《跟踪者》精讲 06(在线收听

This was uploaded on the University's student web site. You familiar with this video?

这段视频被上传到了学校的学生官网上。你知道这段视频吗?

Yeah. I've seen it. Who hasn't? But I didn't film it, and I didn't post it online.

我看过了,谁没看过呢?但不是我拍的,也不是我发到网上的。

Do I have to answer these questions again? I've been discharged. I'd like to get to class.

这些问题我得回答多少次?我可以出院了,我想回去上课。

Please, Perry. Detective Davis is here as a favor to me. We'll be quick.

拜托,佩里,戴维斯警探来这里是帮我的忙。会很快结束的。

Guy in the video-Eric Bates...He says you filmed this on your laptop over a year ago when you two were roommates.

里面的男生,埃里克·贝茨他说这是你一年前用笔记本拍的,当时你们是室友。

No. No. He's just claiming that because it's the best story he can come up with to save his ass.

不,他之所以这样说是因为他只想出来这一个挽救面子的说法。

He doesn't want to admit that he showed his little sex tape to all his buddies and then they shared it with the internet.

他不想承认他把性爱录像给所有朋友看过,结果被人发到网上去了。

You lived together freshman year, and then he moved outin the second semester. Why?

大一的时候你们住在一起,第二个学期他就搬走了,为什么?

I don't know. He got weird. Freshman stress, was partying a lot.

我不知道,他举止越来越奇怪。大一新生总有压力,他总去聚会。

His mood swings were insane. I'm not gonna press charges, ok? But guy needs to chill out.

他的情绪波动很大。我不会正式起诉,好吗?只是他需要冷静冷静。

Why won't you press charges?

你为什么不起诉?

Everybody makes mistakes. Eric has problems, but he's a good guy. I want to give him a second chance.

每个人都会犯错。埃里克是有问题,但他是个好人。我想再给他一次机会。

He's lying. The guy's a pathological liar. I know I shouldn't have roughed him up.

他在说谎。他是个病态的撒谎者。我知道我不该对他动粗的。

You did more than that. You put him in the hospital with a concussion.

你做的可不只是动粗。你把他打到脑震荡住院了。

And I'm sorry about that, but the guy's been trouble ever since I was roommates with him.

我很抱歉,但自从我和他做室友开始就一直麻烦不断。

He claims that you made the video yourself and showed it to your friends.

他说那个视频是你自己拍好然后再给朋友们看的。

He left his laptop on and recorded me and Christie. I would never film a sex tape.

他留下他的电脑把我和克里斯蒂偷拍下来。我自己绝不会拍性爱录像的。

You were roommates with him freshman year. Why'd you move out?

你和他在大一时是室友。你为什么会搬出去?

It got too much. At first, he was cool, a little nerdy. He comes from a good family.

太多原因了。最开始他还好,有点书呆子的感觉。家庭环境优渥。

Then stuff started happening, little things that you can't prove. Just got weird. I can't explain it.

之后各种事情开始发生,都是你无法证明的细枝末节的事情。但就是很奇怪。我无法解释。

You'd catch him in a small lie, he wouldn't give you messages from your friends, things like that?

你能发现他撒小谎,他不会帮朋友把口信传达给你,是像这样的事情吗

Yeah.

对。

Neither boy is gay, there are no sexual undertones here. Isn't that unusual?

两个人都不是同性恋,这个案件中不存在隐含的性关系。这很不寻常吗?

Well, there's more to stalking than just romantic obsession. Perry's fixated on Eric, hero worship, idolization.

跟踪不仅仅是因为爱情上的痴迷。佩里对埃里克念念不忘,英雄崇拜,将他偶像化。

But Perry's the victim.

但佩里才是受害者。

Of the attack, but he's lying about the rest. Did Perry lose a parent or a sibling at a young age?

他是被打了,但其他事情上他都撒了谎。佩里小时候失去过父母或兄弟姐妹吗?

His mother when he was 4. How did you know that?

他四岁时母亲离开了。你怎么知道的?

Well, loss and rejection become his comfort zone.

失去和拒绝是他的舒适区。

His ex-roommate rejects him, and so he seeks it out.

前室友的拒绝导致他的穷追不舍。

I'm more concerned about what Eric said about Perry's behavior.

我更担心埃里克说的关于佩里的各种行为。

That's campus police jurisdiction. I can't intervene unless you invite me in.

那是校警管辖范围。如果你不正式要求我是无法介入的。

I appreciate the assessment, but we're gonna keep this in house for the moment. Perry's family are important alumni.

感谢你的评估,但我们现在不准备公开此事。佩里的家人是重要的校友。

You'll call me if something occurs.

发生事情就叫我。

Of course. Thanks for the help, Beth.

当然,谢谢你的帮助,贝丝。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzzjj/511600.html