《绝望的主妇》精讲139(在线收听

When my mom died, I was bounced around from relative to relative,

我妈妈过世后,我就被亲戚们踢来踢去

Most of them dirt-poor.

他们大多数都一贫如洗

We were on the receiving end of a lot of charity.

我们接受了很多慈善帮助

I spent plenty of time in places like this.

像今天这种慈善活动我可是常客

And I hated it.

我厌恶这个地方

They hand you something: a, uh, a dented can of food or an ugly shirt.

你是说有人施舍你东西:比如过期的罐头或是一件难看的衣服

And someone tells you, "Say 'thank you' to the nice lady."

还有人逼你说"快谢谢这个漂亮阿姨"

And you do, but secretly, you wanna scream, "I hate you."

你虽照做,但心里想喊的是"我恨你"

I know what it's like to claw your way out of something.

我理解被施舍的感觉

Look at us... having things in common.

瞧啊……咱们总算有共同点了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/521087.html