《一呼一吸》精讲 05(在线收听

You need faith to survive out here.

在这里 要靠信仰才能生存下去

Oh, how can you say that, Don?

唐 你怎么能这么说呢

And you a doctor.

你还是个医生

Well, I believe in the power of the mind.

我相信意念的力量

Did you hear about the prisoners on Kome Island?

你们听说过科梅岛上囚犯的事吗

During the Mau Mau rebellion?

矛矛党叛乱时的事

There were 60 of them, all crammed into a small tin hut.

他们有六十个人 全被关在一个铁皮小屋里

Prison officer wouldn't let them out.

监狱长不放他们出来

Mau Mau leader said, "Very well,

矛矛党领袖说 "那好吧

I give my men permission to die."

我批准我的党人去死"

Next morning, all 60 were dead.

第二天早上 六十个人全都死了

How?

怎么会呢

Mind power.

意念力

They chose to die.

他们选择了死亡

They turned their faces to the wall and died.

他们转过脸对着墙 然后就死了

Well, I think I would have chosen to live.

要是我的话 会选择活下去

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yhyxjj/511520.html