读者文摘:互联网时代如何保护隐私(9)(在线收听

If you’re worried about your phone acting as a tracker...

如果你担心你的手机会成为一个追踪者...

Turn off Location Services for all apps except maps and others that expressly need to know where you are.

关闭所有应用程序的定位服务,除了地图和其他明确需要知道你在哪里的应用程序。

You can do this in Settings, under Privacy and Location.

您可以在“设置”中“隐私”和“位置”下进行此操作。

If you’re worried about in-home devices listening to or watching you ...

如果你担心家用设备监听或监视你...

Hunt around in the device’s menu or mobile app for privacy settings so you can opt out.

在设备的菜单或移动应用程序中搜索隐私设置,你可以选择退出。

Mute smart speakers when you’re not using them.

当你不使用的时候使智能扬声器静音。

If you’re worried about your car knowing too much about you...

如果你担心你的车对你了解太多...

Unfortunately, you can’t opt out of your car’s built-in computers collecting data.

不幸的是,你无法选择不使用汽车内置的收集数据的电脑。

But you can minimize how often you pair your smartphone with your vehicle’s infotainment system.

但你可以将智能手机与车载信息娱乐系统相配对的频率降到最低。

If you’re worried about being tagged in photos on social media...

如果你担心在社交媒体的照片中被标记...

Tell friends you don’t want to be tagged,

告诉朋友你不想被标记,

and opt out of being auto-matically tagged in other people’s Facebook photos by going to Settings, then Face Recognition.

然后进入设置,面部识别,选择不被别人的Facebook照片自动标记。

(Instagram doesn’t use facial recognition.)

(照片墙应用不使用面部识别。)

If you’re worried about tech giants tracking everything you do ...

如果你担心科技巨头跟踪你所做的一切...

Sign out once in a while. For example, make sure you’re logged out of Gmail before you watch YouTube;

偶尔退出一下。例如,确保你在观看油管视频之前已经退出了谷歌邮箱;

otherwise Google will know your viewing habits.

否则谷歌会知道你的收视习惯。

And don’t use Facebook to sign in to other websites.

不要用脸书账号登录其他网站。

If you’re worried that the government isn’t doing enough to protect your privacy ...

如果你担心政府在保护你的隐私方面做得不够...

Europe has a law that gives people the right to know who shares their personal information and the ability to opt out.

欧洲的法律规定,人们有权知道谁分享了他们的个人信息,并有权选择退出。

A new California law is this country’s first step in that direction.

一项新的加州法律是这个国家朝着这个方向迈出的第一步。

So if you’ve noticed a link lately that says “Don’t sell my personal information” or something similar, that’s why.

所以,如果你最近注意到一个链接说“不要出售我的个人信息”或类似的东西,这就是原因。

(The law affects all Americans.) A national proposal, the Consumer Online Privacy Rights Act ( COPRA ), is in the Senate, awaiting review.

(这项法律影响所有美国人。)一项名为《消费者在线隐私权法案》的全国性提案正在参议院等待审议。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/523946.html