读者文摘:我在新兵训练营学到的经验(2)(在线收听

2. Give 100 percent and 10 percent effort all the time. Everyone and anyone can give 100 percent. More effort means more stripes.

2、付出110%的努力,每个人都可以付出100%的努力,更多的努力意味着得到的条形徽会更多。

3. If things go wrong, reflect on the lesson taught, then move on. In the words of Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, "Lick 'em tomorrow."

3、如果出了差错,吸取教训,然后继续前进,用尤利西斯·格兰特将军的话来说,“明天就把他们打倒。”

4. Stand straight, but don't lock your knees in long formations. You'll pass out if you do.

4、站直,但不要让膝盖过于紧绷,这样,你会昏倒的。

Civilian application: Sit up straight in staff meetings so you'll doze off less easily, but also remember to be flexible.

供民用参考:在员工会议上坐直,这样你就不会那么容易打瞌睡,但也要记住要灵活。

5. Smile even when it sucks. The drill sergeants will think you are crazy but tough. They like that.

5、即使情况很糟糕也要微笑。教官会认为你疯了但会觉得你不屈不挠,他们喜欢这样的人。

6. Never criticize the president (who is in your chain of command) or your boss.

6、永远不要批评总统(你的上司)或你的老板。

And never talk politics. Nobody cares what you think. Save your viewpoints for close friends only.

永远不要谈论政治。没有人在乎你的想法,把观点只留给亲密的朋友。

7. Appearance is key to success. Press uniforms, shine shoes, and keep your hair neat and short.

7、外表是成功的关键。熨制服,擦亮鞋子,保持头发整洁,剪短发。

Look better than the average, and you'll be treated better than the average.

看起来比一般人好,你就会得到比一般人更好的待遇。

Bosses will take notice.

老板们会注意到你。

8. When you are tired and frustrated, keep telling yourself, "I can do anything for six weeks."

8、当你感到疲倦沮丧时,不断地对自己说:“我可以在六个星期内做任何事情。”

9. Always volunteer. They're going to pick you eventually.

9、总是为别人服务,他们最终会选择你。

You may as well seem motivated and helpful.

你似乎也很有动力,乐于助人。

Then, if there is something you truly do not want to do, you can choose not to volunteer.

如果你真的不想做某事,你可以选择不做志愿者。

They probably won't pick you, since you are always volunteering on your own.

他们可能不会选择你,因为你总是自己做决定。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/513796.html