周二

As is confirmed in the documents I gave you.

我给你的文件也可以证明

This here is a fight you don't want to have.

你不会想跟我斗的

I didn't pick it.

又不是我挑起的

yeah, you did.

不是你还能是谁

And now you're gonna pay that fine,

现在你得付那笔罚款

and you're gonna write a letter

再写封信给麦金太尔法官

expressing how sorry you are to Judge Mcintyre.

告诉他你很抱歉

No. I'm not.

不,我不会的

I'm gonna count to five.

我会数到五

You can count to 500.

你数到五百都行

The only thing I'm sorry for is getting stuck with you.

我唯一感到抱歉的,就是无法摆脱你

You lied to me...

你骗了我

and you know it.

你心里清楚

Oh, yeah?

是吗

Who you gonna tell?

你会跟谁告状

Here it comes. Speech number 162

又来了,第162次演说

14 reasons why I'm an asshole.

用14个理由阐述我为何是个混蛋

No, no. This is gonna be 216.

不对,这是第216次了

That's uncharted territory.

那可是片未知领域

And you're still not gonna like it.

你还是不会喜欢的

If it's coming from you, that goes without saying.

如果出自你口中,那是显然

Look, I'm just saying that you went

我只是想说让瑞秋

out of your way to put Rachel in that deposition.

出席取证,你越界了

You promised uncharted territory.

你对灰色领域又没意见

We've been here before.

我们以前讨论过这个话题

No, usually you're accusing me of making things personal.

不,通常情况下是你指责我没有公事公办

But this time you're making things personal

但这次,你把和罗伯特·赞恩的私人恩怨

for Robert Zane. No. He made it personal.

牵扯了进来,不,是他带进来的

And how exactly did he do that?

洗耳恭听

He threatened our firm.

他威胁我们公司

And on top of that, he tried to show Sloane Moseley

然后,他试图让斯洛恩·莫斯利明白

what she'd be in for her if this goes to trial.

如果上了法庭等着她的是什么

So I'm just returning the favor.

所以我只是以牙还牙罢了

Yeah, well, it didn't seem to have much of an effect on him.

行吧,但看上去对他没多大触动

Trust me. It will.

相信我,会有的

And did you think about the effect

那你有考虑过对斯洛恩·莫斯利

it'll have on sloane moseley, not to mention his daughter?

会产生什么影响吗,更别提他的女儿了

Here we are,

绕了一圈

right back to good old 162.

又回到老问题上来了

Did you misunderstand me when I said

你是听不懂我说的

to cut Robert Zane off at the knees?

让罗伯特·赞恩跪地求饶的意思吗

You too?

又一个要演讲的吗

Oh, don't tell me you think I went too far.

别说你觉得我做过火了

I don't think you went far enough.

你离合格还远着呢

What? Your client just called.

什么,你的客户刚打来电话

She wants to take Zane's bullshit settlement.

她想要签赞恩那狗屁的和解书

You're gonna want to turn your hips

你应该转动你的臀部

to transfer your weight through the ball.

带动你的体重来击球

Nice job tracking me down.

居然能找到我,真厉害

You think you're the only one

你以为只有你一个人知道

who knows where Judge Benjamin plays?

本杰明法官在哪儿打球吗

No.

不是

But I'm the only one here he plays with.

但我是这儿唯一一个和他打球的人

Now, did you come here to caddie for me?

所以你是来给我当球童的吗

I came here to negotiate.

我是来和你谈判的

Bullshit.

扯淡

Your client caved after that deposition,

取证之后你的客户缴械投降了

because she knew she couldn't make it through a trial.

因为她知道法庭之上她毫无胜算

So I'm gonna negotiate for you.

所以是我来帮你讨价的

The offer on the table was 2 million.

协议书上的价格是两百万

It just went down to one.

现在变成一百万了

Robert. Now it's 500,000.

罗伯特,现在是五十万了

You're pretty good at this.

你挺会砍价的啊

Remind me to have you buy my next car for me.

提醒我下次换车的时候喊上你

Now it's 100,000.

现在只有十万了

No, wait.

哦不,等等

Here.

拿着

No one wins if we go to war.

上了法庭对谁都没好处

You don't have children, do you?

你还没有孩子,对吗

You came to my house and threatened my firm.

你来我的地盘,威胁我的公司

"Your house"?

你的地盘

You put my little girl in that deposition

你让我女儿坐在那儿取证

so she could see me shred that woman,

让她看着我如何毁掉那个女人

which I did because that's my job.

而我没有退缩是因为这是我的本职

And I was trying to protect that woman.

我在试图保护我的客户

That was my job.

这也是我的本职

Well, your client is scared shitless.

但你的客户吓得面如土色

So I guess that means that I did my job

应该说我的工作比你做的

a lot better than you did yours.

要好得多了吧

The settlement is gone.

和解取消

You want something...

还想要什么的话

You come take it at trial.

咱们就法庭上见

What do you need?

你想要什么

A napkin.

一张纸巾

No, social security number,

不我是说,社保号码

date of birth, favorite color,

出生日期,最喜欢的颜色

allergy to nuts. I don't know.

果仁过敏,我不知道

What's it gonna take?

你需要哪些资料

I don't think I need to steal

我不觉得我们现在需要

your father's identity just yet.

窃取你父亲的个人资料

Mike said he pulled the settlement,

迈克说他撤回了协议

and we can't let that happen.

我们不能让他如愿

"We"? Yes, "We."

"我们", 对,"我们"

I work here too.

我也是这儿的一员

Now I get it. Get

现在我懂了,懂什么

No, no, no. This isn't about me and my father.

不不不,这不是我和我爸的恩怨

This is about the client.

这是有关我们的客户

No, I meant why Donna likes you so much.

我是说我懂为什么唐娜这么喜欢你了

Oh. Thank you. II like her too.

这样啊,谢谢,我也很喜欢她

You know what?

你猜怎么着

I was gonna give in and drop this case.

我本来打算投降放弃这个案子了

But now that you accosted me during my me time,

但你执意要在私底下找我

I'm gonna change my mind and do what you say.

我打算改变想法,照你说的去做

You were gonna continue with it anyway.

你本来就没打算放弃

Yes. Right.

被你看穿了,好吧

Would you like to eat my bagel now too?

你现在也想尝尝我的百吉饼吗

Oh, thank you. I...

真的吗,谢谢你,我

I'm so sorry.

不好意思

Thank you.

谢谢

What are you doing here?

你来这儿干什么

I just came by to tell you that you were right.

我只是路过进来和你说你是对的

This is your case, not mine.

这是你的案子,不是我的

I'm no longer first chair.

我不是首席律师了

Fine. We're best friends.

很好,我们最要好了

Now please leave.

现在请你离开

Okay, I came to give you your files back.

好吧,我是来给你送文件的

All rise.

全体起立

No way. I wasn't born yesterday.

不可能,我又不是三岁小孩

I've got my files right here.

我的文件就在这儿

Okay, Katrina, I'm offering us both a way out here.

卡特里娜,我是在给大家一个台阶下

You keep whatever's in those files the hell away from me.

你带着你的文件,离我越远越好

Okay. You got me.

好,我懂了

I'm not to be trusted. All right, let's get to it.

你不相信我,那就开始吧

Ms. Bennett, I believe you have something for me.

班尼特小姐,我想你有东西要呈上

Your honor,

法官大人

Mr. Gibbs charged my client with securities fraud,

吉布斯先生指控我方证券诈骗

but he neglected to disclose

但同时他隐瞒了

discrepancies between the S.E.C.'s findings and the IRS's.

美国证监会与国内税务署的报告有出入

I have with me an exhibit.

我这儿有详细的证据

I'm sorry. You must've accidentally somehow gotten

不好意思,你肯定不小心发现自己拿了

the file of pictures of me

一堆我被PS成

photoshopped as various American presidents.

各届美国总统的相片

I actually like that one.

事实上我挺喜欢那张的

I look pretty sharp, don't I?

我看上去挺精明的,是吧

What you're really looking for was this...

你其实要找的是这个

like I offered.

我之前说的

But per your request,

但按照你的要求

I'm gonna keep it the hell away from you.

我会带着它离你远远的

Is this some sort of joke?

你们这是在开什么玩笑吗

No. Your honor.

不,法官大人

Bring that folder up here right now.

那就立刻把那个文件夹呈上来

And if they're not legitimate court documents,

如果它们不是合法的法庭文件的话

you are in for one hell of a fine.

你将被处以罚款

What are you working on?

你在忙什么

I'm going through the reviews for every executive

我在查阅过去五年内

promoted at Folsom Foods for the last five years.

福尔松食品公司提拔的所有主管人员

You?

你呢

Reviews of every executive promoted at folsom foods

查阅过去五年内福尔松食品公司

for the past five years.

提拔的所有主管人员

You were right.

你是对的

This is not Zane versus Zane.

这不是什么父女大战

And I don't want to talk about my dad anymore.

我也不想再谈论我爸了

Good.

很好

It's like he was sitting me down

那感觉像是他让我坐下

and looking me in the eye

看着我的眼睛

and telling me... What?

对我说... 什么

that I'm untalented and pathetic

你不仅没有天赋而且可悲可怜

and don't have the skills or the fortitude

没有高超的技艺或是坚韧的意志

or anything else it takes to make it in my chosen field.

或者任何我所选的领域内所需的素质

He was talking to a client.

他这话是在说给客户听

You got a 172. You're going to law school.

你考了172分,你要去上法学院了

He can't deny that.

这点他无法否认

Yeah. Hehe doesn't know that.

其实,他还不知道这事

Rachel, you

瑞秋,你

When I, um...

以前我

told him that I was highschool salutatorian...

告诉他我要在高中毕业典礼上致欢迎词,美国高中生第一名在毕业典礼上致告别词,第二名致欢迎词

guess what the first words out of his mouth were.

猜他听完说的第一句话是什么

He wanted to know who the valedictorian was.

他想知道谁来致告别词

Nope.

不对

He said...

他说

"Number two ain't bad."

"第二名也不赖"

He thought it was funny.

他觉得他很幽默

Everyone's always said that my mom is beautiful

所有人都说我妈妈美貌动人

and that my dad is smart and powerful.

我爸爸机智强大

And all I've ever wanted is for him...

我只希望他能

He's never gonna see a different side of you

他永远不会看到你不一样的一面

if you don't show him a different side of you.

如果你不把那面展示给他看的话

He knew I was sitting right there.

他知道我当时就坐在那儿

You chose to be sitting right there.

是你自己选择坐在那儿的

Louis. Hi, Donna.

路易,嗨,唐娜

What can I do for you?

有什么可以为你效劳的吗

Not for me.

不是为我

For Katrina.

为卡特里娜

Which one's Katrina again? Okay, you know what?

卡特里娜是谁来着,得了

You've had your fun. Time to let it go.

你玩够了吧,该冰释前嫌了

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm not gonna let anything go

恐怕我没法一笔勾销

Until that woman kneels before Zod.

除非她给左得跪下

First of all, you know who Zod is?

别的不说,你知道左得是谁吗

And second of all, you think you're Zod?

其次,你以为自己是左得吗

General Zod was a visionary leader

左得将军是远见卓识的领袖

who was underappreciated by his entire planet.

却在自己的星球得不到赏识

Of course I know who he is.

我当然知道他是谁

Okay, well, Katrina isn't Superman,

好吧,但卡特里娜不是超人

so what the hell do you want from her?

你到底想要她怎样

Okay. I get it.

我懂了

Harvey is Superman, and he hired Katrina,

在你眼里哈维是超人,他雇佣了卡特里娜

instead of you getting your firstyear.

而却没让你招那个新人

Her name was Maria, and this is not about that.

我那个新人叫玛丽亚,但这和那事没关系

What this is about

这事是关于

is me getting respect from a new employee, so...

我得到新员工的尊敬

You beat her. You want her respect?

你在欺负她,真想要她尊敬你吗

Make up with her and leave her alone.

就与她和好,别去烦她

Oh, really, Donna? Is that a sign of respect?

是吗唐娜,这就是尊敬的表示吗

Leaving someone alone, like you and Harvey

不去烦某人,就像你和哈维那样

left me alone since Daniel?

在丹尼尔离开之后对我不闻不问

Louis, Harvey welcomed you back.

路易,哈维欢迎你的回归

"Welcomed"?

他那样叫欢迎

He ripped up my letter of resignation,

他撕了我的辞呈

and he didn't say a word.

一语不发

Louis. You know what?

路易,跟你说吧

Over the years, all the ribbing

这么多年来

and all the practical jokes between you and Harvey,

你和哈维整了我那么多次

I found that to be a sign of respect.

我觉得那算是尊敬

But you haven't had one conversation with me

但是自从你说

since you told me you never wanted

你再不想看到我的臭脸之后

to see my smug face again.

你没和我说过一句话

So you know what? You go tell Katrina

所以言归正转,你去告诉卡特里娜

that I'm not really in a forgiving mood.

本大爷真没心情原谅别人

I had an idea about Folsom Foods.

福尔松食品公司的案子,我有个主意

You too? What?

你也来这套,怎么

You are not getting my bagel.

别想抢我的百吉饼

Why would I want your bagel?

我干嘛要你的百吉饼

Never mind. What do you got?

别提这个了,你有什么主意

I checked the review of every promotion

我查了过去五年

from the last five years.

所有的升职评价

Every time they don't promote a woman,

每当他们不想提升女性员工时

they use some combination of the same 16 words.

他们会用固定的几个词组

And the men? No.

男员工呢,不用

What are the words?

是什么词组

"Highstrung, sensitive, aggressive, abrasive..."

"高度紧张,敏感,激进,草率"

Coded language.

像密码似的

They went out of their way to shield themselves

长久以来,他们千方百计

from any one person bringing a genderdiscrimination suit,

不让某个女员工以性别歧视来起诉

which means they treated all of them the same.

也就是说他们对女性一视同仁

As a class.

集体性事件

Yeah. And guess how many.

是的,猜猜有多少人

113 female employees across all 22 divisions.

来自22个不同部门, 113个女性员工

You know what they have in common?

你知道她们有什么共同点吗

All denied promotions

都被拒绝升职的要求

due to the fact that they're women,

就因为她们是女性

not that they're untalented or pathetic

而不是因为能力不济

or lack the fortitude to excel in their chosen field.

也不是因为缺少成功的毅力

This is a crock of shit.

这完全是扯淡

You didn't want to settle for 2 million.

靠两百万和解是痴人说梦

You'll be lucky to settle for 200 million.

两亿元能搞定已经算谢天谢地了

Robert, play all the golf you want.

罗伯特,尽情享受高尔夫吧

Judge Benjamin isn't gonna get you out of this one.

这次本杰明法官也帮不了你

How we doing today, boys?

伙计们今天顺利吗

Sir, need you to step over here, please.

先生,请站过来

Easy, batman. I left my belt on.

别紧张,蝙蝠侠,是我的皮带

Well, if it's okay with you,

好吧,如果可以

I'm gonna break out my trusty bat metal detector.

我要使用我的蝙蝠金属探测器

Sir, we need you to raise your arms above your head, please.

先生,请你双手举过头顶

Okay, and I'm gonna need your badge number.

好的,我要记下你的警徽号

How did those get there?

这东西怎么会在兜里

Sir, this is a weapon. A weapon?

先生,这是件武器,这也算是武器

They're my nail scissors, you asshole.

这是我的指甲剪,混蛋

They're goldplated. They cost $2,000.

是镀金的,花了我两千块钱

You're gonna bring a $2,000 weapon into my courthouse?

你是打算带着两千美金的武器进法庭吗

I'm just saying I don't know even how they got there.

我是说我也不知道它怎么会在我口袋里

Oh, well, maybe the Riddler put them there.

也许是谜语人放的(蝙蝠侠的宿敌)

Okay, that's very funny. I'm just saying...

这很好笑,我就是想说...

Maybe it was, like, a big misunderstanding.

这一切都是误会

You say you don't know whose those are?

你是说你不知道这剪刀是谁的

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. Okay. I'm sorry.

不是的,好吧,我错了

Okay, let's just start over.

我们从头开始

I'm just gonna need them back.

我就想拿回来

I'm placing you under arrest

我现在以偷藏武器

for carrying a concealed weapon

妄图进入纽约法院的罪名

into a courthouse in the state of New York.

对你实施逮捕

And for assaulting an officer of the court.

同时你还袭击了法警

What? Hey, Eddie.

什么,你好,埃迪

Hey, Ms. Bennett. Nice to see you again.

你好班尼特小姐,见到你很高兴

How are Shelly and the kids? Oh, they're doing great.

雪莉和孩子们还好吗,他们很好

You know, I mean you know, she's

我是说...她很好

Yeah. No, they're doing great. Thanks for asking.

他们很好,谢谢关心

It was her!

是她干的好事

You think I don't know that?

你以为我不知道吗

I always loved that picture.

我一直很喜欢这张照片

Me too.

我也是

Tryouts for the school play.

学校舞台剧的试镜照

Minnie Mouse.

演米老鼠米妮

I want to talk about the deposition.

我想谈下取证的事情

Rachel, you and I cannot talk about the case.

瑞秋,我们不能谈论这个案子

I said the deposition, not the case.

我是说取证,不是案件本身

I don't give a shit about the case.

我不在乎什么案子

Then why did you take it?

那你为什么要接

Because you took me out for my birthday

因为你带我出去过生日

and told me you were picking a fight with my family and said,

却告诉我你要和我公司为敌

"Sit it out, little girl. You can't handle this."

还说"别管这事,小姑娘,你管不来的"

Do you know why I love that picture?

你知道为什么我喜欢这张照片吗

Because I'm still your little girl.

因为那时我还是你的乖乖女

Because you were happy.

因为你当时很快乐

You remember what happened at those tryouts?

你还记得试镜那天吗

Yeah. I didn't get the part.

是的,我落选了

And it killed you. I was a child.

你很伤心,我只是个孩子

And most children let things go.

大多数孩子没多久就忘记了

But you never tried out for a play again.

但是你再没去试过镜

I did other things.

我有别的事情可做

But why aren't you doing other things now?

你现在就没有别的事情可做了吗

I am watching you fail

我眼睁睁看你失败

and stall and beat yourself up.

为此痛苦不堪

And it rips me up inside.

我心如刀割啊

I took the LSATs.

我参加了法学院入学考试

I got a 172.

得了172分

When?

什么时候

Six weeks ago.

六周以前

And you're just telling me now.

为什么现在才告诉我

I didn't want to hear some joke about your 177.

我不想听你炫耀你的177分

When we were in that room,

在取证的时候

I know you were talking to her,

我知道你针对的是她

but it was like you were aiming everything right at me.

但感觉却是你说的每句话都是针对的我

And then I thought, "You know what?

之后我明白了

Maybe you look at all of us that way."

也许你看待所有人都是这样的

Rachel. Well, we're not all the same.

瑞秋,我和她们不一样

And you need to toughen up

你得小心了

because I am not that little girl anymore.

因为我不再是你的乖乖女了

So who's gonna kneel before Zod now?

看看现在谁跪在了左得面前啊

I'm not kneeling before anybody,

我不会向任何人屈膝的

let alone the person who framed me

更别说是那个陷害我

and put me in this jail cell.

让我身陷囹圄的人

You humiliated me with Judge Mcintyre.

你让我在麦金太尔法官面前出了丑

Oh, please. You did the same thing.

得了吧,你不也整了我

Missing an appearance is different

我只是让你缺席

from looking like a buffoon in open court.

而你让我在整个法庭面前丢人

I gave you a way out, so don't come crying to me.

我当时给过你出路,这事儿你不能怨我

Rapist, murderer...

强奸犯,杀人犯...

These are the kinds of people I'm used to dealing with.

我习惯了和这些人打交道

And you know where they are?

你知道他们怎么样吗

Spending the rest of their lives

他们要花费整个后半生的时间

realizing that I wasn't just a pretty face.

才能意识到我不是个花瓶

Is that what you think this is about?

你觉得我整你是因为这个

You treated me like shit because I'm a woman.

就因为我是女的,你才这么对我

How dare you? I worship women.

你凭什么这么说,我崇拜女性

My mother, my grandmother God rest her soul

崇拜我妈,我祖母,愿她安息

Hillary clinton, Gwen Stefani.

崇拜希拉里·克林顿,格温·史蒂芬妮

Then what the hell is your problem?

那你是为了什么

You took a job from somebody who deserved it more.

你抢走了别人的饭碗,那人比你更适合

I went to resubmit my motion to dismiss.

我重新提交了撤销案件的动议

Turns out Judge Mcintyre already received it...

麦金太尔法官好像早就收到了

From me.

说是我给他的

The client needed it, and you wrote it.

客户需要,而你又写好了

For me to put my signature on it would just be wrong.

我硬要在上面落痕迹很不合适

Well, it worked.

法官同意了

Are you ready to call a truce?

你准备接受停战吗

Are you gonna frame me for murder if I say no?

如果我不接受,你会用谋杀罪陷害我吗

Not as long as you keep these in your own office.

只要你把这东西放自己办公室里,我就不会

Robert.

罗伯特

What a coincidence seeing you here.

在这里见到你,真巧啊

It's not a coincidence. I didn't think it was.

一点都不巧,我也没觉得是

I got to give it to your man Harvey.

你那个哈维还有点本事

He comes full throttle.

气势汹汹啊

He has his pros and cons.

他有他的优点和缺点

They all do.

他们都这样

Did you bring your checkbook?

你带支票簿来了吗

Thank you. I brought this.

谢谢,我带了这个

You're going to decertify our class?

你要取消我们的集体诉讼案

I'm gonna bust it wide open.

我要把这个全搞开

You see, after you brought my daughter to that deposition,

你让我女儿参与那次取证之后

I realized not all women are the same.

我发现不是所有女人都一样的

No way this gets busted up into 113 cases.

你别想把这个搅成113个独立案子

I'd say a minimum of 45.

要我说最少也有45个了

Some you may win, some you may lose.

有些你能赢,有些你会输

All of which are gonna drain your resources.

但一个案子都会消耗你们的资源

You're threatening me again.

你又来威胁我了

I have another option. Which is what?

我还有另一个选择,什么

I told you not all women are the same.

我跟你说了,不是所有女人都一样

You got to be kidding me.

你不是开玩笑吧

"Not all women are the same." What the hell does that mean?

"不是所有女人都一样" ,这是什么鬼话

He wants to merge.

他想和我们合并

What?

什么

Pearson Zane.

皮尔逊·赞恩

No. No way. I'm not doing that.

不不,没戏,这我可不干

Oh, excuse me?

你说什么

We didn't fight off Hardman to end up here.

我们赶走哈德曼可不是为了这个下场

Well, you went after the man's daughter,

还不是你折腾人家女儿

which is what put us here.

我们才落得这个下场的

You told me to cut him off at the knees.

是你叫我把他得跪地求饶的

If you're gonna go that low to put someone down,

你要是用那样的手段打到一个人

then you better make damn sure that they don't get back up.

最好别让他们能再爬起来

It doesn't matter if it's Robert or not.

不管是不是罗伯特

They're gonna keep coming.

他们都会穷追不舍的

Until I put your name on the door.

直到我把你名字加上去是吧

That's not what this is about.

不是这个意思

We can only take these hits for so long.

我们撑得了一时,撑不了一世

Death by a thousand cuts.

千刀万剐总得死

All right.

好吧

Well, if they're gonna keep coming,

要是他们继续穷追不舍

then we may as well just make it one big brawl.

那我们不如干脆跟他们大干一场

Jessica. What a coincidence.

杰西卡,真是巧啊

Skip it.

省省吧

I'm guessing by your tone

听你这口气

that our merger is off the table?

合并是没希望了

It was never on the table.

本来也没有希望

What's this? A press release.

这是什么,新闻稿

"Female head of major law firm

大型事务所女领导

"is going to the ends of the earth

将不惜一切代价

to fight 45 cases of gender discrimination."

把这45件性别歧视案件进行到底

This is bullshit.

净是些胡扯

Look at me.

看着我

You'll cripple your firm.

这会拖垮你的律所的

I would rather lose my firm

我宁愿失去律所

than get married staring down the barrel of a shotgun.

也不会娶你过来天天威胁我

You're not gonna be able to have my daughter

你总不能每次取证

in every deposition.

都叫我女儿到场

This is 45 cases.

这可有45件案子呢

And it will cost you 45 times the amount

这样你想要和解

that you could settle for right here.

也得比现在多花上45倍的钱

Yeah, I know you.

我知道你

The chess master you think you're Bobby Fischer.

象棋大师,你觉得你自己是鲍比·菲舍尔吗(前国际象棋世界冠军)

This isn't chess. It's dominoes.

这可不是象棋,这叫多米诺

Now, the first case might be tough.

开头的案子可能会很艰难

But after that,

但那之后

one by one...

一个接一个...

And when it's all said and done,

等一切尘埃落定的时候

I'll be the last one standing,

我就是笑到最后的那个

holding a big, fat check in my hand.

手握一张丰厚的支票

Remind me to get the papers ready

记得提醒我准备文件

for, uh, the deposition tomorrow, the 19th.

好参加...明天的第19次取证

Uh, that would...

这样...

Holy shit.

老天

Who the hell did this?

哪个该死的干的

All right, Norma, if you're gonna keep letting people

听着,诺玛,你要是再让人这样

into this office like this,

随随便便地进我的办公室

then what the hell good are you?

那我还要你干什么

Oh, yeah, wait.

对了,等等

And by the way, remind me to buy socks for next week.

还有记得提醒我买下周穿的袜子

I'm running low.

快没得穿了

I got to admit,

不得不承认

you do look kind of hot as a bad boy.

你坏小子形象还挺性感的

You tell me right now this was not Katrina Bennett,

告诉我这不是卡特里娜·班尼特干的

'Cause this is not a truce. Oh, please.

因为这可不叫停战,拜托

Katrina had nothing to do with this.

卡特里娜跟这没半点关系

Then this was you? No.

那是你干的吗,不是

Harvey?

哈维

You're not lying.

你没骗我

Nope.

一点没

Does this mean that you and I are good?

这意思是我们之间没事了吗

No.

不是

Not yet.

还没

Bye, Louis.

再见,路易

Wait, don't go.

等等,别走

We're back!

我们和好了

No, we're not.

不,没有

Oh, shit.

该死

I'm dropping the case.

那案子我放手不管了

Why?

为什么

Because I never should have taken it in the first place.

因为我一开始就不该接手

Dad. You said it yourself.

爸,你也说了

I picked a fight with your family,

我去找你家人的麻烦

told you to sit it out,

还要求你袖手旁观

and those aren't words a man should ever hear from

一个男人不该逼自己女儿

from his daughter.

说出这种话来

You're not tough enough?

你不够坚强了吗

Not even close.

差得远呢

Well, we never finished our lunch.

我们那顿午饭还没吃完呢

Tomorrow?

明天怎么样

Tomorrow.

明天

But we'll have to pick a new place.

不过我们得换个地方了

I already tried that foie gras of yours.

我已经尝过你点的那个鹅肝了

You did? Yep.

真的吗,没错

And?

怎么样

It tasted like ass.

简直难以下咽

Come on.

拜托

Looks like you guys made up.

看来你俩和好了

It's a start.

就算个开始吧

I didn't want to interrupt,

我没想打扰你们

and I know I'm a few days late,

而且我知道这晚了几天

but...

不过...

Is that my...

那是我的...

Your LSATs score?

入学考试成绩

Yeah. I figured...

是,我想

you shouldn't keep things like this a secret.

这种事你不该藏着掖着的

Thanks, Mike.

谢谢你,迈克

Happy birthday.

生日快乐

How did you know it was my birthday?

你怎么知道那天是我生日

Oh, right. I must have told you once.

对了,肯定以前跟你说过一次

You did, yeah. I mean, I forgot.

是,你说过,我忘了

Yeah, this is from Donna.

是,这是唐娜送的

Come on.

拜托

That is exac...

你就是...

I just saw that...

我刚看到...

Yeah, that's how fast I am.

反应就这么快

You're impressed. It's no big deal.

打动你了吧,没什么的

How did it go down?

怎么解决的

Did you tell him if he puts one of ours in the hospital,

你跟他说敢惹我的人

we put one of his in the morgue?

我就把你大卸八块吗

No, Harvey. I did not quote the Untouchables to the man.

哈维,我没跟他引用《铁面无私》台词

You should've, "You stinkin' Irish pig."

你该用的, "你这只蠢猪"

That's really funny,

真逗

"You lying member of a nogood..."

"你个没用的撒谎精..."

Robert.

罗伯特

Oh, I hate to interrupt in the middle

我没打算打扰你们

of a Untouchables quote fest.

演《铁面无私》

Two doors down, they're doing Steel Magnolias.

那边隔一个办公室在演《钢木兰》呢

You'd fit right in.

你去肯定特合适

I'm more of a beaches man myself.

我比较喜欢沙滩的

I assume you're here to settle.

我猜你是来谈和解的

I'm afraid not.

恐怕不是

I wanted to tell you that my firm

我是来通知你

has a conflict of interest,

我的公司有利益冲突

so I decided to farm out the case.

所以我把案子外包了

Whose ass are we gonna kick now?

现在轮到那个倒霉鬼了

Actually, an old classmate of mine.

其实是个我原来的同学

Let me guess...

我猜是...

Daniel Hardman.

丹尼尔·哈德曼

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sssx/sssx2/490043.html