纪录片《饮食变迁》 第26期:神奇的减肥药(在线收听

There was still demand for a drug

还需要一些药物

that could suppress the appetite to bring down weight.

可以抑制食欲以便降低体重

In 1994, two drugs that were already on the market were combined.

1994年 两种已经上市的药物被结合起来

Together, they became very potent

二者共同使用 成效卓著

and users lost around a fifth of their body weight.

使用者减掉了约自身重量的15%

The drugs looked like a miracle cure

这种药物看起来似乎效果神奇

and became affectionately known as Fen-Phen.

被亲切地称为芬-芬

I lost 64 pounds

我减了64磅

when I was on the Fen-Phen drugs and I loved every minute of it.

我用芬-芬的时候 每一分钟都享受其中

The weight just literally fell off of me.

体重真正被我甩掉了

It was amazing how rapid the weight loss was.

减这么快简直太神奇了

The Fen-Phen drugs changed something in my brain

芬-芬药使得我的大脑有了某种改变

and I no longer craved... Sugar-free Diet 7 Up.

我不再渴望无糖七喜饮料

I was, like, drinking water, and I no longer craved the fatty

现在喜欢喝水 而且我不再渴望

foods that I'd always loved, and I no

我一直喜欢的脂肪类食物 不再渴望

longer craved all the bad things that I wasn't supposed to eat.

那些不该吃的垃圾食品

I could go through a room

我可以走过放满批萨的房间

full of pizzas and never look twice at them.

而对它们视而不见

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpysbq/529585.html