欧美文化博览 希特勒的黑暗魅力—崛起的魅力(29)(在线收听

Less than 1% of Germans were Jewish,and few dared to now claim they were Communists.

当时德国只有不到1%的犹太人,几乎没有人敢承认自己是共产党。

So the vast majority of Germans were not at risk from prosecution as long as they embraced the new world of Nazism.

大部分德国人没有遭迫害,只要他们拥护纳粹主义的新世界即可。

And since unemployment was falling and the economy seemed to be picking up,many ordinary Germans now felt this was the beginning of a new, more optimistic era.

由于失业率降低,经济似乎也开始回暖,很多德国老百姓觉得,这是乐观的新时代。

At first, you were carried along by a wave of hope,because we had it better.

引自德国学生记述 起初我们心中充满希望,因为社会变好了。

We had order in the country. We had, well, security.

国家有了秩序,人人有安全感。

In particular, the young were taught the Nazi world view.

特别是年轻人的纳粹世界观中。

Most importantly, that Hitler was a flawless leader.

最重要,希特勒是完美的领导人。

These members of the Hitler Youth were the future soldiers of Germany,from whom Hitler would demand absolute loyalty.

这些青年团成员,是德国未来士兵,希特勒要求他们绝对忠诚。

It was hammered into us even in the Hitler Youth-Germany must live, even if we have to die.

在青年团中我们被灌输这种思想,德国必须生存,即使要牺牲性命。

Then, I realised that people in the Hitler Youth had a vulgar way of dealing with each other.

当我看到其成员时,对待彼此都很粗鲁时。

A very unpleasant and violent manner was customary.

不客气和暴力习以为常。

The way, for example, we were told,

例如我们被告知。

If your teachers haven't yet grasped this new era,then smack them in the mouth!

若你们的老师还不认可这个新纪元,就去掌掴他嘴巴。

Now that they were in power, many of those close to Hitler found their belief in him had intensified still further.

现纳粹掌权,本跟希特勒共事的人,对他信心更是有增无减。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omwhbl/520633.html