《金银岛》第十五章 寻宝结局(6)(在线收听

Silver has gone,he told us,but not empty-handed.

西尔弗跑了,他说,但不是空手走的,

He's taken one of the bags of coins,perhps worth three or four hundred guineas.

他带走了一袋子金币,大概值三四百畿尼。

I think we were all pleased to lose the scoundrel at so small a price.

我觉得大家都为这么便宜就甩掉了这个恶棍而感到高兴。

We found a crew for the ship at the port,and then had a good voyage home.

我们在港口找了几个船员,一路平安回到英国。

Only five of the men who had sailed from Bristol with the Hispaniola returned with her.

随伊斯帕尼奥拉号从布里斯托尔出航的全体人员只有五个人回来。

We all took a large piece of the treasure,and some used it sensibly,and some did not.

我们每个人都分得一大笔财宝,有的人花得很谨慎,有的人则不然。

Captain Smollett no longer goes to sea.

斯摩列特船长不再出海了,

Gray saved his money and is now half-owner and captain of a fine ship.

格雷把钱存起来,现在已是一艘装备优良的船的合股船主兼船长。

Ben Gunn got a thousand pounds which he spent or lost in three weeks,then he came begging and was given a job as a gatekeeper.

本·葛恩分得了1000英镑但不到三个星期就花光了,成了一名乞丐,后来找到一个看门人的活计。

Of Silver we have heard no more.

至于西尔弗,我们没有再听到有关他的任何消息。

That frightening seaman with one leg has gone out of my lift.

那个可怕的独腿海员总算从我的生活中消失了。

I will never return to Treasure Island,

我永远不会再回到金银岛上,

but in my worst dreams I still hear the sharp,high scream of Captain Flint the parrot:Pieces of eight!Pieces of eight!

但在我的噩梦中常常响起那只叫弗林特船长的鹦鹉那尖厉的叫声:八个里亚尔!八个里亚尔!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jydzysyysdw/529008.html