纪录片《长生不老》 01不老药(在线收听

For centuries, scientists have been attempting

几个世纪以来 科学家们都在尝试

to come up with an elixir of youth.

发明一种不老药

I did not know,

我不知道

would I look twenty years younger two weeks later?

自己是否会在两周后看上去年轻二十岁

It's leading them to take extreme measures.

为了青春永驻 他们采取一些极端的方法

It was extremely risky to be taking this molecule.

摄入这些分子很危险

I think I was probably the first

我想我可能是第一个

to be taking large amounts of this molecule.

大量摄入这些分子的人

Remarkable individuals promise

一些异常的个体暗示着

a way of unravelling the mystery of ageing.

揭开年龄之谜的方法

I look at my grandchild and realise he's older than me.

我发现我孙子看上去比我老

Shocking results in laboratories

实验室里种种惊人的结果

are challenging what we thought we knew.

正在挑战我们自以为知道的东西

Anti-oxidants are a multi-million dollar industry

生产抗氧化剂是非常赚钱的

and people didn't want to accept what we found.

而人们却不愿接受我们的发现

Some people's bodies are breaking all known rules.

一些人体打破了所有已知的规则

We have a woman who just celebrated 95 years

有个妇女每天抽两盒烟

of two packs of cigarette smoking.

到现在已经有95年烟龄了

And revealing

这揭示了

the astonishing powers of the mind over how we age.

心态远比年龄有着更大的影响

We have enormous control over our health and well being

我们刚开始意识到

that we're only beginning to become aware of.

我们很大程度上控制着自己的身心健康

How close have we got to finding an elixir of youth?

我们离不老药的出现还要多久

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcsbl/528776.html