《远大前程》第4章 一份从陌生人那里来的礼品(6)(在线收听

As usual I left the house and walked towards the gate, but this time something strange happened.

我照例离开了这所房屋向大门口走去。但是,这一次有一件奇怪的事情发生了。

In the garden I met a pale young gentleman with fair hair.

在花园里,遇见了一位留着漂亮发式的白面少年绅士。

Hello!he said.Come and fight!This way!

喂!他说,过来打一架!下决心吧!

I was so surprised that I followed him without a word.

我很吃惊,以致我无话可说地跟着他。

Wait a minute,he said,turning round quickly.I must give you a reason for fighting.

等一会儿,他迅速地转过身来说,我必须给你一个打架的理由,

There it is!And he pulled my hair,then pushed his head hard into my stomach.

就这个!他揪着我的头发,用头狠狠地撞我肚子。

I was ready to fight him after this,but he danced abut so much that I couldn't get close to bim.

接着,我准备揍他,但是,他蹦跳地躲着以致我接近不了他。

Follow the laws of the game!he said,eagerly preparing himself for our fight.

注意比赛的规则!他说,渴望准备自己打4局,

He seemed to know so much about fighting that I was very surprised when I knocked him down with my first hit,and then again with my second.

当我第一拳接着再来第二拳把他打倒在地时,他好像知道打如此多的局会使我感到很惊讶。

He always got up immediately and seemed very glad to be fighting in the correct manner.

他总是立即爬起来,似乎对这种合适的手法击打很高兴,

I admired him greatly for his bravery and his cheerfulness.

我很钦佩他的勇敢和爽快。

Finally he had to agree I had won,and we said goodbye.

最后,他不得不同意是我取胜,

When I reached the gate,I found Estella waiting for me.

于是我们互相告别。

She seemed very pleased about something.I wondered if she had been watching our fight.Before I went out,she said,

当我到了大门口,发现艾丝黛拉正在等着我,她好像对发生的事情感到很高兴,我不晓得她是否已经看到了我们的打斗。我出门之前,她说:

Here!you can kiss me if you like.

喂!如果你喜欢可以吻我。

I kissed her cheek.It was true I wanted to kiss her very much,but I felt that kiss was almost like a coin thrown to a poor common boy,and not worth anything.

我吻了她的面颊,真的,我想不停地吻她。可是,我感到吻几乎像一枚硬币抛向一个可怜粗俗的孩子,一文不值。

I didn't see the pale young gentleman there again.I continued my visits to Miss Havisham for almost a year.

我再也没有见过那个白脸少年绅士。几乎是过了一年,

She took great pleasure in watching my growing admiration for Estella,and my unhappiness when Estella laughed at me.

我继续去拜访郝蔽香小姐,看到我的成长,赞美艾丝黛拉她很高兴。当艾丝黛拉嘲笑我时,我不高兴。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ydqcsy/530264.html