《永远的北极熊》精讲 12(在线收听

We can go catch a movie.

我们可以去看一部电影

We could drive out to Plum Island and look for sea glass.

还可以开车去普拉姆岛找海玻璃

We could go to the Museum of Fine Arts

我们还可以去美术馆

And look at GreatGrandpapa's portrait.

看曾祖父的肖像

Why is his portrait hanging in a museum?

他的肖像为什么会被挂在美术馆

Because a very important artist

因为那是一位很了不起的艺术家

named John Singer Sergeant painted it.

约翰 辛格 沙金画的

Why? Why?

为什么 为什么

Don't you know who we are?

难道你不知道我们是谁吗

That is where your GreatGrandmother Gaga grew up.

那就是你们的曾祖母长大的地方

In that whole house? The whole thing.

那一整栋房子 一整栋

It's the grandest house on Beacon Hill.

在当时 那是笔架山上最豪华的房子

Designed by Bulfinch, a very famous architect.

由布尔芬奇设计 他是个很着名的建筑师

How did they get so rich? Mmm.

他们怎么会那么有钱 嗯

Railroads.

铁路

Your greatgreatgrandfather was once the richest man in Boston.

你们的曾曾曾祖父曾在波士顿 富甲一方

So how come we're so poor?

那我们怎么会这么穷

Well, all of that money was put into a trust.

所有的钱都放进了信托

Nobody could touch it, except for your greatgrandmother.

没人能触碰 除了你曾奶奶

She controls it all, and she decides when to give who what.

她控制了全部的钱 她决定什么时候给谁什么

It's hard to explain.

很难解释

Would you like to see the inside?

你们想去看看里面吗

Are we allowed?

可以吗

We can't just walk up and knock on people's doors.

我们不能直接 过去敲别人家的门吧

Sweetheart. It's Boston. They're practically expecting us.

宝贝 这里是波士顿 他们正在期待着我们呢

Your greatgreatgrandmother and grandfather

你的曾曾曾祖母和祖父

entertained the King and Queen of England.

在英国是侍奉国王和女王的

At this table, the Queen of England

在这张桌子上 英国女王

choked on a chicken bone while she was here.

被一根鸡骨头呛到过

Uh...

呃...

Mr Fabrini will be right out. Thank you.

法布里尼先生马上就来 谢谢

Now, upstairs here, there's a ballroom.

来 楼上有个舞厅

And had these huge fancydress...

还有很多漂亮的大拖尾礼服

Can I help you? Hi. Cam Stuart.

有什么能帮您 嗨 卡姆 斯图亚特

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yydbjxjj/526248.html