《欲望都市》精讲 09我十分理解你的想法(在线收听

You see that guy?

看见那个人没?

He's the next Donald Trump, except he's younger and much better looking.

他将成为下一个唐纳德·特朗普,不过他更年轻,也更帅气。

Hi.

你好啊。

Do you know him?

你认识他?

No, I've never seen him in my life.

不,从没见过。

He usually dates models, but, hey, I'm as good looking as a model, plus I own my own business.

他通常只跟模特约会,不过,我可是像模特一样漂亮,更何况我还有自己的事业。

Samantha had the kind of deluded self-confidence that caused men like Ross Perot to run for President.

萨曼莎有一种蛊惑人心的自信,这种自信可以让罗斯·佩罗去竞选总统。

And it usually got her what she wanted.

不过这自信通常都能让她得到她想要的。

Well, if you're not gonna hit on him, I will.

好,如果你不想上的话,我可要上了。

And there she went, off to take her best shot with Mr. Big.

于是,她开始用浑身解数向那个大人物发起攻势。

Meanwhile, Charlotte York was passing the most splendid evening with Capote Duncan.

与此同时,夏洛特整合卡博·邓肯度过最美妙的夜晚。

Want to go back to my place and see the Ross Bleckner?

要不要到我家去看看罗斯·布雷克纳的作品?

I'd love to, but it's really getting late.

我很想去,不过现在太晚了。

No problem.

没关系。

What year was it painted again?

是哪年的作品?

89.

89年的。

Though Charlotte was determined to play hard-to-get, she didn't want to end the evening too abruptly.

夏洛特虽然想玩欲擒故纵,但也不愿就这样唐突地结束。

Well... Maybe just for a minute.

那么,就去看一下吧。

This could easily go for a hundred grand. Ross is so hot right now. It's beautiful.

这幅画可以轻易地卖到十万美元。罗斯的作品现在很抢手。真是太美了。

No, you're beautiful.

不,你才美。

Thank you... for tonight. I had a wonderful time.

谢谢……这样一个美好的夜晚,我过得很愉快。

Well, it was my pleasure.

这是我的荣幸。

I have to get up really early tomorrow.

我明天还要早起。

I'll get you a cab.

我帮你叫辆出租车。

Charlotte thought she'd played the entire evening flawlessly.

夏洛特感觉自己整个晚上都表现得无懈可击。

So, what are you doing next Saturday?

你下周六有什么安排?

I'm having dinner with you.

跟你一起吃饭。

Hey, hey, you're going to the West Side, right?

嘿,你要到西区,对吗?

Right, West Fourth and Bank please.

是的。请到西四街和银行路口。

Scoot over, will you?

挪过去一点,好吗?

Two stops, Fourth and Bank and west Broadway and Broome.

去两个地方,西四街和银行路口,还有百老汇和布鲁梅路口。

You're going to Chaos?

你要去“混乱”俱乐部?

Oh, yeah.

是啊。

Why?

为什么?

Look, I understand where you're coming from and I totally respect it.

听我说,我十分理解你的想法,并且完全尊重你。

But I really need to have sex tonight.

但我今晚真的需要做爱。

Back at Chaos, things were swinging into high gear and Samantha was putting the moves on Mr. Big.

同时在“混乱”俱乐部,好戏刚刚上演。萨曼莎正移向她的目标——大人物。

I've been smoking cigars for years, when they were terminally uncool.

我抽雪茄好多年了,那时候这还不怎么时髦。

I've got a source that sends me Hondurans. Do you want to try one?

我可以通过关系弄到“洪都拉斯”,要不要试试?

No, thank you.

不用了,谢谢。

You can't find them anywhere.

那可不是能在其他地方随便买得到的。

Cohabits—that's all I smoke.

我只抽“柯哈比兹”。

Look, I do the PR for this club and I have a key to the private room downstairs.

那个,我是这家俱乐部的公关。我有一把楼下私人房间的钥匙。

Really?

是吗?

You want a private tour?

要不要来一趟私密之旅?

No thanks, but maybe another time.

不用了,谢谢,改日吧。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywdsjj/527317.html