纪录片《为何讲话》 第43期:真实的语言(在线收听

This allows the parts to be joined together in different ways

这些部分可以按不同方式组合起来

to describe fruit the volunteers have never seen before,

用来描述实验者从未见过的水果

a crucial feature of human language.

这是人类语言的一个重要特征

I think lahoki will be this one.

我觉得这个应该叫"lahoki"

Got all five out of five right. Oh, good, excellent.

五道都做对了 真好 太棒了

The really striking thing that we've discovered

真正令我们惊讶的发现是

is that when we run these experiments

在这个实验的最终

what we get at the end looks like a real language,

我们得到的语言看起来像真正的语言

not one of the languages that we see in the world today

并不是当今世界存在的语言

but it looks like a language in that it's got

但看起来像是门语言

those essential defining characteristics that we see in language.

拥有已存在的语言所具有的关键特征

In other words these languages that emerge

也就是说 现在的语言都是

are made up of parts that can be recombined.

由可以重新排列组合的词根构成

This happens gradually, it happens without anyone knowing it

这是一个无人注意到的渐进过程

and yet it is the exact feature of language that makes it unique,

就是这个特征让语言这么独一无二

makes language different from everything else we see in nature.

使得它不同于我们所见到的任何事物

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpwhjh/530476.html