《丑女贝蒂》精讲 138你骄傲的公众形象(在线收听

Why the hell was pasty-face hugging me and mumbling something about Tibet?

为什么糨糊脸要拥抱我 说些关于西藏的东西

Oh, um, that might...be because you're being honored at the annual "Style Cares" charity event. Why?

那个可能是因为你被授予年度时尚慈善奖 为什么

Uh, because you...mm... you give a lot of money to orphans in Tibet.

因为你向西藏的孤儿捐助了一大笔钱

When? Over the past five years. How?

什么时候 过去五年间 怎么捐的

Uh, through a tax-deductible charitable foundation set up by your accountant and someone.

通过一个由你的会计师和什么人建立的免税慈善基金

Who? Me. But I only did it because your accountant told me to.

谁 是我 但是我这么做是你的会计师要求的

But the good news, you don't have to traipse across town to some tired old ballroom for event

好消息是 你不需要穿过整个城市去一个破旧的礼堂参加颁奖典礼

because the honoree always hosts the event in their own home.

因为获奖人会在自己家中举办典礼

so that more money can go to the orphans.

就可以有更多的钱可以捐给孤儿们

When, exactly, were you going to tell me about all of this?

你是打算什么时候再告诉我这些

The day before the event. So you'd have less time to hit me.

典礼前一天 那样你就没有时间打我了

Think of the tiny baby orphans...and your public image.

想一想可怜的孤儿小宝宝 还有你的公众形象

I suppose you made a good point about my public image

我想关于我的公众形象你说得没错

But who the hell would get excited about a charity event?

但是谁会为慈善典礼而感到兴奋

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/526581.html