VOA常速英语2019--孩子们学习编程并编写小游戏(在线收听

My name is Ethan.

我叫伊森。

I’m 10 years old.

我10岁了。

I worked on some robots and a game.

我设计了一些机器人和一个游戏。

It’s kind of difficult.

有点难。

I hope I can make five or to seven games by the end of this week.

我希望这个周末我能打五到七场比赛。

Code Ninjas is a center where children, ages 7 through 14 learn, how to code.

代码忍者是一个7到14岁的孩子学习如何编码的中心。

We want to leverage screen time and make it productive.

我们想利用屏幕时间,让它变得更有效率。

Kids love video games.

孩子们喜欢电子游戏。

That’s why we have built our curriculum around learning how to code.

孩子们喜欢电子游戏。

By building video games, the kids are engaged.

通过制作视频游戏,孩子们很投入。

When they’re engaged and having fun, they’re going to learn.

当他们投入并玩得开心时,他们就会去学习。

We also had a drone station where the drones were being coded,

我们还有一个无人驾驶站,那里的无人驾驶飞机正在编码,

so that they would code the flight path,test it out through the hoops and then adjust as necessary.

所以他们会编码飞行路线,通过圆环测试,然后根据需要调整。

Our Code Sensei’s have a variety of background.

我们的代码老师有各种各样的背景。

The first thing that we look for is that they’re good with children.

我们看重的第一条就是他们和孩子们相处得很好。

It looks awesome.

它看起来太棒了。

My name is Andrea Hatcher.

我叫Andrea Hatcher。

I am a Code Sensei here.

我是这里的代码老师。

It’s a real traffic light.

这是一个真正的红绿灯。

I am a junior at Penn State, studying cybersecurity.

我是宾夕法尼亚州立大学的大三学生,研究网络安全。

There you go.

这是你们要的。

Girls are something in STEM that I’m very,very passionate about, always have been, very passionate about, always have been.

STEM(科学、技术、工程、数学)领域的女孩子是我非常、非常热爱的东西,一直都是。

And the girls, you know, they stay with the boys.

而女孩,你知道,她们和男孩呆在一起。

They love it.

他们喜欢它。

The cyber and technology field is the fastest growing industry in the world.

网络技术领域是世界上发展最快的产业。

The United States is far behind it.

美国远远落在后面。

The earlier you learn,the more time you have to develop and hone-in those skills.

你学得越早,你就有越多的时间来发展和磨练这些技能。

And that this age is when they’re really soaking up information like a sponge.

这个时代是他们像海绵一样吸收信息的时代。

Parents are happy because the kids are happy

父母们都很高兴,因为孩子们都很高兴,

and at the end,they’re able to show Mom and Dad what they built.

最后,他们可以向父母展示他们的成果。

I have an eight-year-old daughter Marion,who has been coming to Code Ninjas for a bit now.

我有一个8岁的女儿Marion,她现在已经加入了Code Ninjas。

Last week, she created a video game where her creative dinosaur would follow the mouse around and catch the mouse.

上周,她创造了一个电子游戏,她的创意恐龙会跟着老鼠转,并抓住老鼠。

So each week she is creating video games on a very small scale that will eventually build to more advanced.

所以每周她都在小范围内创造电子游戏,并最终发展成更高级的游戏。

Coding would be a very useful skill for her to see the back end of the video games that she loves playing,

对她来说,编程是一项非常有用的技能,可以让她看到她喜欢玩的电子游戏的后端,

and help her kind of formulate the necessary skill set to see if that is something that she wants to do.

帮助她形成必要的技能,看看这是否是她想做的事情。

She’s only eight.

她只有8岁。

So, it’s really fun right now

所以,现在真的很有趣。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/voastandard/2019/12/492730.html