看绯闻女孩学英语 81(在线收听

 

Blair:Dan. I——I'm Blair Waldorf, Serena's friend.

Dan,你好,我是Blair Waldorf。我是Serena的朋友。

Dan:Oh, hey. Yeah, uh, do you happen to know where she is?

你好,你知道她在哪么?

Blair:As a matter of fact, I do.

事实上,我知道。

Serena:Blair.

Blair。

Dan:Serena, there you are. Uh, where were you?

Serena 你来了,你去了哪?

Blair:She was waiting in a hotel room for my boyfriend.

她在酒店房间里等我男朋友。

Serena:To talk.

找他谈谈。

Nate:About why we weren't talking.

谈为什么我们以后不会跟彼此说话。

Blair:That doesn't sound any smarter the second time.

第二次听这种说法还是觉得很蠢。

Dan:Why weren't you talking?

你们为什么不说话?

Does this have anything to do with why you were waiting for Serena this morning?

所以你今天早上才在等Serena?

Blair:You were what?

你今早去干吗了?

Chuck:And here I thought you were waiting for me.

我还以为你在等我呢。

Dan:Oh, exactly what the situation needs, Chuck.

来的正好,Chuck。

Now what is going on here?

这出什么事了?

Blair:We were just getting into that.

我们正要说呢。

Serena:Blair, please, don't do this.

Blair,请不要这样。

Blair:Sorry.Oh,do you wanna tell him?

对不起,你要自己跟他说吗?

Chuck:I'll tell him.

我告诉他吧。

Nate&Blair:You know?

你知道?

Chuck:I know everything.

我无所不知。

Dan:And apparently I know nothing.

明显,我一无所知。

Serena:Look, Dan, it... it was a long time ago, and I regret it.

Dan,那是很久以前的事,我很后悔。

Chuck:Look, Serena, stop trying to pretend you're a good girl.

Serena,听着,别装好女孩了。

So you slept with your best friend's boyfriend.

你就是跟好朋友的男朋友上床了吗?

I kind of admire you for it.

我还挺佩服你这么做的。

1.Yeah, uh, do you happen to know where she is?

短语点拨:happen to do something的意思是“偶然,恰巧做某事”。例如:

I happen to have the latest population statistics with me.(我手头正好有最新的人口统计资料。)

I happen to be more than usually hard up.(近来正巧手头更紧了。)

2. As a matter of fact, I do.

短语点拨:as a matter of fact是副词性短语,它相当于in fact。例如:

As a matter of fact, I know nothing about this book.(其实我对这本书一无所知。)

As a matter of fact I was worked out.(事实上我已经筋疲力尽了。)

3.She was waiting in a hotel room for my boyfriend.

短语点拨:wait for意思是“等待”。例如:

He made us wait for a whole day. It was too much.(他让我们足足等了整整一天,太过分了。)

Don't wait for us to join you at the table,just dive in. (不要等我们和你们一起吃饭:你只管快些吃吧。

4.That doesn't sound any smarter the second time.

短语点拨:the second time意思是“第二次”,它独立做时间状语。例如:

This is the second time you have pretended to dismiss me.(这是你第二回假模假样地要解雇我了。)

She read the letter more carefully the second time. (她第二次看信时更仔细了。)

5.Does this have anything to do with why you were waiting for Serena this morning?

短语点拨:have something to do with的意思是“与......有关”,介词with的后面可以接事件或者是人,可以接名词或代词或者是宾语从句。这个句子中with后面接的是宾语从句:why you were waiting for Serena this morning。例如:

I suppose my resignation may have had something to do with it.(我想,我的辞职也许与这事有些关系。)

Don't you figure out that I might have had something to do with it?(你不以为这事与我有关吗?)

6.Now what is going on here?

短语点拨:go on是个固定短语,有很多意思,在这里的意思是“进行,发生”,相当于“happen”。例如:

While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.(该谈话进行时,我在聚精会神地听。)

7.We were just getting into that.

短语点拨:get into是一个固定短语,它可以表示“进入(某个地方)”,但是在这里的意思是“进入(某个话题)”。

8.I kind of admire you for it.

短语结构点拨:admire somebody for something意思是“因......而羡慕......”,介词for在这里表示原因。例如:

We admire them for their great successes.(我们敬佩他们取得的巨大成就。)

We admire her for her diplomatic tact.(我们佩服她的外交手腕。)

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/502749.html