《姐姐的守护者》精讲 15(在线收听

GLORIA: Your 1 1: OO appointment is here.

你十一点约的人来了

l don't have an 1 1: OO. GLORIA: Wait. you can't go in there.

我没约人 - 等等,你不能进来

Mr. Alexander l'm Sara Fitzgerald. Anna's mother.

Alexander先生,我是Sara Fitzgerald,Anna的妈妈

Get your hands off me.

把你的手拿开

lt's okay. Gloria. - Are you sure? l don't mind calling security.

好了,Gloria 您确定吗?我不介意叫保安

CAMPBELL: No. no. Thank you.

不,不,多谢

What can l do for you. Mrs. Fitzgerald?

我能为你做什么,Fitzgerald夫人?

The legal age for emancipation of a minor is 14 in the state of California.

加利福尼亚州未成年人脱离监护的法定年龄是十四岁

lt's the law. you might want to check it. Anna's 1 1. you're three years early.

这是条文,你可以自己看一下 Anna十一岁,你早了三年

l'm aware. she's challenging. - She can't.

我很清楚,她面临挑战 - 她不能

She's too young to stand. - l'm filing for her as guardian ad litem.

她现在过于年轻 - 我正在申请成为她的诉讼监护人

As what? A family independence agency?

什么样的,一个独立的家庭代理?

l have 1 5 years as a volunteer member of the ACLU...

我已经为美国公民自由协会义务工作了十五年

in addition to which l have this power of attorney signed by your daughter.

而且我还有由你女儿签字认证过的授权书

This will never hold up. It's not even legal.

这不可能成立,这甚至都不合法

Anna doesn't want to do it anymore. And 1 1 years old or not. she has rights.

Anna不愿意接着做了,不管她是不是十一岁,她都有权利

And so long as she wants to move forward. l am going to help her.

只要她愿意继续,我都会帮她

Why? What's your interest? This isn't a case for you.

为什么,你感兴趣的是什么?这与你无关

There's no money. - What's my interest?

你赚不到钱 - 我感兴趣的东西?

Eight hospitalizations in 1 1 years...

十一年里8次治疗

six catheterizations. two bone-marrow aspirations...

六次导管插入术,两次骨髓移植

two stem-cell purges. - She was helping her sister.

两次干细胞清洗 - 她在帮她姐姐

Not to mention the side effects. including bleeding. infections. bruising.

即使不提诸如出血,感染,挫伤

Filgrastim shots. Those are growth hormones. am l correct?

赛强过敏之类的副作用 这是生长激素,对吧?

Something like that. - Drugs for nausea. opiates for pain...

差不多吧 - 呕吐药,止痛片

Ambien for sleep. Not exactly the proper medication for a preteen.

唑吡坦(安眠药),这些可不是十一岁孩子该用的药

Every procedure had its risks and complications.

每个步骤都有风险和并发症

Anna understood that. she was okay with it.

Anna知道,她也赞同

Really? - Yeah.

是吗? - 是的

At 5 years old.

五岁的时候

Oh. my God. you're good. You're really good.

哦,老天啊,你很不错,相当优秀

You know. l've seen your commercials. right? l mean. who hasn't?

你知道,我看过你的广告,是吧,谁没有呢?

l always thought you were some headline-seeking hack...

我一直以为你是一个只会制造噱头的无能之辈

but you have real talent.

但是你是个真正的人才

You almost had me believing that you cared about Anna.

你差不多让我相信你关心Anna

Funny. l was about to say the same thing to you.

稀奇啊,我正准备对你说这话呢

Mrs. Fitzgerald. did you ever say to yourself:

Fitzgerald夫人,你是否扪心自问过

'Maybe l'm wrong. maybe l took it a little too far?'

或许我错了,或许我陷的太深了?

l'll see you in court.

法庭上见

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jjdshzjj/505226.html