纪录片《饮食变迁》 第27期:减肥药的致命副作用(在线收听

Fen-Phen took America by storm.

芬-芬像一场风暴席卷了美国

Over six million prescriptions were issued in 1996.

1996一年开出的处方就超过六百万

But by then something had already started to go wrong.

然而 有些事开始不对劲了

This is my liver and my kidneys and my spleen, it's all swollen.

我的肝脏 肾脏 还有脾脏都开始肿大

I look like a man that's pregnant.

我看起来就像一个怀孕的男人

But I've always wanted to

我一直想瘦下来

be skinny and I'm skinny, but I'm not healthy.

我现在是瘦了 但是我不健康

All Carla wanted to do was to lose weight,

卡拉那时只有一个念头 就是减轻体重

but she began to feel ill

但当她开始疗程

just five weeks into her course of treatment.

五个星期后 开始觉得身体抱恙

I had gone to chaperone my middle son's homecoming dance

我去次子的返校舞会做监护人

and I was up dancing with the kids and just having fun with them,

当时我在和孩子们跳舞 玩得正高兴

and all of a sudden my head started pounding

突然我的脑袋开始轰鸣

and my ears started ringing so loudly

我的耳朵大声鸣叫

that I couldn't even hear the music.

以至于我连音乐都听不见了

I went to the hospital and

我去了医院

the next day they transferred me to Salem,

第二天他们把我转到萨利姆那里

and he came into the room and he told me that I had

他走进病房告诉我 我得了

primary pulmonary hypertension and I had two years to live.

早期肺动脉高血压症 只能再活2年

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpysbq/529586.html