读者文摘:如何随时随地找到安宁(3)(在线收听

All right. One, sit comfortably.

好了,第一步,舒服地坐好。

It's best to have your spine reasonably straight, which may help prevent an involuntary nap.

脊柱最好保持挺直,这有助于防止不自觉的睡着。

If you want to sit cross-legged on the floor, go for it.

如果你想盘腿坐在地板上,那就试试吧。

If not, just sit in a chair, as I do.

如果不想这么做,就和我一样坐在椅子上。

You can close your eyes or, if you prefer, leave them open and adjust your gaze to a neutral point on the ground.

你可以闭上眼睛,或者如果你愿意的话,可以睁着眼睛,然后把目光调整到地面的一个空点上。

Number Two: Bring your full attention to the feeling of your breath coming in and out.

第二步:把全部注意力集中到吸气和呼气上。

Pick a spot where it's most prominent: your chest, your belly, or your nostrils.

选一个最突出的部位:你的胸部、腹部或者鼻孔。

You're not thinking about your breath; you're just feeling the physical sensations.

你不是去想呼吸,只是在感觉身体的感受。

To help maintain focus, make a quiet mental note on each in breath and out breath, like "in" and "out."

为了帮助保持注意力集中,每次吸入和呼出时静想一下,比如“吸入”、“呼出”。

Every time you catch yourself wandering, escort your attention back to the breath.

每次你发现自己走神了,就把注意力聚集到呼吸上。

This third step is the key.

第三步是关键。

As soon as you try to focus on your breath, you'll start having all sorts of random thoughts,

一旦你试着把精力集中于呼吸,就会开始有各种各样的想法,

such as: What's for lunch? Do I need a haircut? What was Casper the Friendly Ghost before he died?

比如:午餐吃什么?我需要理发吗?鬼马小精灵卡斯珀死前是什么?

Who was the Susan after whom they named the lazy Susan, and how did she feel about it?

自从有了餐桌转盘(lazy Susan)这种叫法后,苏珊是谁?她对此有何感想?

This is totally normal. The whole game is to notice when you're distracted and begin again.

这完全正常。整件事就是注意到你什么时候分心,然后再重新开始。

And again. And again. It is like a biceps curl for the brain.

一次又一次、一次又一次,就像给大脑做胸前弯举。

It is also a radical act: You're breaking a lifetime's habit of walking around in a fog of rumination and projection,

这也是一种全新的行为:你打破了一辈子在沉思和投射的迷雾中徘徊的习惯,

and focusing on what's happening right now.

专注于现在发生的事情。

People assume they can never meditate because they can't stop thinking.

人们认为他们永远不会冥想,因为他们无法停止思考。

I cannot say this enough: The goal is not to clear your mind but to focus your mind—for a few nanoseconds at a time—

我得多说几句:我们的目标不是让你头脑清醒,而是让你的思想集中在几毫微秒的时间里,

and whenever you become distracted, just start again.

每当你分心时,就重新开始。

Getting lost and starting over is not failing at meditation. It is succeeding.

走神后重新开始并不是说冥想失败了,而是成功了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/524364.html