《新闻编辑室》精讲 第一季 第6集 核事故等级评定事件(在线收听

$223 billion putting an edge on the current fight on Capitol Hill

2230亿元赤字,加剧国会内部...

about how deeply to cut this year's spending

关于今年削减财政支出力度的争议

along with projections that it would bring the debt ceiling... excuse me...

同时预测,此举将使债务上限...抱歉

the deficit to 1.6 trillion

赤字达到1.6万亿

ensuring that the debt ceiling will be hit during this fiscal year.

确信将于本财政年度内,达到债务上限

That's "News Night."

《晚间新闻》到此结束

Thanks for washing us... watching us. Let me get out of here.

感谢收刊...收看,播报结束

Will McAvoy is coming up

接下来由威尔·麦卡沃伊

with the "Capitol Report" From Washington.

从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》

I'm Terry... no.Wow.

我是泰利,不对,哇哦

That's not true. End the broadcast.

不对,说结束语,

I'm Will McAvoy. Attaboy.

我是威尔·麦卡沃伊,乖孩子

Terry Smith is coming up mercifully

接下来由泰利·史密斯

with the "Capitol Report" From Washington.

从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》

Good night.

晚安

What is wrong with you? I'm fine.

你没毛病吧,我没事,

"Thank you for washing us"? Think people noticed?

"感谢收刊"有人发觉吗,

I do. Stand here on this spot.

会,站到这里来

What are you doing? Administering an eye exam.

干什么,给你测一下视力,

Excellent. Read the top line.

太棒了,第一行是什么,

E. Next line.

E,下一行,

I don't know why people think

真不明白,怎么会有人觉得

there's a problem with health care in this country.

现行的医保制度有问题

Our current system is fine. Next line.

这样不是挺好的嘛,下一行,

L, G,the next line R T Z.

L G,下一行,R T Z.

The Greek letter for pi

希腊字母π

the geometric symbol for congruent

几何学里的"全等"符号

and something off the table of natural elements.

还有某种化学元素符号

Great put your tie back on and get in the studio

很好,戴上领带,回到演播室去

so we can retape that for the West Coast.

给西海岸的观众重录一个结尾

What's the problem?

怎么了

I didn't get much sleep last night.

我昨晚没睡好

How much is not much? None.

怎么个没睡好,一点没睡,

Seriously? I went to bed at midnight didn't fall asleep.

真的吗,我半夜躺下来,一直没睡着,

Is this the first time that's happened?

这是你第一次失眠吗

No. Is it the second time?

不是,第二次吗,

I'm having a little bout with insomnia.

我失眠有一阵子了

Have you tried Ambien?

吃过安眠药了吗

I don't want to wake up in the middle of the Triborough Bridge

我可不想一觉醒来发现自己在三区大桥上,连接纽约市内三个区的一座大桥

eating scrambled eggs in my pajamas.

穿着睡衣吃炒鸡蛋

How those eggs got into my pajamas I'll never know.

鸡蛋怎么跑进我睡衣里了呀

You shouldn't do Groucho.

不要模仿格劳乔(格劳乔·马克思:美国早期着名喜剧演员,原句为"大象怎么跑进我睡衣里了")

Seriously you need to sleep

你真得好好睡觉

or you're gonna forget to thank people for washing us.

否则会忘记感谢观众的"收刊"

I'm seeing my guy tomorrow at 10:00.

我明天10点去看我的心理医生

Who's your guy? Abe.

你的心理医生是谁,亚伯,

Who's Abe? Dr. Habib.

亚伯是谁,哈比卜医生,

You're still seeing Abe? That's wonderful Will.

你还去亚伯那儿,太好了,威尔

Everyone could use a little therapy.

人人都需要咨询

And you a lot more than most. I'm glad you're doing that.

尤其是你,你这么做我很开心

Well...You've been skipping appointments?

我...你没按时去见他,

Sometimes. When was the last time you saw him?

有那么几次,你上次见他是什么时候,

What's today the 12th? Yeah.

今天是12号吗,对,

About four years ago. Why did you stop seeing him?

四年前,你为什么不去见他,

I've kept the appointments. What does that mean?

我一直按时预约,什么意思

I've had an appointment every Wednesday at 10:00. I just don't go.

我每周三10点都有预约,就是不去罢了

You've been paying him for four years?

四年来,你一直白付他钱吗

Don't be ridiculous. Thank God.

开什么玩笑,谢天谢地,

I have a business manager who does that.

我的财务给他付的钱

Why don't you read a magazine?

你读本杂志吧

No I've already read that issue of "Cat Fancy" cover to cover

不了,那期《爱猫》我已经从头到尾看过了

and I'm saving "American Stamp Collector" for a long plane ride.

《美国集邮者》我要留到长途飞机里再读

All right.

好吧

Why not just go to your regular doctor?

你为什么不去你平时看的医生那里

When I go to my internist he asks me questions.

我去看我的内科医生时,他总会问东问西

It's a halfhour interview before he puts on a stethoscope.

先聊上半小时之后,才把听诊器戴上

What kinds of questions? I don't know.

他问些什么,我不知道,

How you feeling? Asshole.

你感觉怎样,真混蛋,

Here read "Vegan Health."

给,读读《素食健康》

Will? Yeah.

威尔吗,是我,

I'm Jack Habib. Come on in.

我叫杰克·哈比卜,进来吧

Are you Abe's son?

你是亚伯的儿子

I am. Nice to meet you.

是的,幸会,

You too. Come on in. Is your dad inside?

幸会,请进,你爸在里面吗,

No.

不在

I can wait out here.

我可以在外面等

My father died two years ago

我父亲两年前去世了

and I took his practice. Come on in.

我接替了他,请进吧

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

我很遗憾

Wait what?

慢着,什么

Will I'm Dr. Jacob Habib

威尔,我是雅各布·哈比卜医生

son of Dr. Abraham Habib.

亚伯拉罕·哈比卜医生的儿子

My father passed away and his patients now see me.

我父亲去世后,他的病人归我看了

You've been paying me for two years.

你付了我两年报酬了

Come on in.

进来吧

How old are you?

你多大了

I'm 29.

29

Shut up.

闭嘴

Can you write prescriptions? Yeah. Let's go.

你能开处方吗,能,来吧,

I'll be two minutes. All right.

等我两分钟,好吧,

So if you're 29...

你才29岁

Don't try to count backwards. I did everything early.

别往回算年龄了,我上学比别人早

So unless you're certain you've got a Doogie Howser joke I haven't heard

所有的《天才小医生》笑话我都听过了

why don't we just assume it was hilarious and move on?

不如我们假装很搞笑,然后谈正事吧

Okay. So what's going on?

好吧,说说怎么回事吧,

I need something to help me sleep.

我需要点帮助睡眠的药

Why? I can't sleep.

为什么,我睡不着,

Why? I don't know.

为什么,不知道,

Any recent change in diet?

饮食上最近有变化吗

I haven't changed my diet since college.

从大学起饮食就没变过

You should. I invented a new sandwich.

该变一变,我发明了一种新式三明治,

Scrambled eggs bacon and melted cheese on toast.

吐司上放炒鸡蛋,培根,融化的奶酪

I make two of them every night before I get into bed.

我每晚睡前做两个

You invented an Egg McMuffin.

你发明了"麦满分"

Getting enough exercise? I have to scramble the eggs.

有足够的运动吗,有炒鸡蛋,

And other than that? No.

除了这个呢,没了,

Look any kind of sleeping pill will do.

随便开个安眠药就行了

Sure. Just talk a little bit?

行,先聊一聊吧

Oh God please let's not.

天,拜托,别了

You're still taking Effexor? No.

你还在用文拉法辛吗,不用了

Clonazepam? No.

氯硝西泮(镇静催眠药)呢,不用了

Ativan? No.

劳拉西泮( 镇静催眠药)呢,不用了

Four years ago you were on 135mg of Effexor

四年前,你睡前需要135毫克的文拉法辛

plus Clonazepam and Ativan at bedtime.

外加氯硝西泮和劳拉西泮

I'm not anymore.

现在不用了

Why is that? I was cured.

为什么呢,我好了啊,

These are all antianxiety medications.

这些都是抗焦虑药物

And I have no more anxiety.

我现在不焦虑了

Except for not being able to sleep.

除了睡不着

Right so if you'll just give me a prescription for...

对啊,你只需给我开个处方

Yeah I'm going to.

我会开的

Just a few more questions. Okay.

再问几个问题,好吧,

Any extra stress at work?

工作上有什么额外压力吗

Extra stress?

额外压力

Yeah. No.

对,没有,

No extra stress? No.

没有额外压力吗,没有,

One more question. Sure.

再问一句,行

What are you fucking around with me for?

你他妈跟我兜什么圈子

I'm sorry?

什么

What are you fucking around with me for?

你他妈跟我兜什么圈子

I just asked if there's any extra stress at work...

我问你,工作上有没有额外压力

There isn't.

没有

There isn't.

没有啊

What about the death threat?

恐吓信呢

You know about that?

你也知道

Anyone who reads a newspaper knows about that.

看报的人都知道

It's truly not a big deal. No?

没什么大不了的,是吗,

Jack can I get the prescription?

杰克,可以开处方了吗

Just tell me how a death threat isn't a big deal.

跟我说说恐吓信怎么就没什么大不了

I used to be a criminal prosecutor.

我以前做过刑事检察官

And I'm telling you nobody who's serious about killing you

要是有人真想杀你

sends you a note beforehand to warn you.

就不会事先给你警告

The gentleman who is with you in the waiting room he's a bodyguard right?

跟你一起坐着等的那人,是保镖吧

Yeah but you shouldn't... that's the...

是,但你别...那是...

our insurance company makes that decision.

是保险公司的决定

Based on what?

有什么根据呢

They have experts who determine whether a cret is threadible...

他们有专家判别,可信是否威胁...

threat is credible.

威胁是否可信

And why do they think the threat is credible?

他们为何认为,这次威胁可信呢

Nine questions ago you said one more question.

九个问题了,你说"再问一句"

Why do they think the threat is credible?

他们为何认为,这次威胁可信呢

Because I changed the rules of the comment section of our website.

因为我改了网站评论栏的规则

That's all. I changed the rules of the comment section.

仅此而已,我改了网站评论栏的规则

As always or at least since Monday

一直以来,至少是本周一以来

we end our show with your own viewer comments on our website.

我们在节目最后,会读几条网友评论

So let's see what we have tonight.

来看看今晚有哪些

LollypopLollypop says "30 more seconds

棒棒糖棒棒糖说"再多30秒

and you would have had that selfloathing hypocrite in tears."

你就能把那个厌恶自己的伪君子弄哭了"

That... that was absolutely not my intention.

那完全不是我的本意

SurrendrDorothee said "Your Log Cabin closet case

投降吧多萝西说"这个躲着不出柜的家伙

hit the Uncle Tom Daily Double...

简直是汤姆叔叔的翻版

a traitor to his race and a traitor to his sexual orientation."

他背叛了自己的肤色和性取向"

Don't blow a gasket.

压住火

He's plainly not a closet case. He's openly gay.

他没有躲,他公开承认自己是同性恋

I also think he showed a lot of courage coming on the show.

我还认为,他来参加节目很有勇气

Certainly more courage than it takes to post an anonymous comment on a website.

肯定比某些匿名发言的家伙有勇气

Terry Smith's coming up from Washington

接下来由泰利·史密斯

with the "Capitol Report."

从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》

I'm Will McAvoy. Good night.

我是威尔·麦卡沃伊,晚安

We're out.

直播结束

Neal! Believe me those were the best two we had.

尼尔,相信我,那两条已经是最好的了,

Why didn't we just hit him in the head with a shovel?

我们干脆一铲子把他打死算了

We've got to talk about what just happened. I'm trying to.

我们得谈谈刚才的事,我谈着呢,

Not the website.

不是网站评论

We've got to talk about what happened on the air.

我们得谈谈你直播发火的事

I don't want to talk about it. Were you outside your body?

我不想谈,你脑袋短路了吗,

I don't want to talk about it. I want to talk about the website.

我不想谈,我要谈网站评论

The website's not the problem right now.

网站不是问题

It's my problem right now. We're putting up these comments...

我觉得是问题,我们居然把这种评论...

We've heard this before. But we're still doing it.

又不是第一次,但我们居然还在做,

It's a trade with Reese. The page views offset the ratings drop.

这是和里斯的交易,用网页浏览量抵收视率

Is there any way of knowing if LollypopLollypop

有没有办法能知道棒棒糖棒棒糖

is 10 years old? Or a basset hound?

是不是才10岁,或者压根是条巴吉度猎犬

The reason basset hounds have such long ears

巴吉度猎犬耳朵长是因为

is so they can waft up the scent when they're hunting.

能在狩猎时,捕捉猎物气味

Is there any way of knowing? No.

有没有办法知道,没有

Is there any way of knowing if LollypopLollypop

那能不能搞清棒棒糖棒棒糖

and SurrendrDorothee are the same person? No.

和投降吧多萝西是否同一人,不能

Who posts comments on the Internet more

哪种人喜欢在网上评论

people who are content or people who are incontent? Discontent.

是满意的还是非满的,不满,

What? It's discontent not incontent.

什么,是不满,不是非满,

It's about 301 incontent. Discontent.

非满的30比1不满,

Final question: in your wildest dreams

最后一个问题,哪怕是在梦里

can you imagine Walter Cronkite saying LollypopLollypop

你能想象,沃尔特·克朗凯特(冷战时期美国最富盛名的电视新闻节目主持人,被称为最可信任的美国人)

as many times as I have in the last 10 minutes?

像我那样,说那么多遍棒棒糖吗

Not unless he was in an a cappella doowop group no.

除非他是无伴奏蓝调合唱团成员

He wasn't. Here's what I'd love.

他不是,我想这么做

You want to join the discussion fine.

你想参加讨论,行

I want to know your name age occupation

但我要知道你的姓名,年龄,职业

and level of education. Oh God.

还有教育程度,天啊

The thing about the Internet is it's a populist tool.

可是,网络是民粹主义的工具(民粹是一种人民不满现状的意识形态,宁愿要人民相信自己,也不愿相信制度)

Populists have names too.

民粹主义者也有名字

Will. Unless you're Deep Throat

威尔,除非你是"深喉" (深喉:水门事件中透露幕后信息的秘密线人)

or in the Witness Protection Program anonymity is cowardice.

或身处证人保护项目,不然匿名就是懦夫

You're in a mob. You're lobbing smack from the cheap seats.

躲在人群中,仗势欺人

Don't we have bigger fish to fry than the...

我们还有更重要的事要办

Yes but we can fry more than one fish at a time.

没错,但我们可以几件事同时办

And how could we possibly verify someone's name

况且,我们怎么去核实一个人的姓名

age occupation and level of education? Neal?

年龄,职业和教育程度,尼尔,

We implement a thirdparty verification service.

使用第三方认证工具

All you had to say was "We can't"

你只用说一句,"不能"

and the conversation would have been over. So it is possible?

这段对话就能结束了,真的可行吗,

It's what the IRS uses when you're filing online.

你上网填税单时,税务局就用这个

Talk to me Tonto.

给我说说,通托

We can do it if you want. Oh I want.

你若想要,我可以加上,太想要了,

Won't the result be that nobody posts comments on our website anymore?

这么做不就没人来评论了吗

First of all oh no. What will we do without feedback from SurrendrDorothee?

首先,天要塌了,投降吧多萝西这种人不来评论了

And second the result will be our website will ghettoize every other website.

其次,结果会是我们网站脱颖而出

The result will be civility in the public square

结果会是公共言论的规范化

and a triumph of populism.

和民粹主义的胜利

I'm going to singlehandedly fix the Internet.

看我单枪匹马,拯救互联网

What could possibly go wrong? Will!

能出什么问题,威尔

What? We have to talk about what just happened.

怎么了,我们得谈谈直播事故

No we don't. We're just gonna move on.

不谈,过去就过去了

And when did you get the death threat?

你何时收到恐吓信的

I don't know. A day after the mosque interview.

不清楚,清真寺采访后一天

We know that an Islamic trend

大家都知道,伊斯兰教有这样的趋向

is to build large mosques on the cherished sites of conquered lands.

在被征服的土地上建立大清真寺

You're talking about Cordoba. That's exactly right.

你是说科尔多瓦,没错,

When Muslims conquered Cordoba Spain

穆斯林征服西班牙科尔多瓦后

they tore down churches and synagogues

随即拆毁基督教堂和犹太教堂

and put mosques in their place.

在原址兴建清真寺

Ms. Greer Muslims conquered Cordoba in the year 712.

葛莉儿女士,穆斯林在公元712年征服了科尔多瓦

Do you think we can call something

发生于8世纪的事件

that last happened in the 8th century a trend?

也可以称为"趋向"吗

She'll say "Why does it have to be at Ground Zero?"

她会问,"非得建在世贸大楼遗址边上吗"

Anyone being honest about the prospect of a mosque

任何人心里都会觉得

being built so close to Ground Zero

在世贸大楼遗址边建清真寺

would say it instinctually feels wrong.

就是感觉不对劲

Is it legal? Of course it is.

合法吗,当然合法

Is it wrong? Of course it is.

合理吗,当然不合理

It should be built somewhere where the 9/11 families

应该建到别处,别往911遇难者家属

don't have to feel the agony of

伤口上撒盐

having a shrine to their loved ones stomped upon.

别把清真寺建在他们亲人的尸体上

All over America we're seeing the influence of creeping Islam.

全国各地都能感受到伊斯兰教扩张的影响

We are?

是吗

What about those who would impose Sharia law?

那些强制实施伊斯兰教教法的人呢

Women can be stoned to death for committing adultery.

通奸的女人会被石块砸死

No they can't.

不会的

Actual laws are the only laws that are enforceable

只有实际的法律才有执行力

including the one that says you can't create religious laws.

包括规定"不得制定宗教法律"的法律

And the US is in no more danger of coming under Sharia law

伊斯兰教法对美国的影响

than it is the rules of "Fight Club."

不会超过《搏击俱乐部》的会员守则(共八条,前两条为:不能谈论搏击俱乐部)

Let me ask you something.

那我倒要问问你

Muslims the world over are fighting a civil war

全世界的穆斯林都在为

over the direction Islam is taking.

伊斯兰教的派系而争斗

Are you going to be stationed at the door of that mosque

你会亲自把守在那座清真寺前

to turn radicals away?

阻止激进派入内吗

Can you guarantee that the current imam

你能保证,现任伊玛目(伊玛目:阿拉伯语中的"领袖")

is going to be the same imam 10 years from now?

十年后还会和现在一样吗

It's worth pointing out that it's not a mosque. It's a community center.

更正一点,这不是清真寺,而是社区中心

I'm not sure why you think that makes it better.

你觉得有什么区别吗

What business does a community center have in the religion business?

社区中心的宗教作用又是什么

And then pivot to the larger point.

然后转去重点话题

I want the art and graphics reviewed three times before air.

开播前,图像和材料都要审核三遍以上

Ms. Greer you mentioned creeping Islam.

葛莉儿女士,您刚才提到伊斯兰教扩张

Are you concerned about creeping Christianity?

你担心基督教的扩张吗

Only that it's not creeping fast enough.

我只担心扩张得太慢

Okay here are some things done on American soil

好,我来列举几条以基督教的名义

in the name of Christianity.

发生在美国国土上的事情

The Ku Klux Klan burned down black churches

三K党,烧毁黑人教堂

raped women murdered civil rights workers murdered children

强奸妇女,谋杀民权工作者,谋杀儿童

and terrorized communities for over a century.

对众多社区实行恐怖统治超过一个世纪

The neoNazis all acted and continue to act

新纳粹分子,曾经,并仍旧

in the name of white Christian supremacy.

奉行白人基督教至上

The Army of God fatally attacks

天军,在全国范围内

abortion clinics and doctors across the country.

对实行堕胎的诊所和医生,进行致命攻击

The Covenant The Sword and The Arm of the Lord

"主之圣约、宝剑、军队"

targets local police and federal agents.

攻击当地警察和联邦探员

The federal building in Oklahoma City

奥克拉荷马市联邦大厦爆炸案(1995年)

the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan

试图刺杀里根总统(1981年)

and the successful assassinations of Martin Luther King

成功刺杀马丁·路德·金(1968年)

John F. Kennedy

约翰·肯尼迪总统(1963年)

John Lennon

约翰·列侬(1980年)

and Abraham Lincoln

还有亚伯拉罕·林肯(1865年)

all perpetrated by Christians.

都是基督教徒犯下的罪行

Ms. Greer we weren't attacked by Muslims.

葛莉儿女士,攻击我们的不是穆斯林

We were attacked by sociopaths.

而是反社会者

And I for one would join you in protesting

我个人愿意与您一起

a community center for the criminally insane.

抗议建造罪犯精神病院

But no one is suggesting building one.

但没人提出要建啊

Here's the thing about the Japanese.

日本人都是这样

Where we tend to hype things up they go the other direction.

只要我们强调这件事,他们就会避而不谈

You think they're lowballing Fukushima?

你认为他们在瞒报福岛的实情吗

I don't know anything about nuclear reactors

我对核反应堆一窍不通

and I'm not at all involved in this story.

这篇报道和我一点关系都没有

I'm just saying I wouldn't take their word for it it's a level five.

我只是说,他们说只是五级,别相信

Excuse me Will.

打扰一下,威尔

There's a comment on your website you need to see.

有条网上评论你得看一下

Ah now I get to say who is it from? What do they do?

现在我能知道,给我留言的是什么人了吧

It's serious.

很严重

From about 25 minutes ago.

大概25分钟前

"Fucking sand niggers should get herded and slaughtered.

"中东鬼们都应该被圈起来宰了

I've got a bullet for you too.

我也给你准备了一颗子弹

You think I'm fucking around?

你觉得我在吓唬你吗

2, Hudson Street 27."

哈德森街2号,27门"

Is 2 Hudson 27...

哈德森街2号,27门

It's my address and apartment number.

是我的住址和门牌号

Alice Cynkar an English professor at OSU.

爱丽丝·辛卡,俄亥俄州立大学英语教授

It wasn't written by an English professor

这人绝不是英语教授

and it wasn't written by Alice Cynkar.

也绝不叫爱丽丝·辛卡

How much effort does it take to scam the new system?

想要骗过认证系统,有多难

You've got to want it pretty bad.

很费力

Millie it's Mackenzie.

米莉,我是麦肯兹

Would you tell him we're coming right up please?

请告诉他,我们马上去找他

They could have stolen our password.

也许是我们的密码被盗了

How hard is that? Hard.

有多难,很难,

We implemented complex password requirements

我们加入了复杂的密码要求

on the site because we knew

因为我们预料到

it was catnip for some sophomore at MIT.

会被MIT的学生拿来练手

It would take an average computer 57 days to get in.

一台普通电脑,要花57天才能破解

And that's with someone who knows what they're doing.

还得是懂行的

How many days has the new system been up?

新系统建立几天了

Three. Jesus.

三天,上帝啊,

Will. Everybody relax.

威尔,大家都别紧张,

Neal just said it. It's a college kid pledging a frat.

尼尔刚说了,大学生的恶作剧而已

With a death threat? No.

用死亡威胁吗,不可能

Charlie I want a body on him until this guy's in handcuffs.

查理,给他安排个保镖,直到嫌犯落网

No way. You're not gonna have a choice.

不行,你没得选择,

The insurance company makes that call. Come on.

这事保险公司说了算,别这样,

Listen to me. This goes to AWM security right now.

听我说,AWM安保部门马上就会得知此事,

Security's got to show it to the insurance company.

而安保部门必须通知保险公司

And that's going to trigger some kind of protection.

必然会触发一定的保护措施

Wouldn't it make more sense for me

我每天乔装打扮下

just to wear a different disguise every day?

不是更省事吗

One more thing.

还有一点

There's gonna be a tabloid story.

又要出一篇小报文章了

Good. Yeah. What did I do?

对,我又做什么了,

Is it possible Maggie filed a complaint with HR

玛姬有没有向人力资源部投诉

saying that you created a hostile work environment?

说你制造"敌意工作环境"

No it's not possible.

这不可能

Maggie wouldn't complain even if her hair was on fire.

玛姬就算头发着火,也不会抱怨

Someone else did on her behalf.

别人代她投诉的

And it was a while ago before you got here.

那时你还没来

Thanks.

谢谢

Would you excuse us for a second?

能否让我们单独谈谈

Sure.

没问题

Why don't we try to fully investigate the anatomy of these stories?

我们该全面调查整件事的来龙去脉

No we're gonna fully investigate Will.

不,我们要全面调查威尔

Of course.

就知道

I want you to assign a team to do opposition research on Will.

你组一个团队,对威尔做对手研究,对政敌的全方位调查研究,包括教育经历,犯罪记录等

Let's call it Operation Involuntary Colonoscopy.

代号就叫"强制结肠镜检查行动"

I just want to know what the next tabloid story is before it happens.

我只想提前知道,下一篇小报新闻会写什么

You all will be able to pin nothing on me Mugsy.

你们不会抓到我任何把柄的,马格西

'Cause I've lived my life straight as the Kingston Trio.

我就跟金斯顿三重唱一样毫无污点

I'm not fucking around!

我没在跟你瞎胡闹

You know when you're grumpier than I am

知道吗,当你比我还暴躁的时候

we've switched roles.

我们已经对换了角色

Ask him what's the current state of the reactors.

问他核反应堆的现状如何

What did he say?

他说什么

What did he say? His daughter's on the diving team.

他说什么,她女儿参加了跳水队,

They came in second at regionals.

区域赛上拿到了亚军

Did he understand the question? Did you?

他听懂问题了吗,你问对了吗,

I haven't spoken to him in two years. We're catching up.

我们两年没联系了,刚才在叙旧

How does a company like TEPCO not have a spokesperson who speaks English?

东京电力这种大公司的发言人,怎么会不懂英语

I don't know.

我怎么知道

What is the current state of the reactors?

核反应堆的现状如何

Tanakasan...

田中先生

Units one and three have had explosions due to hydrogen buildup.

一号和三号机组发生氢气爆炸

They're currently stable but they're not safe to enter.

虽然目前稳定,但仍十分危险无法进入

What are they doing to contain the situation?

他们采取了哪些措施

What's going on with Will?

威尔的事怎样了

Internal security is handling it.

内部安保正在解决

But I have to give you a rotten assignment.

但我要给你安排个苦差事

You got gum in your hair again? No.

口香糖又粘到头发上了,没有

Yes but I got it out.

是的,但我清理干净了

I need you to do opposition research on Will.

我要你对威尔做对手研究

Seriously?

认真的吗

About a year ago

大约一年前

somebody filed a complaint with HR on your behalf.

有人代你向人力资源部投诉

I know what that was.

那事我知道

Will didn't do anything wrong. This is ridiculous.

威尔没做错任何事,这真可笑

I know but Charlie wants to know what else is out there so he can...

我知道,但查理想知道还发生过什么

Will knows we're doing this? Of course.

威尔知情吗,当然,

And he's okay with it? No he hates it.

他同意了,他恨死了,

Fantastic. Go to work.

好极了,干活去,

Have you done this before? Yeah.

这事你以前干过吗,干过,

Where do we start? Tell me about the complaint.

从哪里着手,跟我说说,投诉的事,

There was a desk producer

那时有个后期制片

who saw Will yell at me about something.

看到威尔朝我大吼大叫

What? Doesn't matter.

为什么事,无关紧要,

What?

为什么事

Doesn't matter.

无关紧要

I mixed up Georgia the state with... No.

我把佐治亚州跟...不是吧

Yes Georgia the country. And this was...

没错,跟格鲁吉亚搞混了,这事,

Yup. ...during the invasion?

没错,发生在侵略战争期间吗(2008年格鲁吉亚和俄罗斯,为争夺南奥塞梯的控制权而爆发了战争)

This isn't about me.

调查目标又不是我

You thought the Russians invaded Atlanta?

你以为俄罗斯侵略了亚特兰大(亚特兰大,佐治亚州首府)

In retrospect it seems farfetched.

现在看来的确荒唐

But that wasn't what he was actually mad about.

但当时,他冲我发火不是为了这个

The wife of a board member died

一名董事会成员的妻子去世了

and Will asked me to send flowers.

威尔让我送些花

LOL" I wrote on the card "I'm so sorry about your loss. LOL."

我在卡片上写到,"节哀顺变( LOL(Lough out Loud):开怀大笑)

LOL? I thought it meant "Lots of love." LOL

我以为是"无限爱意"

How are you still working here?

你怎么还能在这儿工作啊

I dodge bullets.

我擅于躲避子弹

Here comes a bullet. Boom! I'm over here.

过来一颗子弹,砰,我躲过了

Ping! Here comes another bullet. Boom! I'm over here.

咻,又来一颗子弹,砰,又躲过了

Ask him if TEPCO's gonna try to keep the reactors going.

问他东京电力是否将尝试让反应堆继续运行

Tanakasan...

田中先生...

They're classified at level five

泄漏量定为五级

and they think they'll be able to get the reactor going.

他们相信,核反应堆能维持工作

Guys do me a favor and let us have a minute?

大伙帮个忙,让我俩单独谈会儿

Anybody know where Sloan Sabbith is?

谁知道斯隆·莎碧斯在哪

Sloan!

斯隆

She's on the phone.

她在打电话呢

All right she's off the phone.

好吧,她打完电话了

Here are the notes. It's gonna go to level seven.

这是笔记,会升至七级的

Holy shit. You got a minute?

我了个去,有时间吗,

Fukushima's a lot worse than they're telling you.

福岛的情况远比他们声称的糟糕

I need you to fill in for Elliot tonight.

我需要你今晚代埃利奥特的班

This is what the Japanese do.

日本人就是这德性

They... wait what?

他们...等等,你说什么

I need you to fill in for Elliot at 10:00.

我需要你今晚代埃利奥特的班

Why?

为什么

His fiveyearold's having a tonsillectomy today.

他五岁的女儿扁桃体发炎了

Elliot's gonna spend the night in the hospital with her.

埃利奥特今晚得在医院陪她

Was it an emergency?

是急诊吗

No it was scheduled a week ago.

不是,一周前就预约了

And you're just getting around to this now?

你等到现在才告诉我

I... Forgot?

我...忘了

Yes.

是的

You have a staff. They can write these things down.

你可以让手下人记下来,提醒你

They can but I have to remember to tell them to.

可以,但我要记得告诉他们才行

So what do you say? You're my first and only choice.

怎么样,你可是我第一也是唯一的选择

What about Jerome? He's in Bermuda.

杰罗姆不行吗,他在百慕大

Kathy? It's her parents' 50th anniversary.

凯西呢,她父母金婚,

Taylor? Bronchitis.

泰勒呢,支气管炎,

So...

这么说...

Yes you were my fourth and only choice.

是的,你是我第四也是唯一的选择

I can't host Elliot's show. Don't be ridiculous.

我做不了埃利奥特的节目,别逗了

You host your own show at 4:00.

你4点档主持得很好呀

About financial news. You're expanding.

那是财经新闻,你不是在扩张嘛

Oh come on. I gained four freaking pounds.

哪有,我才长了四磅

No professor.

不是,教授

Right expanding. Yeah.

哦,扩张,是的,

No I'm not doing it.

我不干

Your copy will be written for you to approve.

脚本写好后,会给你送去

You've got Marco Rubio

嘉宾有马克·鲁比奥(福罗里达州参议员,茶党成员)

Sandra Bernhard...

桑德拉·伯恩哈德(美国着名喜剧演员)

Sandra Bernhard's been dead for 100 years.

桑德拉·伯恩哈德已经去世一百年了

That's Sarah Bernhardt.

你说的是莎拉·伯恩哈特

She'd be a good guest.

她要能来倒是不错(法国世界级女星,代表作《茶花女》)

I hate my life. Hmm?

我真想死,什么

Nothing. And the spokesperson for TEPCO.

没什么,还有东京电力的发言人

I just got off the phone with him.

我刚跟他通完电话

See? You're perfect.

瞧,你再合适不过了

I was just doing a favor for these guys.

我只是帮他们一个忙

I don't know anything about...

我对这些一无所知...

Thank God my first five choices weren't available.

谁让我的前五人选都来不了呢

I thought there were only three.

我以为只有三个

Let's not get caught up in the math.

别纠结数学了

If you want a wardrobe change after the 4:00

如果你4点档结束后,需要换服装

we have Gucci ready to send over some choices.

我们会送几套古琦过去给你

Gucci? A whole rack of choices.

古琦,超多的古琦,

Your copy will be ready for your approval after 9:00

脚本和你要问的问题

along with your questions

九点后送到

and I will be in your ear the whole time.

我会通过耳机全程给你提示

Except for Fukushima you're mostly throwing to packages.

福岛除外,主要是播些画面就行了

They've been lowballing the radiation levels.

他们在虚报辐射等级

I'd take their word for it.

我愿意相信他们

The Japanese have some experience with radiation.

日本人处理核辐射,很有经验

You think that's something...

你好意思这么说...

That is not something you should mention on the air.

直播时,别提这事

Oh God. Mr. Will McAvoy.

我的神啊,威尔·麦卡沃伊先生,

You're not here to do my taxes right?

你不是来给我报税的吧

My name's Lonny Church.

我是朗尼·切奇

Mr. Horn at AWM Security told you i'd be here at this time.

安保部的霍恩先生应该告诉了你,我会来

I'll tell you right now I'm gonna hate this.

我跟你明说了吧,我讨厌这样

I'll tell you now I'm not gonna care.

我也跟你明说了吧,我不在乎

Let's go in my office for a minute. Sure.

到我办公室来一下,没问题,

It's not a real threat.

这都算不上是什么威胁

I don't make that decision.

决定权不在我

Lonny Church? Did you play college football?

朗尼·切奇,你在大学打过橄榄球吗

Yes I did. Defensive tackle.

打过,防守截锋

Started three years for Clemson.

前三年都在克莱森大学

And then?

后来呢

Got drafted in the eighth round by the Bengals.

第八轮被选到猛虎队去了

And then?

再后来呢

Got cut five weeks into training camp.

集训五周后,被裁了

Excellent.

好极了

Joined the Army became an MP.

后来参了军,当了宪兵

Where were you deployed? New Jersey.

驻地在哪儿,新泽西,

You see a lot of action in New Jersey?

新泽西的军事行动多吗

See a lot of action in your studio?

演播室里的军事行动多吗

I'll be doing the jokes okay?

我负责搞笑,好吗

After you were discharged?

退伍之后去了哪

Honorably. I joined Blue North Security.

荣誉退伍后,加入了北蓝保全公司

Who else's body have you guarded?

你还给谁当过保镖

We don't talk about that. Okay.

这是保密信息,好吧,

Kanye. It was awesome.

坎耶,好时光啊(坎耶·韦斯特:美国着名黑人说唱歌手)

Are you armed?

你带枪吗

I secure my weapon in a gun safe when I come in the building.

进大楼之前,我把枪放进枪械库了

Keep it there. I really don't want an armed guard.

就放那儿吧,我可不要持枪的保镖

Maybe if you were drafted in the first four rounds I'd feel safer.

你要是在前四轮中选,我还能觉得安全些

Mr. McAvoy. You can call me Will.

麦卡沃伊先生,叫我威尔就好,

Yeah I was gonna do that anyway.

我正有打算

I know you're used to being the boss.

我知道你习惯发号施令

But you're not anymore. At least for a little while.

但现在不行了,至少暂时不行

How long?

要多久

Until my colleagues chase down the source of the threat

直到我的同事找出威胁你的人

or of course if you've been successfully assassinated.

或者,直到他把你成功刺杀了

A joke? What'd you think?

玩笑,你觉得呢,

It was all right. How does this work?

还行,具体怎么做

I pick you up at your home in the morning

我每天早上去你家接你

and escort you to your office.

把你护送到办公室

Then I pick you up at your office at night

每天晚上来办公室接你

and escort you to your home.

把你护送回家

I'm with you any place that's an unsecured area.

任何无安全保障的地方,我都如影随形

What's an unsecured area?

哪些是无安全保障的地方

Anyplace that isn't your home or your office.

除了你家和办公室的所有地方

I'm single. What about a date?

我还单身,需要约会呢

I don't think we should get romantically involved.

我对你没有兴趣

You get one joke a day.

一天只许一个笑话

Come on in. I say that.

请进,这话该我说,

I'm sorry. You got a second? Yeah.

抱歉,你现在有空吗,有,

I'll leave you.

我回避

Sloan this is Lonny. You'll see him around.

斯隆,这是朗尼,以后会常见到他

Good to meet you.

幸会

Can I tap your chest? Sure.

我能戳戳你的胸吗,行啊,

Holy cow.

我的天哪

Have you felt his pecs? No I haven't yet.

你试过这胸肌吗,还没,

I'll be downstairs.

我会在楼下

So I'm hosting Elliot's show tonight.

今晚由我替埃利奥特做节目

I know. I'm the one who suggested you.

我知道,是我推荐你的

You really think I can do it?

你真觉得我能行吗

No I have no idea. So we're gonna find out.

不知道,试试就知道了

All right. Well your exuberant confidence notwithstanding

好吧,感谢你对我的满满信心

I have the spokesperson. From TEPCO

有个发言人,东京电力的,

I know.

我知道

He just told me off the record

他私下向我透露

that reactor three is causing what is a level seven

三号反应堆的泄漏量为七级

not a level five radiation leak.

而非五级

What's the trick to getting him to say it on the record?

有什么秘诀,能让他公开讲出来

There is no trick. You just don't stop until he tells the truth.

没有秘诀,必须不停逼问,直到他说实话

What do you mean you don't stop?

怎么个不停逼问

I mean you don't stop.

不要停下来

Sloan I watch your show at 4:00 and you're brilliant.

斯隆,我看过你4点档的节目,你很出色

But you let guests say things that I know you know aren't true.

可你纵容嘉宾说假话

And then you just move on.

然后听之任之

Ask the damn followup

你得跟进问下去

and then demonstrate with facts how the guest is lying.

然后用事实证明他在撒谎

You can't just sit there and be a facilitator

你不能只是一味附和

for whatever bullshit the guest wants to feed your viewers.

任由嘉宾糊弄你的观众

They're not coming on to plug a movie. It's not Jimmy Kimmel.

他们不是来演戏的,这不是吉米现场秀(吉米·金梅尔,着名搞笑脱口秀主持人)

You knowingly passively allow someone to lie on your air

你默许别人在你的节目里撒谎

and maybe you're not a drug dealer but you're sure as hell

也许你不是毒贩子,可你毫无疑问

the guy who drives the dealer around in your car.

是开车载着毒贩子四处兜售的司机

So maybe you'll get it maybe you won't.

也许你能套出真话,也许不行

Show me something.

努力给我看看

Got it. Do you?

明白了,你确定,

Yeah.

是的

I just... I don't know. I was in a bad mood.

我只是...我那时心情很差

Honestly I was just trying to motivate her.

真的,我只是想激励她

She's the last person who needs motivation

而她是最不需要激励的人

so it just ended up... Scaring her.

所以后来变成...吓到她了,

I hate that people are scared of me.

我讨厌有人害怕我

I absolutely hate it. Why?

讨厌极了,为什么

Why do I hate when people are scared of me?

为什么讨厌别人害怕我

For the same reason everybody does.

人人都讨厌啊

Everybody doesn't.

不是人人都讨厌

Some people like it. Most people don't care.

有些人喜欢,大部分人不在乎

I don't know what to tell you. I don't like it.

我不知道怎么讲,反正不喜欢这样

And I'm pretty sure I scared Sloan

我肯定是吓到她了

because she's a veteran reporter who's never done anything like what she did.

因为她当记者这么久,从未做过那样的事

What's the condition of each reactor?

现在各个反应堆情况如何

All six reactors are in stable condition.

全部六个反应堆均已稳定

Great let's wrap up.

很好,收尾

What about the partial meltdown at reactor three?

那三号反应堆的部分熔化呢

Wrap up for me.

收尾吧

Excuse me that's not what I asked.

抱歉,我问的不是这个

I'm asking him specifically about the core damage at reactor three.

我的问题是针对三号反应堆堆芯融毁

What's happening?

什么情况

We know of no core damage at any of the reactors.

我们尚未发现任何反应堆有融毁现象

That's not what Mr. Tanaka just said.

田中先生并不是这么说的

He said our engineers can't get close enough to confirm that.

他说"工程师无法靠近,因此不能证实"

Please translate exactly what I'm asking

请准确翻译我的提问内容

and exactly what Mr. Tanaka is answering

以及田中先生的回答

including what I'm saying now

包括我现在所说的话

because I want him to be aware that he's being misrepresented.

我想让他知道,他的回答被歪曲了

Miss Sabbith I am translating. He is not being...

莎碧斯女士,我正在翻译,他没有...

Ask him if he believed the radiation levels are going to a seven.

请问他是否相信,泄露等级将会升至七级

Please please don't go rogue.

求求你,别说下去了

The radiation was categorized at level four

辐射等级原本被定为四级

and then recategorized at level five.

之后提升至五级

And that's where it should remain.

并将保持在五级

Ma'am he didn't say that's where it should remain.

女士,他并没有说将保持在五级

You did.

是你说的

Furthermore he told me... you know what? I'm just gonna...

他还说...我还是...

Tanakasan...

田中先生

And now we're doing the broadcast in Japanese.

欢迎收看日语频道

We'll be right back after this. Just say that.

赶紧给我说,"广告后回来"

Say it in English.

说英语

She just... put me back!

她居然...给我戴上耳机

Mr. Tanaka your company had this incident rated at level four

田中先生,贵公司将事故评定为四级

then adjusted to level five.

后调至五级

How confident are you that that'll be the highest level we see?

你有多大把握,等级不会再次提升

At least we're back to English.

好歹用回英语了

At this point we see no reason that level will need future escalation.

目前没有迹象表明,事故等级将继续上调

Well that's simply not what Mr. Tanaka told me on the phone earlier today.

田中先生之前在电话里可不是这么说的

No no. When I spoke with him earlier

别这样,之前我与他通话时,

he said there's enough evidence to raise the level to seven.

他说足够证据表明,事故等级应调至七级

Go back to Japanese.

快回到日语

And now he's not saying it so I am.

既然他现在不愿说,那么我来说

Oh my God!

老天啊

So there it is. The Fukushima nuclear power plant is saying

事实是这样,福岛核电站声称

that the level four radiation leak that was raised to level five

原本由四级调至五级的核事故等级

has a chance at being raised to level seven

有可能被调至七级

which is the difference between life and gruesome death.

这是生死攸关之变

We'll be back after this with Sarah Bernhardt.

广告之后将带来莎拉·伯恩哈特

Sandra Bernhard you idiot!

桑德拉·伯恩哈德,蠢货

Oh what the hell does it matter?

算了,这还是问题吗

Okay... 'Sup?

我知道...有何贵干

Okay I know we were on sketchy ground

我知道,刚才的节目

ethically and linguistically but

在职业道德和语言上都搞砸了,但...

Whatever you're gonna say save it for another 10 seconds.

不管你要说什么,十秒后再说

What happens in 10 seconds?

十秒后会发生什么

Just hang on for another five seconds

再等五秒

and know that we've all been there at one point or another.

记住,这事大家都经历过

What happens in five seconds?

五秒后会发生什么

What in the name of holy fuck were you thinking about?!

你大爷的,你究竟在想什么

First let me say that Don was not responsible for that.

首先,我声明,这不是唐的错

Yeah when you severed communication with the EP

你切断了和制片人的通信

you pretty much absolved him of responsibility.

他当然不用负责了

But that doesn't make the cut of the top three calamities that just occurred.

可这还挤不进刚才的直播事故榜前三

Charlie

查理...

I along with most people who don't live in Japan

我,和不在日本生活的大部分人一样

am not fluent in Japanese so I have to ask:

不太懂日语,所以我想问

Did you just make up statements for somebody we had live on our air?

你是不是在直播时,编造了采访对象的声明

I didn't make them up.

我没有编造

About a deadly radiation leak?

还是关乎性命的核辐射问题

I didn't make them up.

我没有编造

He told me the reactor was going to a seven.

他告诉我,反应堆会调至七级

When? Tonight?

什么时候,今晚吗

I'm asking honestly because there was a portion of the broadcast

我是真心问你,因为那部分直播

that turned into a Kurosawa movie.

被你播成了黑泽明的电影

These things are measured on a scale of zero to seven.

这类事故等级,从零到七(三里岛,美国历史上最严重的核事故,约20万人撤出)

Five is Three Mile Island a seven is Chernobyl.

五级是三里岛,七级就是切尔诺贝利

On air did he say the reactors were going to seven?

直播时,他有说反应堆要到七级吗

He said it to me in the preinterview.

他在预采访时告诉我的

And then the company stuck an interpreter next to him

之后公司硬塞了一个翻译给他

and I think her job was more than interpreting

我觉得她不仅仅是个翻译

because she wasn't accurately translating

因为她没有准确地翻译...

We don't report what you think Sloan.

我们报道的不是你的想法,斯隆

The guy said all six reactors are stable.

他说六个反应堆都很稳定

The Japanese are a deferential people.

日本人向来惯于从命

It's very hard for them to explain when they've done something wrong.

要他们承认做错了事很难

I don't give a shit Madame Butterfly!

我不管这么多,蝴蝶夫人(蝴蝶夫人的丈夫始乱终弃,喻斯隆在直播中被"背叛")

And right now the Japanese who are reading an online report of your report

现在,那些在网上看到你报道的日本人

are fleeing from their fucking homes.

正他妈在逃离家乡

Now tell me what he said tonight on air.

告诉我,他直播时到底说了什么

He said the reactors were at five.

他说反应堆在五级

But you said he said they would move to seven.

但你却说,他说会升到七级

I made it clear he said that during the preinterview.

我讲清楚了,那是他在预采访中说的

First of all let's not kid ourselves.

首先,别自欺欺人了

There was nothing that was clear about that interview.

那段采访,没有丝毫清楚的地方

He said it to me

他是这么和我说的

and he said it to a conference room full of staffers.

也是这么告诉整个会议室的员工的

The staffers weren't there. The staffers were not there.

员工不在场,员工是不在,

I sent them out so we could speak privately and off...

我请他们出去了,这样他才肯透露私...

No finish that sentence.

把话说完

Off the record.

私下消息

Good luck trying to get a source to talk to you off the record again.

看以后还有哪个线人会私下给你消息

You have no value to me as a reporter now.

作为记者,你已经对我毫无用处了

Charlie! And I have to suspend you.

查理,我不得不停你的职,

Come on... What?

别这样...什么

I have to suspend you

我不得不停你的职

while we bring in outside investigators

还要找外部调查员

to comb through every report you've filed in the last two years

梳理你这两年来每一份报道

to find out what other shit you made up.

看看你还编造了什么

I didn't make anything up. I would never make anything up.

我什么也没有编造,我绝不会胡编乱造

I know that and you know that and he knows that

这点我知道,你知道,他也知道

but why the hell should anyone else know that?

但是别人凭什么相信

You're suspended with pay until I figure out...

你被停职留薪了,直到我搞清...

They were lying about a public safety issue.

他们在公共安全问题上撒谎

You're suspended with pay...

你被停职留薪...

I don't want the goddamn pay!

我才不要什么鬼工资

Don't front off with me girl!

不许顶撞我,丫头

Don't call me girl sir.

不许叫我丫头,先生

Everybody calm the fuck down.

全都他妈的冷静下来

Sarah Bernhardt was a turnofthecentury

莎拉·伯恩哈特是划时代的

stage and film actress from France.

法国戏剧和电影演员

Sandra Bernhard is a...

桑德拉·伯恩哈德是...

I don't know what the hell.

真不知道搞得什么鬼

There's no way she does that if I hadn't given her my awesome pep talk.

要不是我激她,她也不会那么做

Are you close with Sloan?

你跟斯隆关系好吗

Are we close? Yeah.

关系好,对,

Why? Just asking.

怎么,随便问问,

You seem very protective.

你似乎很护着她

We didn't used to be.

以前不会

But she's become I don't know.

但她越来越...我也说不清

I don't know like a little sister to me or something.

我不知道,越来越像我妹妹

Your father was an abusive alcoholic?

你父亲经常酒后伤人吗

What?

什么

Your father he was an abusive alcoholic?

你父亲喝醉后会不会打你们

I didn't say that.

我可没说过

But he was right?

但他的确会打你们

You got that in the 40 minutes

你花了40分钟就知道了

that I've been sitting here that seem like a week and a half?

我却觉得,在这坐了一周半

It's in the notes my dad left.

我从我父亲的记录里找到的

Can I have a prescription now?

现在可以开处方了吗

He hit you? Come on.

他打你了吗,有完没完,

He hit you right?

他打过你

How many times did you see "Good Will Hunting"?

你《心灵捕手》看多了吧(主角(也叫威尔)从小受亲人虐待,心理医生帮其打开心门)

He hit you? Yes.

他打你,对

He hit your mother? Yes.

他打你母亲,对,

You have a brother and two sisters.

你有一个弟弟和两个妹妹

He hit them right?

他也打他们,对吗

Look he didn't hit anybody once I was old enough to hit him back.

我有能力还击后,他就再没打过谁

And when was that?

那时你多大

Will how old were you when you had to protect

威尔,你多大就不得不保护

your mother your brother

你母亲,你弟弟

and your two little sisters

以及你的两个小妹妹

from a grown man who was drunk and violent?

使他们免遭醉汉的家暴

Fifth grade.

五年级

I cracked a bottle of Dewar's across his face.

我把一个帝王酒瓶直接砸到他脸上

It's in your notes. Why are you pursuing this line of

这些记录里都有,你干嘛死纠着不放

I'm not trying to be an asshole.

我不是故意为难你

I just want a sleeping pill.

我就想要点安眠药

I'm gonna give you one but I doubt it's gonna work.

我会开给你,但我担心它不起作用

Let's give it a try.

试试看好了

You've got another 15 minutes on your session.

这次咨询还剩15分钟

I didn't come here for a session.

我不是来找你心理咨询的

You could have gotten sleeping pills from your internist.

你大可以从内科医生那里开安眠药

Shit you could have got them online.

你甚至在网上就买得到

I didn't go to my internist because he asks too many questions.

我不去找内科医生,因为他问太多问题

You didn't go to your internist because he doesn't ask you the right questions.

你不去找内科医生,因为他问不对问题

I didn't come here for a session.

我不是来做心理咨询的

I think you did.

我觉得你是

I'm checking on the opposition research.

我来看看对手研究进展如何

Maggie was detained by the police

玛姬被警方拘留过

for attempting to blow up her parents' house.

理由是试图炸毁父母的房子

He's overstating it.

他夸大其词

My cousins and I wanted to shoot guns at soda cans.

我和几个表弟想射击汽水罐

Where did you place the soda cans?

你把汽水罐放哪了

On top of the propane tanks. Which were in front of?

丙烷储罐上,后面又是什么,

The diesel fuel combine. But I'm an excellent shot.

柴油联合收割机,但我枪法精准

The Deep South could have used you when the Russians invaded.

美国南部遭俄罗斯入侵时,该找你去帮忙呀(讽刺玛姬把佐治亚州和格鲁吉亚搞混)

Will. How's the opposition research on Will?

来说威尔,他的对手研究有什么斩获

He once needed lenses for driving then didn't.

他以前开车要戴隐形眼镜,后来不用了

So he probably had Lasik surgery.

想必他做了激光矫正手术

He did.

有这么回事

He registered for the New York Marathon but didn't finish.

他曾报名参加纽约市马拉松,但没跑完

My fault. I twisted my ankle at the starting line.

是我的错,我起跑时扭伤了脚踝

He carried me to the first aid tent. What else?

他扶我到急救帐篷,还有什么吗

He was hospitalized with tuberculosis. Already knew that.

他曾患肺结核住院,这我知道,

He was credited on a country album as a guitarist.

他以吉他手的身份出过一张乡村音乐专辑

He's an accomplished guitarist

他是位天资颇高的吉他手

who occasionally jams with Leonard Cohen.

偶尔和莱昂纳德·科恩同台演出(加拿大着名诗人,小说家,创作歌手)

He got a Cminus in Sociology of Emotion.

他情感社会学得了C

It was a clerical mistake. He never registered for the class.

是教务处搞错了,他都没报过这门课

Then a Cminus is pretty good.

没上课考C已经很不错了

I need something I can use.

我需要把柄

Wait are we trying to protect Will or give you ammunition?

我们这是在保护威尔,还是替你找把柄

Thought we could do both.

一石二鸟

He contributed $250 to the failed primary campaign

他给初选落马的内布拉斯加州

of a congressional candidate in Nebraska.

候选议员捐了250美元

While he was a journalist? No.

在他当上记者之后吗,不是,

Nothing I can do with that.

那我也用不上

I mean they nothing they can do with that.

我是说他们,他们用不上

Oh the candidate was a Republican.

那个候选人是共和党

So's Will. What?

威尔也是,什么,

He's a registered Republican.

他是注册了的共和党人

The four of you weren't able to uncover that?

你们四个居然都没查出来

We weren't looking.

我们压根儿就没查

He was a speechwriter for Bush 41.

他以前还给老布什写过演讲稿

What did you think he was?

你以为呢

I just thought he did that as a public service.

我以为他那是做公职呢

Or to mess with him like in "The Sting."

或是上演一把现实版的《骗中骗》

That's nothing like what happened in "The Sting."

《骗中骗》不是这样的

Jim got kicked out of his a study abroad semester.

吉姆"出国留学"被开除了

He went to the Arctic Circle. I wanted to see the penguins.

他去了北极圈,我想看企鹅,

Those are in the Antarctic. Lesson learned.

企鹅在南极,受科普了,

Why'd you get kicked out?

你怎么会被开除

You're not allowed to fraternize with the Inuit.

他们不准我亲近因纽特人

He tried to score with an Eskimo.

他想搞爱斯基摩人

I was just trying...

我只是想试着...

I was just trying to get...

我只是想...

past the disappointment with the penguins.

忘掉企鹅这事儿

All right so there's nothing so far.

行了,反正是一无所获

Fox offered him a ton of money in 2006

FOX在2006年给了他很多钱

to come to LA and get into latenight.

邀请他到洛杉矶主持深夜秀

A talk show? Yeah.

脱口秀吗,对,

He'd have been good at that.

他会做得很好的

All right get back to the news.

好了,继续做新闻吧

Did you say 2006? Yeah.

你是说2006年吗,对啊,

How far did it get? A deal memo.

进展到什么程度,做了协议备忘录

You sure? Yeah.

你确定,确定,

All right.

好吧

You know that this is stupid.

这么做真傻

Just go do your jobs.

快去干活吧

I've just heard something I can't believe.

我刚刚听到些难以置信的事

Why don't you attack this woman?

你为什么不攻击这个女人

She doesn't seem that threatening to me.

我看她没有威胁

She's incredibly threatening.

她太有威胁了

My life is in constant danger when she's around.

她一出现,我就有生命危险

I'm Lonny Church. Mackenzie McHale.

我是朗尼·切奇,麦肯兹·麦克黑尔

Attack! Nah.

攻击,不要,

Look I'll be here at 9:00 unless you're leaving the building.

我九点再来,除非你要提前离开

In which case press pound five on your phone and I'll be here.

到时候长按5键,我就马上过来

Nice meeting you. Nice meeting you.

幸会,幸会,

Fox offered you a latenight talk show.

FOX请你去做深夜脱口秀

Great when do I start? Five years ago.

很好,我什么时候开始,五年前

They offered you the show when we were together.

当时我们还在一起

It was gonna take you to LA and it got as far as the deal memo.

他们请你去洛杉矶,协议备忘录都做好了

What is it you think you've uncovered?

你以为你发现了什么

This whole time you've enjoyed making me feel guilty

一直以来,我因为害咱俩没在一起

for ruining the life we would have had together

而深深自责,你却看着高兴

when in fact you never had any intention of marrying me.

而实际上你根本没打算跟我结婚

No intention of marrying me.

没打算娶我

I mean you never even mentioned it.

你甚至从来没有提过这事

You were just gonna go to LA and leave a note?

你打算留个纸条就跑到洛杉矶是吗

Let me tell you something the days of you being able to lord my mistake

听着,你对我的错误揪住不放的日子

over me are behind us.

已经过去了

I've lived a life that is good and pure.

我一直很善良很纯洁

You were deceiving me while I was deceiving you.

我骗你的时候你也在骗我

You never had any intention of... what's this?

你从来就没打算...这是什么

I didn't tell you about the Fox offer

我没告诉你FOX的邀请是因为

because it was never real. I knew I was being used as leverage

那事没戏,他们只是拿我当筹码

and I didn't want to be embarrassed

但这一切都过去之后

in front of you when it went away.

我不想在你面前丢脸

I was still trying to impress you.

我依然想给你留下好印象

The ring was meant for me?

戒指是为我准备的

But I've lived a life that's good and pure.

但我一直很善良很纯洁

Except for...

除了

Cheating on you.

劈腿

Could you speak up? Cheating on you.

能大点声说吗,劈腿

Except for cheating on you!

除了我劈腿了

There it is.

这就对了

Okay. Well then...

好了,那就...

back to work.

接着工作吧

Yeah.

Listen when you do propose to someone

当你哪天真的要求婚

that's the ring that'll do it.

那戒指一定行

So as soon as you heard they were doing opposition research

你一听说他们在做对手研究

you ran over to Tiffany and bought the ring?

就跑去蒂凡尼买了戒指

That's insane.

那样太蠢了

I had to send my agent or it would have shown up in the papers.

我得让我的经纪人去,不然又会见报

Will. I'm gonna return it.

威尔,我会退回去的,

Does that seem normal to you?

你觉得你的行为正常吗

The world is made up of two kinds of people.

世界是由两种人组成的

The ones who think they're

一种自以为正常

normal and the ones who know there's no such thing.

另一种明白根本没有所谓"正常"

Great you took one semester of Intro to Adult Psych.

很好,你上过一学期的成人心理学入门

But the world is made up of a lot more than two kinds of people.

但世界上远不止两种人

And I was speaking in the psychiatric sense of the word.

我从精神病学的角度来说

Does going out and buying a ring...

跑去买戒指

Which I'm going to return.

我会去退掉的

a bizarre I don't know what to call it ...as

怪异...我不知道该怎么描述

seem normal to you?

对你来说正常吗

You weren't around for the exposition.

你是不知道经过

She had an affair with her exboyfriend.

她当时跟前男友有一腿

For four months while she was with me.

给我戴了四个月的绿帽子

It's four years later.

已经过去四年了

And you know why I don't talk about it?

你知道我为什么不喜欢别人提起吗

Because I'm tired of people

因为我真的厌倦了人们

telling me it's a "Just get over it" situation.

总是对我说,这事儿过了就过了吧

Fuck you. You don't know what it's like in my head.

去你妈的,你不懂我脑子里是什么状况

Sloan Sabbith.

斯隆·莎碧斯

It's a Japanese news report from a few hours ago.

几小时前的日本新闻报道

We know they're talking about you

我们知道他们说的是你

but we don't know what they're saying.

但不知道说的是什么

"After releasing incorrect

在向美国记者,

information to the American journalist Sloan Sabbith"

斯隆·莎碧斯提供了不实信息后

That's a picture of Elliot and

这是埃利奥特的照片

he didn't release incorrect information. I did.

报道不实信息的不是他,是我

And it wasn't incorrect.

况且,哪里不实了

"After releasing incorrect

在向美国记者,

information to the American journalist Sloan Sabbith...

斯隆·莎碧斯提供了不实信息后

TEPCO spokesman Daisuke Tanaka has offered to resign today.

东京电力发言人田中大辅引咎辞职

He said 'I apologize to my company

他说,"我对不起我的公司

my government and my country.'"

我的政府,还有我的国家"

Please I have to fix this now.

求你了,我得补救回来

Help me. I need wisdom.

帮帮我,我需要智慧

I have wisdom. Kenzie I love you.

我也有智慧,肯兹,我喜欢你,

But a Japanese man's honor is at stake.

但这位日本人的名誉危在旦夕

And sometimes your wisdom leads to...like...

而你的智慧常常会引发...就像...

No I get it. Yeah.

好吧我懂了,对,

Will?

威尔

She'd just been suspended

她刚被停职

and she's thinking about the other guy's job.

却还在担心别人的工作

Honor actually is what she said.

其实不是工作,是名誉

Meanwhile she's a punch line on the Internet.

与此同时,网上对她嘲笑声一片

And he's got students too. Who?

他还有学生,谁,

Sloan. She teaches at Columbia twice a week.

斯隆,她每周在哥大上两堂课

You said he. He's got students.

你说的是"他"他有学生

And you feel that's a breakthrough moment?

你觉得你找到突破口了

That my subconscious revealed something?

我的潜意识向你透露了信息

I'll be honest. I'm pretty sure the reason I said he instead of she

实话告诉你,我把"她"说成"他" 'Cause

is that I've been awake for a really long time now.

是因为,我很久没合眼了

But those comments weren't on your site right?

但这些评论没有发在你的网站上

No because nobody's gonna say that unless they're anonymous.

对,因为没人愿意实名回复

And if you don't count the death threat it worked.

抛开恐吓信不说,我的计划成功了

It was bully kryptonite.

实名制制服了恶霸

No more LollypopLollypop.

棒棒糖棒棒糖再也不会出现了

What did SurrendrDorothee mean when

投降吧多萝西的意思

The screen name of the person

电视里那人叫什么来着

It's what the... Yeah the screen name of the person

那是...对,电视里那人,

Yeah. On the last night you showed anonymous posts.

对,你昨晚读匿名评论时,

It's what the witch wrote in the sky,

那是女巫写在天空上的(出自《绿野仙踪》)

I'm not asking what the screen name means.

我问的不是名字的寓意

I'm asking what the person that when he or she said

而是它提到你当晚的嘉宾

that your guest that night had hit the Uncle Tom Daily Double.

"是汤姆叔叔的翻版"是什么意思

The guest he or she was talking about was a man named Sutton Wall

它指的嘉宾是,沙顿·沃尔

who was the deputy chief of staff to Rick Santorum

是前宾夕法尼亚参议员

former senator for Pennsylvania

里克·桑托勒姆的副幕僚长

who just announced his intention to run for President of the United States.

桑托勒姆刚宣布,有意参加总统竞选

The list of prospective candidates for the Republican nomination for president

共和党党内提名,参选总统的名单

may yet include another name.

或将新增一个名字

Earlier this week former Pennsylvania senator

本周早些时候,前宾夕法尼亚参议员

Rick Santorum convened an exploratory committee...

里克·桑托勒姆召集人员组成试探委员会(参选者只要表达参选意愿,组织试探委员会,即可参与总统竞选)

And Sutton Wall is both black and gay.

沙顿·沃尔既是黑人又是同性恋

The senator is perhaps best known for his fullthroated advocacy of social issues.

参议员以其在社会问题上的高调立场出名

Here to discuss how those positions and others

桑托勒姆在各种问题上的立场

may shape Mr. Santorum's bid for the White House

对他问鼎白宫有何影响呢

is his former deputy chief of staff Sutton Wall

参与讨论的是他的前任副幕僚长沙顿·沃尔

an adjunct professor of American Studies at Temple University

同时也是天普大学美国研究的客座教授

who will be serving as an advisor to the campaign throughout this process.

他将担任前参议员的竞选顾问

He teaches at Temple?

他在天普大学教书

Yeah.

So he has students?

所以他有学生

Yes he has students.

对,他有学生

And LollypopLollypop said you almost made him cry.

棒棒糖棒棒糖说你差点把他弄哭

That that was absolutely not my intention.

那完全不是我的本意

Well you're hardwired to hate bullies.

你天生讨厌恶霸

Like the way comic book heroes are born out of a childhood trauma.

就像漫画里有童年阴影的英雄一样

Santorum was the bully in that situation.

在他的问题上,桑托勒姆才是恶霸

Speaking to the "New York Times" in May

2005 2005年5月在《纽约时报》访谈中

Senator Santorum said

桑托勒姆曾说

"Gay marriage threatens my marriage.

"同性婚姻威胁到了我的婚姻

It threatens all marriages.

它威胁到了所有人的婚姻

It threatens the traditional values of this country."

还威胁到了我国的传统价值观"

Mr. Wall how does gay marriage

沃尔先生,同性婚姻

threaten Mr. Santorum's marriage?

怎么就威胁到桑托勒姆先生的婚姻了

The senator believes that marriage

参议员认为婚姻

is defined as the union of one man and one woman.

应当是一男一女的结合

I understand that's what the former senator believes.

我明白前参议员是这么认为的

But what he said was that

但他说的是

gay marriages threatens his marriage and all marriages.

同性婚姻威胁到了他的乃至所有人的婚姻

And I'm asking you exactly how it's a threat.

我问的正是,这威胁从何而来

Sanctity of life is the number one issue

对里克·桑托勒姆而言

with Rick Santorum and he believes...

生命的神圣是头等大事,他认为...

Mr. Wall we'll get to purposely vague words like sanctity in a moment.

沃尔先生,请不要用"神圣"这种模糊的词

But I'd like you to try to answer the question.

请你正面回答我的问题

How is Mr. Santorum's marriage threatened

桑托勒姆先生的婚姻

by the gay couple two houses down also being married?

怎么就受到同性恋邻居的威胁了

Will I was proud to serve on the senator's staff

威尔,我很自豪曾效力于参议员

and I'll be proud to serve and

今后他若竞选总统

support him should he choose to run for president.

我也会自豪地支持并协助他

But that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with him on every single issue.

但这不代表,我赞同他的所有观点

Gay marriage is now legal in five states

同性婚姻已在五个州合法化

as well as the District of Columbia.

外加哥伦比亚特区

Has Mr. Santorum's marriage been suffering as a result?

桑托勒姆先生的婚姻是否因此而受影响

Has he complained to you

他可曾向你抱怨

that he and Mrs. Santorum seem to be fighting more or talking less?

他与妻子吵架多而交流少

Of course not.

当然没有

Has there been any infidelity in the last seven years

这七年来,他们夫妻间是否出现过不忠

or an inability to relate to their children

或是无法与子女相处

as a result of five states legalizing samesex marriage?

而原因归咎于五个州的同性婚姻合法化

This is a preposterous line of questioning sir.

你的问题非常荒谬,先生

I'm afraid it has to be sir

不荒谬不行,先生

because it's a preposterous assertion.

因为他的言论就很荒谬

Now are you able to name one way

你能否举出一个例子

in which Mr. Santorum's marriage to Mrs. Santorum

桑托勒姆夫妇间的婚姻

is threatened by gay couples also having the right to marry?

因同性婚姻合法化,而受威胁

I...

我...

I am not able to name a way.

我举不出例子

Thank you.

谢谢

I could have just stopped it there.

我本该到此结束的

Does it bother you that Mr. Santorum thinks there's something wrong

桑托勒姆先生认为你有病,需要治

with you that should be fixed?

你不生气吗

Hang on because I am sick and tired of these attacks

慢着,我受够了这些攻击

these wrongheaded attacks against a great man and a great public servant.

以错误导向,攻击这位伟人,好公仆

Reasonable people can disagree about how great a man or how great a public

里克·桑托勒姆是不是伟人或好公仆

servant Rick Santorum is

各人自有判断

but they can't disagree about the fact

但是无可否认

that he thinks you're a sick deviant who's threatening the fabric of society.

他认为你是威胁社会根基的异类

I have known this man for almost a decade

我与他相识近十年

and I can tell you that he has treated me with nothing but respect.

我可以告诉你,他对我从没有不敬之举

This is Senator Santorum speaking to Fox News.

以下是桑托勒姆议员在FOX台的发言

Easy does it Will. No we're gonna do this thing.

点到为止就行了,不行,非得这样,

this is the equivalent ......that

在本质上相同,

that being black and being gay is the same is simply not true.

说黑人和同性恋本质上相同,是不对的

There are all sorts of studies out there that suggest just the contrary

各种研究表明恰恰相反

and there are people who were gay and lived a gay lifestyle

有人曾是同性恋,过着同性恋生活

and aren't anymore.

而现在不是了

I don't know if that's the similar situation.

两者的性质能一样吗

I don't think that's the case with anybody that's black.

黑人的肤色可没法改变

Mr. Santorum is forgiving you for being black

桑托勒姆先生原谅你是黑人

because there's nothing you can do about that.

因为你无法改变这一点

But you don't have to be gay.

但你可以不做同性恋

I will say it again. Mr. Santorum is a great man

我重申一次,桑托勒姆先生是个伟大的人

who would make a great president.

他会成为伟大的总统

He has never treated me with anything but the utmost respect.

他对我从来只有敬重

Except for finding you disgusting.

但他却觉得你很恶心

That is a lie. Will don't...

这是谎言,威尔,别...

Has Rick Santorum on the floor of the US Senate

里克·桑托勒姆是否曾在参议院内

compared homosexuality to incest and bestiality?

公开将同性恋与乱伦和兽奸相提并论

Those remarks have been taken out of context over the years

那些言论多年来被断章取义

Feel free to put the remarks in the proper context.

请您将它置于合适的前后文

He makes a clear distinction between homosexuality and homosexual acts.

他将同性恋和同性恋行为区分得很清楚

So he only finds you disgusting when you act like a homosexual?

所以只有你表现得像同性恋时,他才会恶心

He doesn't find me disgusting. Yes he does.

他没有觉得我恶心,他有,

And he also thinks you're less than a man.

他还认为你低人一等

No he certainly does not. Come on.

他绝对没有,别问了,

Our Declaration contains the words

独立宣言包含以下内容

We hold these truths to be selfevident that all men are created equal."

"下述真理当是不言而喻的,人人生而平等"

In order to arrive at the conclusion

若要认为

that homosexual love is something less than heterosexual love

同性之爱低于异性之爱

you have to begin with the premise

其前提必然是

that a homosexual is something less than a man.

同性恋者低人一等

That's inescapable.

这点无可辩驳

And so I'm asking you to explain to me

那么我请问

why you would work for a man who believes that you're inferior?

他视你为低人一等,你为何还要为他工作

That you're damaged. That you're ill. Stop hitting him.

说你有残缺,病态,别攻击他了,

Unnatural. A threat to children.

不自然,危害儿童

Unfit to serve in the military.

没资格服兵役

Unfit to be a parent. And unloved by God.

没资格为人父母,不为上帝所爱

I'm asking you sir. Stop! Just stop!

我请问,先生,停,给我闭嘴,

I believe in the sanctity of life.

我相信生命之神圣

And if that word is too vague for you then look it up.

如果你觉得这个词模糊,去查字典

I support the senator because of all the candidates in the field

我支持议员是因为,在所有候选者中

I believe he is the only one

他是唯一一个

whose passionon the issue of abortion equals my own.

在堕胎问题上和我一样热情的人

And I believe he has the skills to make a fantastic president.

我相信他有能力成为一个出色的总统

I am not talking...that's not...

我没有问你...这不是...

You will not interrupt me again sir!

你不许再打断我,先生

I am more than one thing.

我是个活生生的人

How dare you reduce me to the color of my skin or my sexual orientation?

你怎能单凭我的肤色或性取向来评价我

There are people who look just like me

世上有很多人和我一样

thousands and thousands who died for the freedom

千千万万的人为自由而献身

to define their own lives for themselves.

来诠释自己生命的意义

How dare you presume to decide what I should think is important?

你凭什么替我决定,什么才是重要的

Yes when it comes to equality for the gay community

没错,论及同性恋团体的平等权益时

Senator Santorum is wrong.

桑托勒姆参议员的观点是错的

But I am far more insulted by your highhanded implication

但我更不能接受,你专横地暗示

that I need your protection. Sir I...

我需要你的保护,先生,我...

Shut up! I'll let you know when I'm finished.

闭嘴,我说完了会告诉你的

I came on this program because Rick Santorum believes

我上这节目,是因为里克·桑托勒姆认为

that the right to kill an unborn child is not inalienable.

杀害胎儿的权利,并非不可剥夺

And I stand with Rick Santorum.

我认同里克·桑托勒姆

And I stand with the Catholic Church.

也认同天主教会

I am not defined by my blackness.

我并不仅仅是黑人

I am not defined by my gayness.

也不仅仅是同性恋

And if that doesn't fit your narrowminded expectation of who I'm supposed to be

如果这不符合你对我狭隘的定义

I don't give a damn

我毫不在意

because I'm not defined by you either.

因为我也并不由你来定义

So get this through your head.

用你的脑子好好想想吧

I don't need your help.

我不需要你的援手

Mr. Wall?

沃尔先生

Does Mr. Santorum think you're fit to be a teacher?

桑托勒姆先生认为你适合当教师吗

No.

不,

We'll be back after this.

我们稍后回来

He has students.

他有学生

And parents.

有父母

And friends.

有朋友

And colleagues. And strangers.

有同事,以及陌生人

I was the bully.

我才是恶霸

You've got to give me credit for

你至少得承认

uniting the far right the gay community and blacks in their dislike of me.

我利用大家对我的不满,把极右派,同性恋团体和黑人团结了起来(极端右派,崇尚社会分级以及支持特权阶级)

The Internet exploded.

网上都炸开锅了

Everybody thought I'd become unhinged.

所有人都觉得我疯了

It sort of brought back this thing

有点像是回到一年前

that happened about a year ago at Northwestern.

在西北大学发生的那件事

When you yelled at a student.

你冲着一个学生大吼

I scared her.

我吓到她了

All right.

好吧

All right.

是啊

That's "News Night."

以上就是《晚间新闻》

Thanks for washing us watching us.

感谢您的收刊...收看

Let me get out of here. End the broadcast.

播报结束,说结束语,

I'm Will McAvoy. Attaboy.

我是威尔·麦卡沃伊,乖孩子,

Terry Smith is coming up mercifully

接下来由泰利·史密斯

with the "Capitol Report" from Washington.

从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》

Good night.

晚安

If you're here to make me feel better it's not necessary.

你不必来安慰我

You think I'm here to make you feel better?

你以为我是来安慰你的

The story is right.

报道没有错

In this one case I don't give a damn about on the record off the record.

这件事上,我才不在乎什么"公开""私下"

And no one in Fukushima does either. I do.

福岛上的人也不在乎,我在乎,

The story is right.

报道没有错

His spokesman denied it on the air.

发言人在直播时否认了

He said it to me.

他亲口对我说的

And you got proof of that I can bounce off our satellite?

你有证据能让我播出来吗

No. Is Maggie into Jim?

没有,玛姬喜欢上吉姆了吗,

For Christ's sake we're talking about radia...what?

上帝啊,辐射关系到...什么

Am I losing Maggie?

玛姬要离开我了吗

No.

不会的

Are you good at knowing these things?

这种事你很懂吗

No.

不懂

Make sure he's at Dr. Habib's office at 10:00 tomorrow.

确保他明早十点去看哈比卜医生

When are you and me gonna get busy huh?

何时咱俩能凑一对啊

I'm flattered but you'd crush me.

多谢美意,但你会把我压扁的

That's true. That's happened before.

的确,以前发生过

Dress up like a tailback and he won't be able to lay a hand on you.

你穿上橄榄球服,他就不敢碰你了

Shrimp boat if I wasn't being paid to keep you alive...

软脚虾,要不是有人付我钱保你活着...

Let's go. Hey girl!

咱们走吧,丫头,

Do you really have to call her that?

你非得这么叫她吗

She's packing up her office.

她都在收拾东西了

She's gonna unpack her office 'cause I figured a way out.

她会把东西再摆回去,因为我有招了

What?

什么

The Japanese words for four and seven sound alike.

日语的四和七发音很像

Hey girl! Yes?

丫头,怎么,

Come on down.

快下来

I am here.

我来了

What's the Japanese word for four?

日语的四怎么说

Shi.

What's the Japanese word for seven?

日语的七怎么说

Shichi.

しち

Those words are easy to mix up.

这俩词很容易混淆

No they're not. Yes they are.

才不会,绝对会,

Not for someone who's fluent in Japanese.

精通日语的人不会搞混

You're not fluent in Japanese. Yes I am.

你不精通日语,我精通,

No you're not.

你不精通

That's how you mixed up the numbers

所以你才会在预采访时

when you were talking to Tanaka in the preinterview.

把数字给弄混了

No it's for exactly that reason

不对,而且正因如此

that there are two words for four and two words for seven.

所以日文中四和七都有两种念法

Yon and nana.

よ和なな

And it went from a four to a five to a seven.

况且是从四级"升"至五级再"升"至七级

That sounds very complicated.

听起来很复杂

Not if you're fluent in Japanese.

精通日语就不复杂

You're not anymore.

你不再精通了

You're gonna go on TV tonight during Elliot's show

你今晚上埃利奥特的节目

which I pray to God Elliot is hosting.

上帝保佑今晚是他主持

He is. And you're going to apologize and explain your error.

是他,你作出道歉并解释所犯的错,

In exchange Daisuke Tanaka is going to say

而田中大辅则会声称

that you made it clear that you were on the record

你当时明确表示,对话内容是公开的

and he doesn't have to resign and you don't have to be suspended.

这样他不用辞职,你也不用停职

We're all just going to lie and I'm going to look stupid.

我们这样撒谎,我会被当成傻子

You bet. One more thing. What?

没错,还有一件事,什么,

Fukushima's announcing the radiation levels are a seven.

福岛把核事故等级提到了七级

Thank you.

谢谢

I don't know what the hell you're thanking me for.

我不知道你为什么要谢我

Well it takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

承认错误,需要宽广的胸襟

That isn't even remotely what I am doing.

我根本就没这意思

Hang on she's got to go on the air and say she made a mistake

等等,她得上电视承认自己犯了错

that her Japanese is poor...

说她日语不好...

Which it certainly is not. Just... God.

绝不是真的,就...神啊,

She's gonna go on the air and say she thought it was a seven

她得上电视说,她以为自己听到的是七

when it's really a four that then moved up to a five

其实是四级调到五级

and she's really sorry but also now it's really a seven?

她非常抱歉,但现在真的是七级了

It won't be our proudest moment but it'll save the guy's job.

这是不光彩,但至少能挽回那家伙的工作

Save his honor.

和他的名誉

Help very slightly with our increasingly dingedup reputation

对我们日益沉沦的声誉也稍有帮助

and it'll help the girl

还能帮到这丫头

who we will now go back to addressing as Sloan or Miss Sabbith.

从今以后,管你叫斯隆,或莎碧斯小姐

Will.

威尔

You want me to lie?

你要我撒谎吗

On television?

在电视上

From a news desk with the ACN bug in the corner?

带着ACN台标的新闻台上

I do.

是的

And if there's any fallout

不论结果如何

I'll be standing right next to you and in front.

我都会站在你身边,挡在你身前

I'll always be standing right next to you and in front.

我会永远站在你身边,挡在你身前

We fucked up.

我们搞砸了

Let's just live with that now.

只能自己咽下去

We lied on television from the news desk.

我们在新闻间里对着电视镜头撒了谎

It was a pretty harmless lie wasn't it?

无伤大雅的小谎而已,不是吗

You know how many air hours I've spent railing against lying?

你知道我花了多长时间拆穿谎言

Calling people out on it?

点名道姓地叫板吗

We're the news and we're all gonna know we lied for the rest of our lives.

我们是新闻人,这辈子都会记得自己撒了谎

All right so it turns out you know what you're doing.

好吧,原来你的确有两手

So I'm sorry I've been a jerk.

我刚才很混蛋,抱歉

Obviously the reason I can't sleep is the Santorum aide.

很明显,我睡不着是因为桑托勒姆的助手

And I haven't talked to anyone about it so I was trying...

而我没跟别人说过,所以我想...

Bacon. What?

培根,什么,

The bacon egg and cheese sandwiches.

培根鸡蛋芝士三明治

Bacon has tyramine

培根里有酪胺

which increases the release of norepinephrine

能加速去甲肾上腺素的分泌

which is a neurostimulant. When did you figure that out?

是种神经兴奋剂,你什么时候想到的,

When you said you made bacon egg and cheese sandwiches.

你提到培根鸡蛋芝士三明治的时候

That was like an hour ago! Yeah.

那是一小时之前了,没错,

Will listen and I'm going to write you a mild prescription

威尔,我会给你开一剂温和的药

but you should come back.

但你该继续来

If you don't like me see someone else.

你若不喜欢我,去找别人

But see someone. You've had a lot going on for a long time.

但你要和人谈谈,你强撑太久了

Very serious stuff. And by the way

情况很严重,还有

you should be at an AlAnon meeting at least once a week.

你每周至少应该参加一次匿名戒酒会

You have a lot going on now.

你的身边发生太多的事

You're being hunted.

你遭受追杀

In the press

在媒体上

on the Internet

在网络上

very possibly literally.

还很可能在现实中

This whole file here from four years ago every page is about Mackenzie.

这本档案是四年前的,每页都和麦肯兹有关

In these notes are a lot of evidence

档案里有大量证据表明

that you're experiencing acute depression

你有急性抑郁症

and doing a masterful job covering it.

却掩藏得不露痕迹

That's done.

已经过去了

Buying the ring was not normal.

买戒指不正常

I don't know what else to call it. It wasn't normal.

我不知该怎么说,就是不正常

It really doesn't take a team of Viennese specialists

不需要一整队的维也纳专家

to see that you have unresolved issues with Mackenzie.

也能看出来,你和麦肯兹的关系还没完

No my feelings are completely resolved.

错,我对她的感情已经彻底完结了

She's a good friend and my most trusted partner.

她是个好朋友,也是我最信任的伙伴

The ring was just a prank.

戒指只是个恶作剧

I know what you think of all this.

我知道你是怎么想的

But I would really urge you

但我真心希望你

to spend an hour a week faking it.

每周花上一小时,假装你还有感情

That's it. Our time's up.

好了,时间到

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xwbjsjj/518443.html