《唐顿庄园》精讲81 你是未来庄园的继承者(在线收听

About your scheme for restoring the estate cottages.

庄园的重建计划 我们要谈谈了

You don't mind my interfering?

不介意我插手吗

My dear fellow, I brought you here to interfere.

叫你来 就是让你插手的

In fact, why don't you stay for dinner and we'll talk about it?

留下来用晚餐吧 席间详聊

We'll send down to Molesley for your clothes.

让Molesley把你的衣物送来

I better not. My mother's expecting me.

还是不了 母亲等着我回去

In fact, I've been meaning to speak to you about Molesley.

正好 我一直想和您说Molesley的事

Oh? Would you find me very ungrateful if I dispensed with his services?

如果我辞去他 是不是太不领情了

Why? Has he displeased you in some way?

为何 他令你不悦吗

Not at all. It's simply that he's superfluous to our style of living.

不是 在我的生活里 并不需要他

Is that quite fair?

这公平吗

To deprive a man of his livelihood when he's done nothing wrong?

无缘无故 剥夺一个人的生计

Well, I wouldn't quite put it...

我不是这个意思

Your mother derives satisfaction from her work at the hospital,

你母亲通过医院的工作 获得了满足感

I think, some sense of self-worth?

实现了个人价值 对吗

Well, certainly.

那是当然

Would you really deny the same to poor old Molesley?

Molesley的事 不也是一个道理吗

And when you are master here, is the butler to be dismissed, or the footman?

等你成了庄园主 也要解雇这里的管家和男仆吗

How many maids or kitchen staff will be allowed to stay?

多少女仆和厨工能留下来

Or must every one be driven out?

还是每个人都要被赶走

We all have different parts to play, Matthew.

每个人在世上都有分工

And we must all be allowed to play them.

都应当有施展拳脚的机会

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523287.html