美国语文第六册 第237期:伊万杰琳眼中的教堂景象(4)(在线收听

Is this the fruit of my toils, of my vigils and prayers and privations?

难道这就是我辛劳、夜夜不眠,倾听祈祷和甘于贫困的结果吗?

Have you so soon forgotten all the lessons of love and forgiveness?

你们这么快就忘记了所有爱和宽恕的教训了吗?

This is the house of the prince of Peace, and would you profane it, thus with violent deeds and hearts overflowing with hatred?

这是和平王子的宫殿,难道你们非要用暴力行为和仇恨的心来玷污它吗?

Lo! where the crucified christ from his cross is gazing upon you!

看啊!十字架上受难的基督正看着你们呢!

See! in those sorrowful eyes what meekness and holy compassion!

瞧啊!那些悲哀的目光中闪烁着温顺和神圣的激情!

Hark! how those lips still repeat the prayer, ‘O Father, forgive them!’

听啊!那些人的嘴唇怎样默祷“主啊,饶恕他们吧!”

Let us repeat that prayer in the hour when the wicked assail us, let us repeat it now, and say, ‘O Father, forgive them.’"

让我们在邪恶困扰我们的时刻重复那句祈祷吧,让我们现在就重复,念,‘主啊,饶恕他们吧。’”

Few were his words of rebuke, but deep in the hearts of his people sank they,

他申斥的话语寥寥,但沉入人们心底,

and sobs of contrition succeeded the passionate outbreak, while they repeated his prayer, and said, "O Father, forgive them!"

在他们重复他的祈祷,念,“主啊,饶恕他们吧!”时,痛悔的啜泣取代了激情爆发。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d6c/492646.html