VOA常速英语2019--《星球大战》的天行者传奇是粉丝们一生的旅程(在线收听

Skywalker Saga of 'Star Wars' a Lifelong Journey for Fans

Born exactly one month after its theatrical debut in May of 1977,

在1977年5月首映后一个月出生, 

I grew up on a steady diet of Star Wars films like many other American kids of that era.

和那个时代的许多其他美国孩子一样,我从小就喜欢看星球大战电影。 

Through toys and merchandise, I charted the journey of Luke Skywalker

通过购买玩具和商品,我描绘了卢克·天行者的旅程。 

from desert farm boy to galactic hero,

从沙漠农场男孩到银河英雄, 

one of many storylines that filled my imagination.

是充满了我想象力的许多故事情节之一。 

It’s become this one enormous story and you can take from Italy,the thriller the battle scenes.

它演变成了一个巨大的故事,你可以从意大利,看到惊悚片“战斗场景”。 

You can take from it the affection of the human characters reach out that the love indeed.

你可以从它身上提取出人性的情感,延伸出真爱。 

No Star Wars movies were released from the mid-1980s to the late 1990s,

从20世纪80年代中期到90年代末,没有“星球大战”电影上映, 

depriving me of new space battles or love stories in my teenage years.

在我十几岁的时候,新的太空之战或爱情故事成为空白。 

Undaunted I wrote my own Star Wars screenplays

我毫不畏惧地写了我自己的“星球大战”剧本 

which I sent to the man I admired, creator George Lucas himself.

我把它寄给了我崇拜的人,创作者乔治·卢卡斯本人。 

All were politely returned, unread.

有礼貌地被退回了,没有人读过。 

Even so my love for Star Wars never faded.

即使如此,我对星球大战的爱从未褪色。 

Star Wars to me has been really important in sort of looking beyond

星球大战对我来说是非常重要的 

just a hero and a villain to larger questions of culture and identity.

不只是一个英雄和一个恶棍,更重要的是文化和身份问题。 

Media and cinema studies professor Blair Davis has a simple explanation

媒体和电影研究教授布莱尔戴维斯对人们对“星球大战”的迷恋和热爱 

for people’s fascination with Star Wars and devotion to the franchise.

有一个简单的解释。 

It’s telling us older stories about who we are and

它告诉我们关于我们是谁的老故事, 

why we become the people that we seek to become.

为什么我们成为我们想要成为的人。 

While youthful dreams of collaborating on Star Wars projects never came true,

虽然年轻的梦想在星球大战项目上的合作从未实现, 

they set me on a communications path and are a continuing part of my identity

他们让我走上了一条沟通的道路,是我身份延续的一部分。 

as a fan and a reporter.

我作为粉丝和记者。 

For many of this people just up the starwars constumes,

对于这些穿上星球大战服装的人来说, 

it’s more than just a movie, it’s a way of life.

不仅仅是一部电影,这是一种生活方式。 

You’re certainly not alone in having Star Wars as being so key to who you are,

你并不是唯一一个拥有“星球大战”的人, 

because so many of my students share the same story about

因为我的很多学生都有同样的故事 

what it means to them as fans and then becoming media scholars as well.

这对他们来说意味着他们既是粉丝,又是媒体学者。 

It tells stories that I think are uniquely human, despite all of the aliens on display,

它讲述的故事,我认为是人类独有的,尽管展现的是外星人 

they’re about family, about finding family, losing family

他们是关于家庭,关于寻找家庭,失去家庭 

and about really trying to become the person that you’re meant to be.

努力成为你注定要成为的人。 

Family is central to my Star Wars story today.

家庭是我今天星球大战故事的核心。 

A love of the saga is passed on to my children.

对传奇的热爱传递给了我的孩子们。 

I see their imaginations fueled as mine once was and continues to be.

我看到他们的想象力像我曾经和现在一样被激发。 

It is sort of the end of an era of one part of the saga,

这是传奇的一部分时代的结束, 

but I look forward to the fact that Star Wars will live on hopefully longer than I will,

但我期待着星球大战的故事能比我活得更久, 

And certainly longer than George Lucas.

当然比乔治·卢卡斯还要长。 

Although Lucas turned Star Wars over to Disney in 2012,

虽然卢卡斯在2012年把“星球大战”交给了迪斯尼, 

he is still intimately connected to his creation.

他仍然与他的创作有着密切的联系。 

It’s one of the hottest tickets in town

这是城里最热门的票之一 

and not even the rain will keep these fans away from the trip,

即使下雨也不能影迷远离此行, 

and although he never read my screenplays many years ago,

虽然很多年前他从未读过我的剧本, 

I did have an opportunity to finally speak to him at a London Star Wars film premiere in 2005.

在2005年伦敦星球大战电影首映时,我终于有机会和他说话了。 

What do you want them to take away from the whole saga?

你想让他们从整个传奇中得到什么? 

While ultimately what cause you to turn the dark side and what the consequences are?

最终是什么原因让你改变了阴暗面,后果又是什么呢? 

While the Skywalker saga is ending,fans can take solace,

天行者传奇即将结束的时候,粉丝们可以得到安慰, 

at least three more Star Wars movies are planned for the coming decade.

“星球大战”计划在未来十年至少再上映三部。 

New characters and plot lines sure to emerge.

新的人物和情节线肯定会出现。 

For now I doubt waiting in line with my children to see episode 9, The Rise of Skywalker.

现在,我怀疑是否要和孩子们一起排队看第九集《天行者的崛起》。 

For this very report,will be the end of my continuing Star Wars journey.

这个报道,将结束我持续的星球大战之旅。 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/voastandard/2019/12/492726.html