《远大前程》第4章 一份从陌生人那里来的礼品(4)(在线收听

This,said Miss Havisham,pointing to the table,is where they will put me when I'm dead.

这,郝蔽香小姐指着那张桌子说,是我的葬身之地,

I'll lie on the table,and my relations can come and look at me.

我将躺在桌子上,亲戚们能来看看我。

She put a bony hand on my shoulder,but I didn't want her to touch me.

她把瘦瘦的手放在我肩上。但是,我不让她来碰我。

I was afraid she would die there and then.

我害怕她随时会死去的。

And that,she added,pointing to the yellow shape,that was my wedding cake.

那个,她指着那个黄色的圆形东西补充说,是我的结婚蛋糕,

Mine!She looked all round the room angrily.Come!she said suddenly.

我的!她忿怒地满屋环视了一下,过来!她突然说,

Help me walk round the room.And call Estella!

扶着我在屋里转转,叫艾丝黛拉!

I held her arm to support her as she walked.

我扶着她的手臂支撑着她走走。

We were still going slowly and painfully round the room when Estella brought in the relations who had been waiting downstairs.

当艾丝黛拉带着那些在楼下等候的亲戚到来时,我们仍然在慢慢地、艰难地围着屋子兜圈圈。

They stood watching us at the door.

他们站在门口看着我们,

I thought they blamed me for Miss Havisham's cold manner towards them.

我觉得这些来客把郝薇香小姐对他们的不礼貌行为推到我身上。

Dear Miss Havisham!said one of the ladies lovingly.How well you look!

亲爱的郝薇香小姐!其中一位太太讨好地说,你看上去多么健康呀!

I do not,replied Miss Havisham sharply.I am yellow skin and bone.'

我不好,郝薇香小姐吹毛求疵地回答,脸色蜡黄皮包骨头。

How could Miss Havisham look well,after all her suffer-ing?said a second lady quickly. Impossible!What a silly idea!

郝薇香小姐身体怎么能好呢,毕竟她患了场大病?第二个太太赶紧说,那不可能,多么愚蠢的想法!

And how are you?Miss Havisham asked this lady.

你怎么样?郝薇香小姐问这位太太。

As we were close to her then,I would have stopped,but Miss Havisham insisted on walking past .It seemed rather rude.

当我们靠近她时,我已经停止了脚步。可是,郝薇香小姐坚持走下去,看上去相当粗暴。

Not well at all,'said this lady sadly.

身体一点也不好,这位太太伤心地说,

I don't want to talk too much about my feelings,but-well-I often lie awake at night thinking of you,dear Miss Havisham!'

我不想讲太多的感受。但是—唉—我常常醒着躺在床上整夜地想你,亲爱的郝薇香小姐!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ydqcsy/530262.html