《一呼一吸》精讲 32(在线收听

Did you give permission for

你让这种怪异装置进到我的病房

this contraption to be brought into my ward?

经过我的允许了吗

Well, actually, sir, Mr. Cavend...

医生 实际上...

It's hard enough for our patients

我们的病人光是接受

to accept the conditions of their lives

自己的身体状况就已经很艰难了

without raising false hopes

为什么还要燃起错误的希望

that can only leave them more dissatisfied.

这只会让他们更加不满

Now, where you come from,

在你的家乡

it may be common practice to play games with people's lives.

人们可能习惯了拿生命开玩笑

Here it is not.

但在这里不行

Is that understood?

明白吗

It was lovely to see you, Dr. Entwistle.

很高兴见到你 恩特威斯尔医生

Oh... That man's a pompous idiot.

真是个自以为是的笨蛋

You must want to smack him.

你肯定很想揍他

Believe me, I'm used to it.

相信我 我已经习惯了

You'd think he'd want to

你不会觉得 他也想

get chairs like this for all his patients.

给他的病人都配这种椅子吗

Well, Paddy, looks like you owe me a fiver.

派迪 看来你要欠我五块钱了

Not so quick, pal.

话别说这么早 兄弟

You could drop off your perch tomorrow.

说不定你明天就摔下来了

Is it safe, Doctor?

这个安全吗 医生

I don't know, Paddy.

我也不太清楚 派迪

I've never seen anything like this before.

我从未见过这样的东西

Goes five miles an hour

就算在强风中逆行

with a strong wind behind you.

一小时也能走五英里

I'd advise waiting a little while longer. Test its limits.

我建议再观察一段时间 做些实验

Yes, quite right. Let me find the breaking point for it.

好啊 让我来测试一下这玩意的极限

No, we're not going to test Robin until he breaks.

不行 我们不能拿罗宾做实验

Well, actually, that's exactly what we're doing.

实际上 我们现在不就是在实验吗

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yhyxjj/511971.html