老友记精校版第1季 第78期:停电(5)(在线收听

Monica: Anybody hungry? We've got a Klondike … soup.

有人饿了吗?我们有Klondike…汤。

Rachel: I've just never had a relationship with that kind of passion, you know, where you have to have somebody right there in the middle of a theme park.

我从来没有过那种激情似火的感情。你知道的,就是那种你和某人在主题公园中间那样。

Ross: Well, it was the only thing to do there that didn't have a line.

嗯,如果不排队的话,就只能做那个了。

Rachel: Well, see? I mean Barry wouldn't even kiss me on a miniature golf course.

嗯,是吗?Barry甚至在迷你高尔夫球场的时候都不会吻我。

Ross: Come on.

不会吧。

Rachel: No, he said we were holding up the people behind us.

不会,他说我们挡住后面的人了。

Ross: And you didn't marry him because?

那你不和他结婚因为…?

Rachel: I mean, do you think there are people who go through life never having that kind of...

我的意思是,你觉不觉得有的人过完了一辈子,也不会有那种…

Ross: Probably. But you know, I'll tell you something. Passion is way overrated.

也许吧。不过我告诉你,人们对于激情过高估计了。

Rachel: Yeah right.

是啊。

Ross: It is. Eventually, it kind of...burns out. But hopefully, what you're left with is trust and security and...well, in the case of my exwife, lesbianism. So, you know, for all of those people who miss out on that passion thing, there's all that other good stuff.

就是这样。最终激情都会燃烧殆尽。但是希望留给你们的是信任和安全,还有像我前妻这样,女同性恋关系。所以,要知道,对于那些错过了激情…之类的人来说,还会有很多其他美好的东西。

Rachel: OK.

好吧。

Ross: But, um...I don't think that's gonna be you.

不过,嗯…我觉得你不会那样的。

Rachel: You don't.

你不这么认为。

Ross: Uhuh. See, I see.... a big passion in your future.

呃呃,嗯,我看到…你未来会有非常大的激情。

Rachel: Really?

真的吗?

Ross: Em.

真的。

Rachel: You do?

你确定?

Ross: I do.

确定一定以及肯定。

Rachel: Oh Ross, you're so great.

哦,Ross,你太好了。

Joey: never gonna happen.

永远都不会发生的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lyjjjb/lyjjjb1/497181.html