奥巴马每周电视讲话:美国总统奥巴马告别演讲(15)(在线收听

And that's why, for the past eight years, I've worked to put the fight against terrorism on a firmer legal footing.

这就是为什么在过去的八年中,我致力于将坚决打击恐怖主义的行动合法化。

That's why we've ended torture, worked to close Gitmo, reformed our laws governing surveillance to protect privacy and civil liberties.

这就是为什么我们终结酷刑、致力于关闭关塔那摩监狱并变革与监管相关的法律以保护公民隐私和自由。

That's why I reject discrimination against Muslim Americans, who are just as patriotic as we are.

这就是为什么我坚决反对针对穆斯林美国人的歧视,他们同我们一样热爱这个国家。

That's why we cannot withdraw from big global fights, to expand democracy, and human rights, and women's rights, and LGBT rights.

这就是为什么我们不能从全球化中撤身,我们应该发扬民主、人权以及对女性和LGBT群体(LGBT是女同(Lesbians)、男同(Gays)、双性恋者(Bisexuals)与跨性别者(Transgender)的英文首字母缩略字。)权利的关注,

No matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring such values may seem, that's part of defending America.

即使我们现在所做的工作并不完善,即使当面临现实问题时,我们总无暇顾及这些价值观。

For the fight against extremism and intolerance and sectarianism and chauvinism are of a piece with the fight against authoritarianism and nationalist aggression.

对极端主义、排斥异己、宗派主义和沙文主义的反抗是反对专制、反对国家主义的一部分。

If the scope of freedom and respect for the rule of law shrinks around the world,

如果在全球范围内对自由和法制的尊重减弱,

the likelihood of war within and between nations increases, and our own freedoms will eventually be threatened.

那么国家间和一国内爆发战争的可能性便会增加,我们自己的自由也就会因此受到威胁。

So let's be vigilant, but not afraid.

所以,我们应该保持警觉,而不是充满恐惧。

ISIL will try to kill innocent people.

企图滥杀无辜的伊斯兰国

But they cannot defeat America unless we betray our Constitution and our principles in the fight.

永远不能战胜我们,除非我们背离了我们的宪法和基本原则;

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/obamadsjh/525377.html