《新福尔摩斯》精讲 150(在线收听

Mr Crayhill, can wen have your first witness?

请把第一位证人传上法庭。

Your honour, we’re not calling any witnesses.

法官大人,我们没有证人。

I don’t follow. You’ve entered a plea of not guilty.

我不懂。你们不是辩方么?

Nevertheless,my client is offering no evidence. The defence rests.

可我的当事人并未提供任何证据。被告陈述完毕。

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, James Moriarty stands accused of several counts of attempted burglary.

陪审团的各位,莫里亚蒂被控告和多起盗窃未遂案有关,

Crimes which, if he’s found guilty will elicit a very long custodial sentence,

若他罪名成立将被监禁多年,

and yet, his legal team has chosen to offer no evidence whatsoever to support their plea.

而他的法律团队却不提供任何证据来为他进行辩护。

I find myself in the unusual position of recommending a verdict wholeheartedly,

这不寻常,但出于公正,我给陪审团一个裁决建议

you must find him guilty. guilty.

你们必须判他有罪。

you must find him guilty.

你们必须判他有罪。

They’re coming back. - That’s six minutes.

开庭了。 - 才过了六分钟。

Surprised it took them that long, to be honest. There’s queue for the loo.

说实话,居然用了这么久。厕所排队的人真多。

Have you reached a verdict on which you all agree?

请陪审团宣布你们一致通过的裁决。

Not guilty, they found him not guilty. No defence and Moriarty’s walked free.

罪名不成立!他们居然判他无罪!没有辩护,莫里亚蒂无罪释放。

Sherlock? Are you listening? He’s out, you know he’ll be coming after you. Sherl…

夏洛克?你在听吗?他出来了。你知道他会找上你的,夏……

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xfemsjj/515343.html