看老友记学英语 他真的是我爸爸吗?(在线收听

GRANDMOTHER: Hi, Phoe.

丫头。

PHOEBE: Hi Gram. Whatcha doin'?

奶奶,你在干嘛?

GRANDMOTHER: Oh, just updating the phonebook.

我在改电话簿。

PHOEBE: Um, gram, um, can I see the pictures of my dad again?

奶奶?我可以再看一次我爸的照片吗?

GRANDMOTHER: Oh. Oh, sure, sure, uh, uh, how come?

当然,当然了,为什么?

PHOEBE: Just, you know, to see... um.

我只是突然想看一看。

GRANDMOTHER: Oh, sure, yeah. This is the one of you father in a meadow, and, uh, helping a little boy fly a kite, and here he is at a graduation. . . another graduation. . . another graduation.

好,来。这是你爸站在草地上的照片。他…帮一个小男孩放风筝。这一张是他的毕业典礼,再一张的毕业典礼。

PHOEBE: OK, is this really my father?

他真的是我爸爸吗?

GRANDMOTHER: Is it really your fa--I can't... well of course it is.

他真的是你爸…?天哪,他当然是。

PHOEBE: OK, I smell smoke. Maybe that's 'cause someone's pants are on fire.

我看这很有问题或许有人在说谎。

PHOEBE: Ya know, in all the years that we have been grandmother and granddaughter, you have never lied to me.

我们两个当祖孙这么多年了……你从没有对我撒过谎。

GRANDMOTHER: Alright, that is not your father, that's just a picture of a guy in a frame.

好吧,他不是你爸爸他只是一个相框里的男人。

PHOEBE: Oh God.

天啊。

GRANDMOTHER: It was your mother's idea. Ya know, she didn't want you to know your real father because it hurt her so much when he left, and, I didn't want to go along with it, but, well then she died and, and it was harder to argue with her. Not impossible, but harder.

那是你妈的主意。她不想让你知道谁是你爸……因为他的离去让你妈很伤心,我本来也不想跟着她骗你,可是她死了那样跟她争辩就太难了,不是不可能,只是更难。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/klyjxyy/498526.html