《丑女贝蒂》精讲 52隔墙有耳(在线收听

Christina:Love, you're gonna have to slow down.I can't understand what you're saying.Now what exactly is a Gina Gambarro?

亲爱的,你说慢点。我听不懂你在说什么。谁是Gina Gambarro?

Betty:My neighbor.

我的邻居。

She's the one who has the book, and she's holding it, ransom.

她偷了我的样刊,并且拿它作威胁。

Christina:The book?The book with the unretouched photographs of Natalie?Oh, dear.

样刊?有Natalie原始照片的样刊?啊,天哪。

Betty:This is bad, isn't it?

真糟糕,不是吗?

Christina:Uh, well, I wouldn't count on "employee of the month."

呃,我就不指望“员工之星”了。

Betty:Oh, my god!

哦,天哪!

Christina:What?

怎么了?

Betty:Christina, everything up until this point has been a big lie.

Christina,直到现在所有的一切都是骗人的!

I didn't get the job because I was qualified.

公司不是因为我的能力才雇用我的。

I got the job because Bradford Meade didn't want his son to be tempted to sleep with his assistant.

我得到这份工作是因为Bradford Meade不想再让他的儿子被秘书勾引到上床。

Christina:And you have more than proven yourself.

你已经充分证明你的能力了。

Betty:It doesn't matter.I keep getting told that I have to twist the truth to fit in,and maybe I just don't belong to "Mode", and my bunny is paying the price for it.

我的能力这件事情不重要了。总是有人告诉我应该歪曲事实来适应,也许我本就不该来《时尚》的。我的巴尼兔就是为此付出的代价。

Christina:Your bunny?Listen, sweetheart, there's an awful lot of information coming out of your mouth right now, and to be honest, I can't really make any sense of it.

你的巴尼兔?听着,亲爱的,你说的情况很糟糕,而且老实说,我真的搞不懂是怎么回事。

Betty:Look, I just need to come clean to Daniel, tell him the truth.

听着,我得向Daniel开诚布公,告诉他真相。

Christina:Well, the truth might get you fired.

说出真相你会被开除的。

Betty:Well, I need to do it. Bye, Christina.

我一定得这么做。再见,Christina。

Driver:There's hardly any traffic on the bridge, miss. We should be there in no time.

桥上路况很好。小姐。我们马上就到了。

Betty:Great. This must be my lucky day.

太好了。今天肯定是我的幸运日。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525112.html