《远大前程》第3章 给匹普的一次机会(8)(在线收听

So strange to him,so well-known to me,she whispered.

对他来说,如此陌生,对我来讲习以为常,她自言自语道,

So new to him,so old to me.And so sad to us both!Call Es-tella!

对他新鲜,对我陈旧,而对我们俩是太凄凉了!叫艾丝黛拉!

When Estella finally came,with her candle,along the dark passage,Miss Havisham picked up a jewel from her table and put it in Estella's hair.

最终,艾丝黛拉拿着蜡烛沿着漆黑的过道来了,郝薇香小姐从桌子上拿起一块宝石放在艾丝黛拉头上。

Very pretty,my dear.It will be yours one day.

天哪,真漂亮,它将归你一天,

Now let me see you play cards with this boy.

让我看看你和这孩子玩牌。

With this boy!But he's a common working boy!

和这个孩子!他是一个普通人家的孩子。

I thought I heard Miss Havisham whisper,Well!

我想我听到郝薇香小姐小声说:喂!

You can break his heart!

你能够打碎他的心!

She sat,like a dead body ready for the grave,watching us play cards in the candle-light.

她坐下,像一具要入墓的尸体,在烛光下看着我们玩牌。

I almost wondered if she was afraid that daylight would turn her into dust.

我几乎在想,如果她惧怕阳光,就把她送进尘埃里。

What coarse hands this boy has!

这个孩子的双手多么粗糙!

And what thick boots!cried Estella in disgust,before we had finished our first game.

靴子多么的笨重!我们打完第一局之前,艾丝黛拉厌恶地喊着。

I was suddenly aware that what she said was true.

我忽然意识到,她是对的。

What do you think of her? Whispered Miss Havisham to me.

你认为她怎么样?郝薇香小姐耳语对我说。

I think she's very proud,I whispered back.

我认为她很傲慢,我小声回敬了一句。

Anything else?

还有呢?

I think she's very pretty.

我认为她很美。

Anything else?

还有呢?

I think she's very rude.And-and I'd like to go home.

我认为她不友好,还有——还有我想回家了。

And never see her again,although she's so pretty?

不想再见到她了,尽管她很漂亮?

I don't know.I'd-I'd like to go home now.

我不知道。现在,我想回家了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ydqcsy/530255.html