《权力的游戏》精讲 第4集:废物(8)(在线收听

And they can kill.

它们还能杀死

Anyone or anything that tries to hurt them gets burned away to nothing

一切胆敢同它们为敌的东西 一切都会被它们的火焰融化

Like so many candles.

就象无数根蜡烛.

Ow.

哦.

Yes. Seeing a dragon would make me very happy.

是的. 看见一条飞龙 会令我非常快乐.

Well, after 15 years in a pleasure house,

嗯, 在窑子里呆了十五年,

I imagine just seeing the sky makes you happy.

我想能看见天空就会令你快乐了.

I was not locked in. I have seen things.

我可没被关起来. 我见得多了.

What have you seen? I've seen

你见过什么? 我见过

A man from Asshai with a dagger of real dragonglass.

一个来自亚夏的人, 带着一把真正的龙晶匕首.

Ooh. I've seen a man who could change his face the way that other men change their clothes.

哦. 我过一个人能够 改变脸的样貌, 就象其他人换衣服一样容易.

And I've seen a pirate who wore his weight in gold and whose ship had sails of colored silk.

我还见过一个海盗, 拥有无数黄金 他的船帆都是用彩色的丝绸制成.

So have you seen one?

那么 你见过那个吗?

A pirate ship? A dragon.

海盗船? 龙.

No. No, the last one died many years before I was born.

没有. 没有, 最后一条龙在我出生前许多年就已经死了.

I'll tell you what I have seen:

我要告诉你我见过的东西:

Their skulls.

它们的头骨.

They used to decorate the throne room in the Red Keep.

曾经被用来装饰红堡的王座厅.

When I was very young, just three or four, my father used to walk me down the rows

那时我还很小, 只有三四岁, 我父亲曾带我走过成排的龙骨

and I'd recite their names for him.

他要我背出它们的名字.

When I got them all right, he'd give me a sweet.

如果我全说对了, 他会给我一块糖.

The ones closest to the door were the last ones they were able to hatch and they were all stunted and wrong.

最靠近大门的头骨属于最后一条成功孵化的龙 因为方法错误而发育不全.

Skulls no bigger than dog skulls.

只有狗的头骨那样大.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qldyxjj/529666.html