《绝望的主妇》精讲220(在线收听

Reverend Sykes. What a nice surprise!

Sykes神父,真是惊喜啊!

That's quite a crowd out front.

前边排队的人真多

I practically had to fight my way in.

我是挤进来的

Well, ever since I took over the kitchen, we've been jam-packed.

哦 自从我接手厨房以后,我们就人满为患了

Thank you so much for suggesting I get involved.

谢谢你建议我来参与

I have never felt more needed or important in my whole life.

我这辈子从来没感觉自己这么重要过

The intention of charity is not to make us feel important.

慈善的目的不是要让我们觉得自己重要

Of course not. It's to help people.

当然不是 是为了帮助别人

Feeling important is just a bonus.

成就感只是额外的奖励

So what brings you by?

你是为何而来呢?

I was hoping you could tell me where a homeless person could get a hot meal.

我希望你能告诉我流浪人士在哪可以吃到一顿热汤饭

Well, right here, of course.

哦,当然是在这里

No, Bree.

不是,Bree

Ever since you've turned this soup kitchen into a bisque kitchen,

自从你把供汤厨房变成品汤厨房以后

the homeless don't feel comfortable here.

流浪人士感觉不自在了

Why? I was just trying to make this place special.

为什么? 我只是想让这地方变的特别

It was already special. It was home for them until you took that away.

已经很特别了,这本是他们的家,直到你把它夺走

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522028.html