《丑女贝蒂》精讲 31无事不登三宝殿(在线收听

Betty: What are you doing here?

你来干什么?

Daniel: Wanna talk. So, a nice place.

想找你聊聊。这地方不错。

Betty: Yeah, we just invited an interior designers.

是啊,我们是请室内设计师设计的。

Daniel: Really?

是吗?

Betty: No.

不是。

Daniel: Oh, right. It's a joke.

哦,明白了,这是个笑话。

Betty, I am so sorry. You didn't deserve what I put you through.

Betty,我很抱歉。我不该让你经受那些事情。

I…I listened to all the wrong people about a lot of things,

我听那些不对的人讲了很多事情。

and... I have no one to blame but myself.

还有,我除了自己外不能去指责他人。

Betty: Well, I appreciate that, Daniel.

听到这些我很欣慰,

But you're going to leave here, and you're going to take your town car back to your soho loft,

但是你也得马上离开。开上你的车子,回到你的工作室去。

and I'm still going to be here…out of work,

而我继续呆在这里……失业,

and dealing with problems that you'll never understand.

处理一些你永远不会理解的难题。

Daniel: Try me.

让我试试。

Betty, come on, we've all got problems.

Betty,别这样,谁都会遇到难题的。

Betty: Oh, and what are yours, Daniel,

哦,那你的是什么呢,

what restaurant you're going to eat at,

Daniel要去哪个饭馆吃饭?

which model you're going to sleep with?

要和哪个模特睡觉?

Try spending the day on the phone with some crappy H.M.O.

一下整天都在电话旁,跟可恶的健康维护组织磨蹭,

getting them to cover your dad's prescriptions.

让他们接受爸爸的医疗费,

Or try lining up a job…any job…because you have to help pay the rent next month.

或者试试找工作……随便什么工作……因为你要帮忙付下个月的房租。

Daniel: Look... I lost a brother a while back.

瞧……我之前已经失去了一个兄弟在我们家,

He was the good one in our family, and I've never quite measured up, but I am trying.

他是很不错的,而我一直都不怎么上道,但我在努力。

Betty, I…I could never compare my problems to yours, but they're mine. Nothing's ever easy.

Betty,我……我永远都无法拿我的困难与你相比较,但它们是我的,世上没有容易的事情,

Betty, I saw the layout you made for Fabia.

我看见你替Fabia做的计划了。

Betty: You did?

你看见了?

Daniel: I thought it was very smart and beautiful.

我觉得那做的很聪明而且漂亮。

Betty: Well, thank you.

哦,谢谢。

Daniel: I want to take your ideas to Fabia, giving you credit, of course.

我要把你的主意拿去告诉Ffabia,当然算在你头上。

And I really want you to come back, be my assistant. I promise you things will be different.

我真的需要你回来,做我的助理。我向你保证一切都会不同的。

Betty: I…Daniel, I…I mean, I…I really have to think about that.

我……Daniel,我……我是说,我真的需要好好考虑一下。

Daniel: Well... you have tonight, otherwise, I'll probably be out of a job as well.

好的……你今晚好好想想,不然的话,可能我和你一样也会失业。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525091.html