《新福尔摩斯》精讲 73(在线收听

He's dead about 24 hours.Maybe a bit longer.

死了已有24小时 或许更长

Did he drown?

是淹死的吗

Apparently not. Not enough of the Thames in his lungs, asphyxiated.

显然不是 其肺部并没有太多泰晤士河水 死因是窒息

Yes, I'd agree.

没错 我同意

There's quite a bit of bruising around the nose and mouth.

鼻子和唇部四周有多处擦伤

More bruises...here and here.

这里和那里 伤痕累累

Fingertips.

是指印

He's late 30s, I'd say, not in the best condition.

他快40岁了 只能说身体状况不佳

He's been in the river a long while,the water's destroyed most of the data.

他在河里泡得太久了 河水破坏了大量证据

But I'll tell you one thing, that lost Vermeer painting's a fake.

但我敢肯定 那幅失落的维米尔油画是赝品

What? We need to identify the corpse,find out about his friends and...

什么 我们要确认尸体的身份 找出他的朋友和...

Wait, wait, wait, wait. What painting? What are you on about?

别一口气说完 什么油画 你在说什么

It's all over the place, haven't you seen the posters?

宣传铺天盖地 你都没看到海报吗

Dutch old master, supposed to have been destroyed centuries ago.

荷兰绘画大师 其作早于数百年前就被毁了

Now it's turned up, worth £30 million.

现在却被找到 价值三千万英镑

OK, so what has that got to do with the stiff?

好吧 那又与这具尸体何干呢

Everything.Have you ever heard of the Golem?

千丝万缕 你听说过格木吗

Golem?

什么格木

It's a horror story, isn't it? What are you saying?

那是一则恐怖故事吧 你解释一下好吧

Jewish folk story, a gigantic man made of clay,it's also the name of an assassin.

它是指犹太民间故事中由粘土制成的巨人 同时还是一名刺客的名字

Real name—Oskar Dzundza.One of the deadliest assassins in the world.

真名叫奥斯卡·真达 世上最致命的刺客之一

That is his trademark style.

那是他的标志性手法

So this is a hit?

所以这是谋杀吗

Definitely.The Golem squeezes the life out of his victims with his bare hands.

完全正确 格木总是赤手空拳地把目标掐死

But what has this got to do with that painting? I don't see...

我还是没看出来这和那幅画之间有何联系

You do see, you just don't observe!

你只是在看 却没有观察

Yes, all right, all right, girls! Calm down.

好了好了 女士们 都冷静下来

Sherlock, do you want to take us through it?

夏洛克 愿意跟我们解释一下吗

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xfemsjj/513634.html