纪录片《为何讲话》 第1期:人类特有的语言(在线收听

Hi, baby!

你好 宝宝

From the moment we're born,

从出生的那一刻起

we have language in our lives.

语言就存在于我们的生活中

Hi, baby!

你好 宝宝

A unique ability that defines us as human.

这种独特的能力将我们界定为人类

I can walk up to someone I don't know

我可以走到一位陌生人面前

and I can make a sequence of noises that I've never

让气流通过口腔 从而发出一系列

made before by pushing air through my mouth.

我从未发出过的声音

I will take a thought in my head and make it go into their head,

我可以让别人感知到我的思想

and that's an incredible trick.

这真是种不可思议的把戏

Other animals may use sounds to communicate

其它动物也可以通过声音来交流

but we're the only ones on the planet who can talk.

但我们是这个星球上唯一可以讲话的生物

Speech and language distinguishes us from all other species.

说话和语言将我们与其它物种区分开来

We are not only using words to be able to express ourselves

我们说话不仅仅是为了表达自己

but we are really expressing

而是为了表达

our thought processes that are unique to ourselves.

我们每个人独一无二的思想过程

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpwhjh/530434.html