《再见,克里斯托弗·罗宾》精讲17 米恩与太太争吵(在线收听

The country is wounded, Daph.

这个国家遍体鳞伤,达芙

It's lost men, yes.

这个国家失去了很多子民,对

But it's lost more than that.

可这个国家还失去了更多的东西

We need a sense of purpose. Don't you see?

我们需要一个使命感,你不明白吗?

The nations of the world, they got together and banned slavery.

世界上的国家联合起来废除奴隶制

What if we did the same with war?

要是我们对战争也这样做呢?

What if we all, all nations, got together and decided...

要是我们所有的国家联合起来决定

...that when there was a conflict, when there was a dispute, war was no way to settle it.

有冲突和争议时不用战争来解决

War would go the way of the slave trade.

战争就会象奴隶买卖一样消失

Yes, that proves my point exactly.

对,那充分说明了了我的观点

No, you weren't making a point.

不,你并没有提出任何观点

My point is I have to go to London to look at Whiteleys' new wallpaper collection.

我的观点是我必须去伦敦看惠特利的新墙纸系列

Right. Fine. Yes, it is fine.

好,没问题 对,没问题

Because do you know what writing a book against war is like?

你知道写一本反战的书象什么吗?

No. Tell me.

不,告诉我

It's like writing a bookagainst Wednesdays.

那就象写一本反对星期三的书

Wednesdays, Blue, are a fact of life...

布鲁,星期三是生活的一个事实

...and if you don't like them, you could stay in bed but you can't stop them...

如果你不喜欢,你可以卧床 可你无法阻止

...because Wednesdays are coming

因为星期三一定会来

and if today isn't actually a Wednesday it soon will be.

如果今天不是星期三,很快也会是

Goodbye.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjklstflbjj/519457.html