《唐顿庄园》精讲80 她是正确的(在线收听

You don't have to worry - she may be President,

请不必担忧 她是院长

but I am the Patron so you're quite safe with me. Please.

但我是赞助人 不用担心自己会丢了工作

My mother was right, then. The man's life was saved.

这么说我母亲是对的 她先生得救了

Well, I like to think we were both right.

我当时跟您母亲的想法一致

But I'm not sure Lady Grantham will be so easily convinced.

只是老伯爵夫人没那么好说服

Then we must strengthen the argument.

那就据理力争

Cousin Isobel wants something to do very well.

Isobel堂嫂想找些事做

Let's make her Chairman of the Board.

就让她做董事会主席吧

She'd like that, wouldn't she?

她会接受吧

Certainly she would.

当然了

Then my mother will have to listen to her.

我母亲将必须听命于她了

She's been an absolute ruler there for long enough.

她独断专权太久了

It's time for some loyal opposition.

需要些逆耳忠言

Well, if you're quite certain, my lord.

您决定便是 阁下

What were you going to say?

你想说什么

Well, at the risk of being impertinent, on your own head be it.

恕我无礼 就靠您撑腰了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523286.html