《特别响,非常近》精讲 18一切都能够重来,唯独时间不行(在线收听

Hey! Wait a minute!

等等

What are you doing?

你在做什么

Who said things should be getting better?

谁说过事情应该好转

So that's it?

就这样了吗

Unh! You wanna go, so go!

你要走是吧 尽管走

I always knew you were my grandfather.

我一开始就知道你是我爷爷

But if you think we'll miss you after you go now,

不过你要是觉得你走后 我们会想你

don't worry, because we won't!

尽管放心吧 因为我们不会

In fact, I should be saying thank you!

事实上 我应该谢谢你

My dad was the greatest dad in the world,

我爸爸是全世界最伟大的爸爸

because you were the worst!

而你是最差劲的爸爸

My dad went to Bronx Science High School,

我爸爸在布朗克斯科学高中上学

where he was manager of the baseball team,

他是棒球队经理

and science editor of the paper!

和校报的科学新闻编辑

When he graduated, he went to Rutgers,

高中毕业后 他去了拉特格斯大学

where he majored in biochemistry.

攻读生物化学专业

He met my mom in a bookstore,

他跟妈妈在书店里相遇

and he asked her to marry him in Norwalk, Connecticut.

在康涅狄格州的诺沃克市 他向妈妈求婚

And every summer, we'd go back to Toby Pond,

每年夏天 我们都会去托比湖

and he would ask her to marry him again.

爸爸每次都会重新跟妈妈求婚

The day I was born, he pressed leaves between wax paper,

我出生那天 他把树叶夹到蜡纸里做成标本

and they still hang in the bedroom window.

现在还挂在卧室的窗户上

He wanted to be a scientist, but he became a jeweler

他本来想当科学家 却为了给家里挣更多钱

so that he could earn money for our family.

而成了个珠宝商

He loved the smell of gasoline.

他喜欢汽油的味道

He hated tomatoes.

他讨厌西红柿

He never talked to me like I was a kid.

他跟我说话时 从不当我是小孩

So, in a way, your boots are heavier than mine.

所以 可以说 你应该比我更难过

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tbxfcjjj/525262.html